News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Will add images eventually.
Oh dear, today was a big haul.

- x4 new shelves because I have zero room to expand
- Papo Allosaurus
- Papo Therizinosaurus
- Papo Gorgosaurus
- PNSO Essien, kept my promise  ;)
- CollectA carcharodontosaurus, don't like the texture, but figure is nice.
- Safari LTD Ankylosaurus

As for the biggest haul in my LIFE, 48 PNSO Mini models.
The box is absolutely massive, and I was able to make up to 7 and a half stacks of these minis. The even bigger part is the mess. It's extremely difficult to open those little boxes, and because their considerably larger than the figure itself, it leaves a ton of junk.

The little packets every. single. one. comes with have very nice art, but I doubt I'll ever look at it again. Feels more like they were supposed to be sold individually in the first place.

The box they came in is massive and I'll use it to store other PNSO boxes!
An oversized house cat.

Faelrin

avatar_Lynx @Lynx Congrats on your massive haul, and the new shelves.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Pliosaurking

Merry Christmas everyone, and happy holidays!

I have got a figure that was my most anticipated of the entire year, the Nanmu Supplanter 2.0 Limited Edition Spinosaurus!
It's absolutely fantastic and is one of my favourite pieces in my entire collection!
Everything about it is just perfect, the sculpt, the paint and that gorgeous base! I'm so happy to have this figure in my collection, and what a Christmas gift!

GojiraGuy1954

Christmas figure acquisitions

CollectA Anglerfish
CollectA Basking Shark
CollectA Bearded Dragon
CollectA Beishanlong
CollectA Brontosaurus
CollectA Cassowary
CollectA Iguanodon
CollectA Kiwi
CollectA Musk Ox
CollectA Protoceratops
CollectA Pteranodon longiceps
CollectA Shoebill Stork
PNSO Jacques the Deinocheirus
Safari LTD Coelophysis
Safari LTD Sauropelta
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Concavenator

Certainly some "productive" Christmas, collecting-wise. Congrats on your new acquisitions, everyone!

JimoAi

]
For my animal figures, I got the pnso therizinosaurus, a replacement kaiyodo clownfish, Safari LTD salmon shark with unfortunately damaged caudal fin, will have to get a replacement Sooner or later, botm 1/18 Velociraptor and the pretty devisive papo narwhal. I feel the sculpt is strong on the figure but the paint is v lack luster especially the tusk. Will need a repaint for that one.

Got a bunch of convention nonsense and some pokemon figures: Kanto scale world set 3 and the plamo Gyarados

MLMjp

Used christmas money to get a couple of marine critters.

DragonRider02

I got some of my most wanted figures for Christmas.

ceratopsian

Fembrogon

My first acquisition for 2023: the Cambrian Creatures mini set from Favorite! This has actually been in transit since November, but it finally arrived yesterday - the price to pay for a bargain listing. I'm already delighted with the contents; I'll add to the chorus hoping Favorite will do more sets like this in the future!

Gwangi

Oh wow, congrats avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon. I love the packaging they're in, I think I would actually display them like that.

Fembrogon

It's a nice box, isn't it? I have them all out on a shelf right now, but Favorite did a good job with the overall package design. I dare say this is a must-have set for any Paleozoic fauna fan.

EmperorDinobot

I should take pics of the stuff I got in the Xmas holiday, but I haven't opened it all yet.

Roselaar

First catch of 2023. Good start!

MLMjp

The three wise kings gifted me these two:

Libraraptor

Quote from: Fembrogon on January 04, 2023, 05:51:38 PMMy first acquisition for 2023: the Cambrian Creatures mini set from Favorite! This has actually been in transit since November, but it finally arrived yesterday - the price to pay for a bargain listing. I'm already delighted with the contents; I'll add to the chorus hoping Favorite will do more sets like this in the future!

They remind me of belgian sea fruit made from chocolate ;D  Will there ever be chocolate Anomalocaris? ;D

Kapitaenosavrvs

The little Sister of my Girlfriend gifted me the Papo Brachiosaurus and Papo Triceratops. I never would have bought them myself, but especially the Sauropod is an impressive Figure, for a JP based Figure i normally am not interested in. And Heavy. And i sometimes forget the amount of Detail and Paintapp on these (now quite old) Figures.

I was really surprised. They are not cheap! A classic "We are not going to buy gifts this year. Again. like the last years." Situation, where i was doing like said. Others clearly not :D

SidB

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on January 06, 2023, 06:59:26 PMThe little Sister of my Girlfriend gifted me the Papo Brachiosaurus and Papo Triceratops. I never would have bought them myself, but especially the Sauropod is an impressive Figure, for a JP based Figure i normally am not interested in. And Heavy. And i sometimes forget the amount of Detail and Paintapp on these (now quite old) Figures.

I was really surprised. They are not cheap! A classic "We are not going to buy gifts this year. Again. like the last years." Situation, where i was doing like said. Others clearly not :D
If you feel so inclined, avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs , check out my repaint thread. I had the Triceratops repainted (gave up on Papo ever doing that) and modified the Brachio - moved the external nares and modified the front feet. I know that you like to improve these type of critters.

Carnoking

PNSO's Suchomimus showed up today. Another standout figure in an already strong year.

SidB

This Suchomimus sure isn't hard to look at!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: