News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheImmortalEye

is there a list of plans or smth similar of which dinosaurs Haolonggood plans to release?

Bread

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on April 20, 2023, 11:09:40 AMis there a list of plans or smth similar of which dinosaurs Haolonggood plans to release?
No, but V @vampiredesign mentioned 8 paint samples apparently. To my knowledge we have only gotten 3 figures with 6 paint schemes so that possibly leaves 1 figure with 2 colorschemes to be revealed/released.

*IF THIS IS TRUE, NOT CONFIRMED*

Sim

avatar_Bread @Bread, I just looked at vampiredesign's post again and they actually said MORE than 8 colourations have been created, so I take that to mean there are at least two more species coming. :)  Below is the post.

Quote from: vampiredesign on January 26, 2023, 06:52:50 AMHappy New Year. At present, we have designed more than 8 color schemes, and each new product will have 2 style paint schemes, which can be produced after the holiday. See you in March. (Don't look at those silhouettes, they will be cooler than those silhouettes)

Bread

Quote from: Sim on April 20, 2023, 04:43:07 PMavatar_Bread @Bread, I just looked at vampiredesign's post again and they actually said MORE than 8 colourations have been created, so I take that to mean there are at least two more species coming. :)  Below is the post.

Quote from: vampiredesign on January 26, 2023, 06:52:50 AMHappy New Year. At present, we have designed more than 8 color schemes, and each new product will have 2 style paint schemes, which can be produced after the holiday. See you in March. (Don't look at those silhouettes, they will be cooler than those silhouettes)
Wow, you're right!

I hope they continue to-do species who have yet to have a figure, or at least a species that hasn't had a new figure in over a decade.

SenSx

I'm hoping for medium sized theropods: Herrerasaurus, Ceratosaurus, Megalosaurus.

Or if they can continue with the feathered dinosaurs with a Gigantoraptor.

Or if they could step up their game and release 1/35 Sauropods like Argentinosaurus or Patagotitan.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: SenSx on April 20, 2023, 05:52:49 PMI'm hoping for medium sized theropods: Herrerasaurus, Ceratosaurus, Megalosaurus.

Or if they could step up their game and release 1/35 Sauropods like Argentinosaurus or Patagotitan.

I definitely agree with that medium sized theropod list. Why not throw in a Dilophosaurus, or a Cryolophosaurus too (:

And I've also said it before but I'll say it again: Kentrosaurus let's go~

Sim

I'm really hoping for a Kentrosaurus from Haolonggood.  Austroraptor too.  Herrerasaurus, Ceratosaurus, Cryolophosaurus and Dilophosaurus are all exciting choices as well!

vampiredesign

Thank you very much for your support. I have seen your wish list and will do my best to fulfill your wishes. There are many species that come slowly. R&D, design, and painting are very time-consuming and expensive, and we constantly upgrade and solve many problems with the model. We will vote on the selection of species based on the development and design situation

^-^  I need to prepare for next week's surprise.~

Concavenator

Yeah, I would love to have a good Kentrosaurus too!  ^-^

Also, I created a specific thread dedicated to our suggestions for Haolonggood's future species. Be sure to check it out and feel free to comment your suggestions. Here's the link:

https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10800.msg343817;topicseen#new

V @vampiredesign Hope it will be useful. And thank you for all your efforts and your aim to improve!

Nyrorosaurus

A repaint of the Quetz is coming (courtesy of Paleofiguras' Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Paleofiguras)

Bread

For anyone that doesn't have facebook:
Edit: Scratch that, I didn't see avatar_Nyrorosaurus @Nyrorosaurus image(s). Here are more added though.

Fembrogon

It looks pretty nice. Improved engineering of the jaw would be preferable, though.

Halichoeres

Was this the surprise alluded to? It could be that the additional paint master that's pending is also a repaint. No reason some of these can't come in three colors.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

It's just the one, right, not two figures like the first release?

SenSx

Quote from: quiversaurus on April 20, 2023, 06:25:09 PM
Quote from: SenSx on April 20, 2023, 05:52:49 PMI'm hoping for medium sized theropods: Herrerasaurus, Ceratosaurus, Megalosaurus.

I definitely agree with that medium sized theropod list. Why not throw in a Dilophosaurus, or a Cryolophosaurus too (:

True but we alwready had the Safari Cryolophosaurus and Dilophosaurus (although the Dilophosaurus deserves a new up to date model).

Herrerasaurus desperately needs a representation as a figure, the Collecta Megalosaurus is nice but too small, and none of the Ceratosaurus figures on the market are really satisfying.

Faelrin

Very interesting coloration. I really like it. I think for the most part Haolonggood has had very appealing colorations, and rather detailed ones too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Eatmycar

Parasaurolophus. Something about Wyatt just... idk. It just feels like it's missing something. I also believe Wyatt has a specific pathology? Feels like an individual than a definitive representative of the species.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Eatmycar on April 23, 2023, 06:31:19 AMParasaurolophus. Something about Wyatt just... idk. It just feels like it's missing something. I also believe Wyatt has a specific pathology? Feels like an individual than a definitive representative of the species.

Yeah, the divot in the vertebral column is an injury visible on the specimen on display at AMNH. Other specimens don't have the divot.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Credit: Paleo-Nerd

Here's the... surprise?

Any guesses?

Hoping it will be an Anchiceratops, but particularly hoping it won't be the problematic Nedoceratops.

I think this means we'll be getting a megaraptorid, a sauropod and a stegosaurid too sometime soon, based on these teasers:

And: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid09hoJUEkgDzK838BsaGQawC8GgcYGTA4KA7HRRAcuW98JiMquheBNvRN5HDVhnNP2l&id=100066892290400

Bread

Looks to be a possible Nodosaurid.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: