News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on February 24, 2023, 04:55:48 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 24, 2023, 04:27:51 PMI'm still waiting to see the final piece.  The breakout looks to be in roughly the same pose as the Giga just standing on fencing vs the hill. Will all that fence add another 100.00 to the cost like with the Ultimasaurus/dragon?

Rotunda pose is pretty classic, I can see why they would do it. I have the non scale Prime 1 version on order though so I'm not sure I need it. I'm kicking myself for missing out on the big Prime 1...    I think the ultimate budget rotunda piece would be the first brown Papo or the Hallmark ornament which even plays the theme song.  :)

To be fair, that pose seems more appropriate for the rex than the giga. Definitely captures the moment of her eyeing Grant and Malcom's Explorer before stepping out of the paddock. Meanwhile, I can't seem to remember such a pose from the giga, but then again they didn't really have any "iconic" poses to pull from with that one seeing as it did basically nothing noteworthy.

As for the price, I too shudder at the thought*, although I do wonder if the broken fence will wind up being included to such an extent. After all, we've seen them cut things from designs before.

*I probably won't have to worry too much seeing as this too will probably be a challenge to get your hands on.

Maybe it had that pose when it was standing on Rexy at the final battle? That's all I can think of. I would rather it had a different pose myself but alas. 

It's possible, or at least optional maybe? Though if you want the full scene...ouch.  I feel like maybe they are trying to find a limit as to what people will pay? lol  Thankfully I'm skipping the Mosasaur, I don't see anything there I need s o i can save a few bucks.   I'm not sure they are as hard to get ahold of as the Spino was, I've seen a few shops on facebook claim to be carrying them. You just need to preorder.

blnadal

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 24, 2023, 04:57:19 PMNanmu Giga comparison from Facebook

I remember when we thought the first Nanmu Giga was gigantic..the Dragon Soul will probably be even larger if the Spinosaurus was any indication.
its color looks way better in these photos

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 24, 2023, 05:03:13 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 24, 2023, 04:27:51 PMIt's possible, or at least optional maybe? Though if you want the full scene...ouch.  I feel like maybe they are trying to find a limit as to what people will pay? lol  Thankfully I'm skipping the Mosasaur, I don't see anything there I need s o i can save a few bucks.  I'm not sure they are as hard to get ahold of as the Spino was, I've seen a few shops on facebook claim to be carrying them. You just need to preorder.

I believe I've seen those shops you mention, although I have a hard time trusting them myself. I'm more comfortable just going through the likes of Lana, BBTS, or ED as opposed to relying on Facebook messenger to place an order for something. The trade off of course being that Lana prefers to operate on a first come basis for returning customers and BBTS usually sells out fairly quick. All that said, if there's one Facebook shop you can vouch for I would gladly look into it!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on February 24, 2023, 05:16:13 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 24, 2023, 04:57:19 PMNanmu Giga comparison from Facebook

I remember when we thought the first Nanmu Giga was gigantic..the Dragon Soul will probably be even larger if the Spinosaurus was any indication.
its color looks way better in these photos

It certainly does, I was afraid it would be rather bland judging by other pics. I'm glad I have the brown original Giga as these will stand apart, but those with the grey version like this can show a real animal vs film..kinda jealous about that.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on February 24, 2023, 05:32:17 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 24, 2023, 05:03:13 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 24, 2023, 04:27:51 PMIt's possible, or at least optional maybe? Though if you want the full scene...ouch.  I feel like maybe they are trying to find a limit as to what people will pay? lol  Thankfully I'm skipping the Mosasaur, I don't see anything there I need s o i can save a few bucks.  I'm not sure they are as hard to get ahold of as the Spino was, I've seen a few shops on facebook claim to be carrying them. You just need to preorder.

I believe I've seen those shops you mention, although I have a hard time trusting them myself. I'm more comfortable just going through the likes of Lana, BBTS, or ED as opposed to relying on Facebook messenger to place an order for something. The trade off of course being that Lana prefers to operate on a first come basis for returning customers and BBTS usually sells out fairly quick. All that said, if there's one Facebook shop you can vouch for I would gladly look into it!

Check out the Dinosaur Darkroom group on there. I think Warung Forza Shop is reliable? I see them post a lot.

Carnoking

Apparently Lana has the new Giga in stock already. That's pretty good considering they originally said they'd be sent out in late April!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on February 25, 2023, 05:33:58 PMApparently Lana has the new Giga in stock already. That's pretty good considering they originally said they'd be sent out in late April!

I saw them post that on Instagram. Definitely earlier than expected. They said they would be contacting for payment next week so I need to prepare the account.. lol

blnadal

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Very nice! The only think I actually don't care for is the barbarian. I guess I'll paint him up and feed him to my dragons.. lol  ;D

Stegotyranno420

That is a nice Acrocanthosaurus

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

I do like that color better than the standard Blue Whale coloration. It's tempting..enough for  me to buy it? IDK..

Paleo Flo

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 27, 2023, 01:58:27 AMThat is a nice Acrocanthosaurus

You nailed my thoughts on the JW Giganothosaurus  ;D
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lana just shipped my regular edition of the Giga for anyone waiting for stock to order.

SenSx

Quote from: Paleo Flo on February 27, 2023, 05:51:26 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 27, 2023, 01:58:27 AMThat is a nice Acrocanthosaurus

Oh yes, exactly why I don't like the JW Giga.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on February 27, 2023, 04:03:48 PM
Quote from: Paleo Flo on February 27, 2023, 05:51:26 AM

Oh yes, exactly why I don't like the JW Giga.

I mean it is related. A bit of Acro DNA in there wouldn't be a surprise.

Sovereign59

Received an email late last night/early this morning thay my standard Giga has shipped as well. I'm excited! :) I read on one of Lana's instagram posts that they would be reaching out to people who "registered" to order the dragon soul version and the V Rex this week, still hoping there's a chance I might be lucky this time. But I can't imagine that they possibly have enough of them left to offer one to everyone who registered.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sovereign59 on February 28, 2023, 02:57:02 AMReceived an email late last night/early this morning thay my standard Giga has shipped as well. I'm excited! :) I read on one of Lana's instagram posts that they would be reaching out to people who "registered" to order the dragon soul version and the V Rex this week, still hoping there's a chance I might be lucky this time. But I can't imagine that they possibly have enough of them left to offer one to everyone who registered.

I don't know, I registered early as soon as they mentioned it, but I feel they were taking new registers a few days at least, I actually never heard them say they were sold out.  I think, maybe, after the Spinosaurus they are making more? The Spino was a test to see how well they sell. There are several stores carrying them or planning to, more than I thought before.

Sovereign59

I
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 28, 2023, 03:10:27 AM
Quote from: Sovereign59 on February 28, 2023, 02:57:02 AMReceived an email late last night/early this morning thay my standard Giga has shipped as well. I'm excited! :) I read on one of Lana's instagram posts that they would be reaching out to people who "registered" to order the dragon soul version and the V Rex this week, still hoping there's a chance I might be lucky this time. But I can't imagine that they possibly have enough of them left to offer one to everyone who registered.

I don't know, I registered early as soon as they mentioned it, but I feel they were taking new registers a few days at least, I actually never heard them say they were sold out.  I think, maybe, after the Spinosaurus they are making more? The Spino was a test to see how well they sell. There are several stores carrying them or planning to, more than I thought before.

Hopefully that's how it will be then! I wouldn't even mind if they took orders well in advance for these dragon soul figures, taking payment ahead to reserve them, then they'd produce them when they had a number of orders already in plus however many extra they want to make. Just making a limited amount like 498 or whatever the Spino was limited to I think createst this feeling of "rarity" that makes people want to just buy them all up whether they really like the piece or not.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: