News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Flaffy on March 21, 2023, 02:15:58 AM
Quote from: quiversaurus on March 21, 2023, 02:07:16 AMHi avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy , may I know which paper you got the forelimb skeletals from? Would like to give it a read~

"The Venice specimen of Ouranosaurus nigeriensis (Dinosauria, Ornithopoda)"
Link: https://peerj.com/articles/3403/
DOI: https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj.3403

The author of the paper is Filippo Bertozzo, one of our collaborators at Paleo-Nerd. I can ask what he thinks about the models.

Samrukia

it's beautiful, just ordered the red variant - similar to the picture in my old book from 90s, feels nostalgic

Lynx

I have to appreciate how affordable they make these models, amazing quality and paint jobs for prices that the average person can easily afford!
An oversized house cat.

Gwangi

No question about it, I'm buying this Ouranosaurus. Now I just need to pick which color. The red is more unique so that's where I'm leaning. We've needed a good Ouranosaurus for a long time. There's still a chance PNSO might do one but it won't be for this price and I'm tired of waiting.

The price on these recent releases is similar to what PNSO was costing about 3 years ago, right in my preferred $20-30 range. I don't own any Haolonggood dinosaurs but if they keep this up they're likely to get more of my business than PNSO.

Skorpio V.

I lovee the green one even though I think orange when I think Ouranosaurus. I can imagine it pairing well with the PNSO Lambeosaurus, the white accenting is even more natural here I think. Probably comes down more to the actual paint they use, since the PNSO white paint seems so wonkily applied. I digress, cool release!
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

ceratopsian

Thanks for the article, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy.  A very interesting read that taught me a lot more than I knew about Ouranosaurus, and some painstaking detective work by the palaeontologists involved.  It would be most interesting to hear your friend's views on the models, avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx.

So the Venice specimen's ungual phalanx of digit 1 is a plaster copy of an original.  I was interested to read that it was only 60mm long. Of course, this is only the bone, not the life appearance. 

Quote from: Mattyonyx on March 21, 2023, 09:30:37 AM
Quote from: quiversaurus on March 21, 2023, 02:07:16 AMHi avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy , may I know which paper you got the forelimb skeletals from? Would like to give it a read~

The author of the paper is Filippo Bertozzo, one of our collaborators at Paleo-Nerd. I can ask what he thinks about the models.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Mattyonyx on March 21, 2023, 09:30:37 AM

Oh that's good to know! I will be looking forward to yours (and Filippo's) update!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on March 21, 2023, 12:08:39 PMNo question about it, I'm buying this Ouranosaurus. Now I just need to pick which color. The red is more unique so that's where I'm leaning. We've needed a good Ouranosaurus for a long time. There's still a chance PNSO might do one but it won't be for this price and I'm tired of waiting.

The price on these recent releases is similar to what PNSO was costing about 3 years ago, right in my preferred $20-30 range. I don't own any Haolonggood dinosaurs but if they keep this up they're likely to get more of my business than PNSO.

For 18.99 I just bought both.

I think the green one is maybe inspired by JW CC? 

the red/blue is certainly more unique.

Gwangi

The green one definitely reminds me of Mattel's, which I already have (that's my picture) which is another reason I'm leaning towards the red.

ceratopsian

I went for both.  I liked both colour palettes.

My Nasutoceratops pair have reached my local delivery firm!

Concavenator

Not sure if any of you realized, but if you take a look at the first 2 pages of this thread, after V @vampiredesign asked us what species we wanted to see, quite a few people (me included) asked for Ouranosaurus. They also said they'd listened to our suggestions. And here we have the Ouranosaurus! Great news indeed, and I hope these models will be particularly successful, being an iconic species with good fossil remains that our community has been requesting for a long time. Looking forward to getting mine (I think I'll be going for the green version, kinda gives off zebra vibes which I think fit this creature). The price is really nice too, they really put PNSO to shame in this aspect (or at least for us western buyers).

However, V @vampiredesign would it be possible to fix the hands? Maybe for a later wave? When I get mine I think I will be sending it for a hands repair, so I'd rather not go through that and save some money there. As avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy said, it's this sort of scientific inaccuracy that hinder Haolonggood's products from being absolutely top notch.

Samrukia

i have a feeling the next figure is Kentrosaurus

Sim

I would be interested in a Kentrosaurus!  But I'm also eager to see their next carnivore.  I'm hoping it will be Austroraptor.

ItsTwentyBelow

Yep these two Haolonggood releases have my attention. Good show. Ordered the red Ouranosaurus, and now my old Battat figure will have a herd mate. Great price for the quality, especially from AliExpress sellers.

I also really like the brown Nasuto. Though I have the Safari figure, this may fill the hole that will always be there after Dan Lo Russo showed us his last wave of Battat figures that never ended up releasing, including the Nasutoceratops.

Sim

I keep coming back to this thread and looking at the green Ouranosaurus.  It's beautiful.  But, I'm not going to get it if it doesn't have the thumb spike.  It's an important part of Ouranosaurus.

vampiredesign

Thank you very much for your support and correction. I apologize for the current regret, and we will focus on how to correct it in future work. At present, the most important thing is that I am checking the quality of the following products and the paint work. The new team will soon be established, and we will work more rigorously. Thank you very much.
Yes, there will be another new product release soon. Of course, we are carefully checking this time.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Sim on March 21, 2023, 10:31:22 PMI keep coming back to this thread and looking at the green Ouranosaurus.  It's beautiful.  But, I'm not going to get it if it doesn't have the thumb spike.  It's an important part of Ouranosaurus.

My sentiments exactly, I keep looking at the figures in their different poses. They're so pleasing to look at. I hope Haolonggood are able to make changes to the thumb spike/forelimbs in later releases, but for now, I'm definitely looking forward to what they have planned next. Price point and patterning/paint job-wise they seem to have it down pat.

(1:35 Kentrosaurus let's gooo)

Renecito

Here goes my assorted wish list:

- Pterodaustro
- Baryonyx
- Nothosaurus
- Leedsichthys
- Saurolophus

P.D.: I love the Ouranosaurus, it was always on my wish list.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

ceratopsian

V @vampiredesign -  trying to produce the most accurate possible figures in future is a good aim. 

However, there is much to praise in what you have achieved.  My two Nasutoceratops arrived today and the colour schemes and the quality of the painting is superb.  The foam packaging is very secure and protective too. I'm thrilled with them!

I'm looking forward to your new releases with great interest.  It is especially pleasing to me that you are producing herbivores rather than only theropods!

Here's a couple of photos of my new arrivals.  I'll put a couple more in my own collection thread.

Quote from: vampiredesign on March 22, 2023, 05:17:39 AMThank you very much for your support and correction. I apologize for the current regret, and we will focus on how to correct it in future work. At present, the most important thing is that I am checking the quality of the following products and the paint work. The new team will soon be established, and we will work more rigorously. Thank you very much.
Yes, there will be another new product release soon. Of course, we are carefully checking this time.

Fembrogon

Thanks for the photos, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian; the Nasuto pair looks even more gorgeous! I'm excited for mine to arrive.

Your dedication to quality is greatly appreciated, V @vampiredesign. I intend to get the Ouranosaurus even with the foot flaws, and I look forward to how future products will be further improved.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: