News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kei

Just received this beautiful custom Deinocheirus from Gex Pedroche on Instagram  8) I will give this guy a proper photoshoot later this week.

Carnoking

Beautiful is an understatement!

SidB

Friday  afternoon and a little surprise in the mailbox: the Haolonggood Nasutosaurus, brownish variant. It doesn't disappoint. It sure is a bit of a hefty fellow though, but nothing absurd. When you walk down the street, dozens of people pass by. Most may fit a certain template, but there's always a certain percentage who differ visually, and that noticeably, from the 'standard'. Does that make those people deficient humans, bogus representatives of humanity? Hardly. There is natural variation, and I'm taking that to be the situation in this case. The horns don't seem too problematic at all, though the issue taken with the eppoccipitals is dead on. Taking all of this together with the extremely high production values, especially the paint work, this is one fine figure, IMO.

Compared to the WS "industry standard":

Faelrin

S @SidB Those are a lot closer in size then I thought. Like near exact. Wow. :o
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on March 25, 2023, 04:54:55 AMS @SidB Those are a lot closer in size then I thought. Like near exact. Wow. :o
Yes, avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin , it was a pleasant surprise for me too.

Paleo Flo

a great pair. But I like the Safari one a little more. The paintjob on the new one is indeed splendid.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

SidB

Quote from: Paleo Flo on March 25, 2023, 02:40:55 PMa great pair. But I like the Safari one a little more. The paintjob on the new one is indeed splendid.
Agreed, avatar_Paleo Flo @Paleo Flo , although its paint work can't compare to the new one, Safari's Nasutosaurus remains the best mass produced one ever made. And the price was great too - too bad it's out of production.

ceratopsian

Yesterday's arrival, the PNSO bronze aurochs:  I'll put some more pictures in my collection thread.

Blackdanter

Splendidhand Jakapil. Sadly, I think this is now discontinued.

Fembrogon

New arrivals from AliExpress; Haolongood's Nasutoceratops and PNSO's Meraxes are just as beautiful as they've appeared in photos and videos so far, if not more so.

SidB

Those blues sure look good together. We haven't got a lot of blue dinosaurs over the last year, so these are most welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Paleo Flo

Nice NAsutos. I prefer the brown one.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

SidB

Quote from: Paleo Flo on March 30, 2023, 06:08:37 AMNice NAsutos. I prefer the brown one.
Ditto. As much as I like the blue one, I prefer the more complex paint app on the brownish Nasutosaurus too.

Jose S.M.

I like the brown body more but I prefer the frill on the other one hehe. Beautiful figures!

ceratopsian

Which is why I bought both!

Quote from: Jose S.M. on March 30, 2023, 01:38:46 PMI like the brown body more but I prefer the frill on the other one hehe. Beautiful figures!

JimoAi

my latest haul: The safari LTd Patagotitan, which would be databased as a Dreadnoughthous and be the last dinosaur I'll acquire for a while, The CollectA Boto which I find a little too gray compared to the promo pics and my copy has this tag string sort of cut into the figure a little bit, the beautiful CollectA goblin shark which is longer but lighter than my Schleich Great white and will be added as an exceptionally sized individual and currently is a runner up for my favourite figure of the year. The hard to find Kaiyodo American lobster which costs more than everything here combined!

Bought these daiso glow in the dark deep sea life bath bomb figures out of impulse and I'm surprised at the quality of these and the Clione is good enough to make it in to my main collection, though it smells like oranges.

SidB

Interesting decision to use your Pata as a Dreadnoughthous, avatar_JimoAi @JimoAi . I use mine as a subadult, which allows it to successfully pose among my 1/35-1/40 Safari figures.

SidB

My latest arrival, PNSO's striking Meraxes:

With their new Giganotosaurus:

Top view:

Snuggled in among several of his newest, closest buddies:

TooOldForDinosaurs

My latest acquisitions. Arrived all around the same time past week from various places (2 from etsy) :)

I didn't realize it until I actually had it in hand but the small ankylosaurid seems to be a cast of the Sideshow Dinosauria Euoplocephalus hatchling, probably just copied by a 3D scan.

Libraraptor

I like that old school Iguanodon!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: