News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Bread on May 19, 2023, 12:28:00 PM
Quote from: Leyster on May 19, 2023, 05:51:43 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on May 18, 2023, 06:05:14 PM
Quote from: Bread on May 18, 2023, 01:44:04 PMI thought Tylosaurus was much smaller than Kronosaurus? The Kronosaurus model being about 1:35 scale and the Tylosaurus being larger than 1:20, based on L @Leyster's calculations.

Well, Leyster has to think his calculations over then. Scaling PNSO's Tylosaurus larger than 1:20 is completely wrong. Sideshow's is a bit larger than 1:20.
I've been standing more than once next to the Tylosaurus skeleton in Zürich / Switzerland and believe me .... it's huge.
There's more than one species of Tylosaurus, and not all of them are that big. As I explained in detail in my thread, I think the skull of the PNSO model matches more T.nepaeolicus than T.proriger, and T.nepaeolicus is smaller. I also wrote that if you want to consider it KUVP 5033 (the largest Tylosaurus proriger specimen, the one you saw in Switzerland), then it's 1:32.
Thank you for the confirmation and additional information Leyster!

Usually I rely on either you or Halichoeres for these scale calculations, no offense to anyone else's calculations.

Anyways, I am still adamant about wanting more brought to the table regarding marine museum line models from PNSO. I don't beleive that their medium size/mainline figures matchup in terms of quality to their museum line models. The seamlines for instance being very apparent on their medium size line marine models.

theire also hollow pvc while the museum line kronosaurus is solid pvc ( exc: helicoprion, cretorhina, leurhino and the dunkleosteus)

Halichoeres

The Helicoprion and Dunkleosteus feel solid to me, although the Cretoxyrhina is clearly hollow.

Is anybody planning to buy the trading cards? I already have several of PNSO's books, and all the promo images are of dinosaurs proper. I would only be tempted by the cards if there were pretty good representation of marine reptiles, pterosaurs, fish, etc.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 19, 2023, 02:32:18 PMThe Helicoprion and Dunkleosteus feel solid to me, although the Cretoxyrhina is clearly hollow.

Is anybody planning to buy the trading cards? I already have several of PNSO's books, and all the promo images are of dinosaurs proper. I would only be tempted by the cards if there were pretty good representation of marine reptiles, pterosaurs, fish, etc.

i kinda feel a bit bummed the cards basicly just reuse their poster artworks, but i look the price they have

Halichoeres

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 19, 2023, 02:42:55 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 19, 2023, 02:32:18 PMThe Helicoprion and Dunkleosteus feel solid to me, although the Cretoxyrhina is clearly hollow.

i kinda feel a bit bummed the cards basicly just reuse their poster artworks, but i look the price they have

Ha, maybe this is what happens when you a hire a CEO, they find every way to wring more sales out of existing artwork.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

JimoAi

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 19, 2023, 03:13:48 PM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 19, 2023, 02:42:55 PM

Ha, maybe this is what happens when you a hire a CEO, they find every way to wring more sales out of existing artwork.

"what inspired you to make a trading card series which recycles existing artwork?"

"Money!"

though I feel the trading card would be a flop as the artwork is nothing special and I doubt there will be a huge market for these. Not sure of the chase cards value in the future but they're either probably not going to be worth too much or stupidly expensive

ceratopsian

I have several PNSO books, and PNSO postcards - plus the posters, notably those that come with their museum line models.  I don't feel the need for trading cards as well.

Sim

Quote from: Bread on May 19, 2023, 12:28:00 PMAnyways, I am still adamant about wanting more brought to the table regarding marine museum line models from PNSO. I don't beleive that their medium size/mainline figures matchup in terms of quality to their museum line models. The seamlines for instance being very apparent on their medium size line marine models.
The PNSO Mosasaurus is another museum line model.  In any case, I think it would be good if PNSO made more marine museum line models.  Shonisaurus and Hydrotherosaurus would be two choices, can you think of any other marine animal you'd like for their museum line, Bread?

Concavenator

If it's going to be a Museum Line model, I hope it will be an updated Amargasaurus. If they're going to release a new Tyrannosaurus and/or Spinosaurus those will be instant skips for me. Same goes for Tyrannotitan.

As for the Tyrannosaurus, even if they don't overtexture it like last time it will very probably still lack lips. The upcoming Eofauna Tyrannosaurus also has smooth skin and has lips too, so it's essentially "the new Wilson" some people have been asking for. Not to mention it will be noticeably cheaper than a new ML PNSO Tyrannosaurus.

And when it comes to Spinosaurus, the poor animal just begs not to get made into a figure at this point, with how much our knowledge of it changes. This assuming the animal we frequently associate with Spinosaurus is indeed Spinosaurus to begin with. I used to be fond of Spinosaurus, but at this point I've just grown tired of it. There's also the Mesozoic Life Spinosaurus, which I don't see PNSO beating unless they give it the probably more realistic rounded sail. By buying the Mesozoic Life instead it would also help support an emerging company, so there's that.

In any case, if they do release any of them, good news for those who wanted them! At least I'll be saving money and space, so that's not too bad!

Sim

I'd be interested in an updated Amargasaurus from PNSO!  If they make it truly in 1:35 scale though, won't it be tiny, even smaller than PNSO's Tsintaosaurus?  I find it hard to imagine Amargasaurus being the next museum line figure for this reason.  Also, Concavenator also seems too small to be a museum line figure, so I really don't know what PNSO's next figure will be!

Medzo

Maybe they'll kick-off with a pterosaurs line. Just a gut feeling.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Medzo on May 20, 2023, 11:10:48 AMMaybe they'll kick-off with a pterosaurs line. Just a gut feeling.

I'd love some pterosaurs. I'm thinking the same packaging but with 3-4 in-scale animals per box.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 20, 2023, 03:53:44 PM
Quote from: Medzo on May 20, 2023, 11:10:48 AMMaybe they'll kick-off with a pterosaurs line. Just a gut feeling.

I'd love some pterosaurs. I'm thinking the same packaging but with 3-4 in-scale animals per box.

Something like this has been a DTF members' wish since I joined the forum.
Chances have never been bigger that one of those Chinese manufacturers will make the dream come true one day :) .

Faras

Post from new CEO (said official release on Monday):

Stegotyranno420

I know some people will be happy with this, and I am happy for them.

But another theropod, another Tyrannosaurus? It looks good, but is not my cup of Tea(.rex) at the moment. I applaud the sculpt and paintwork, however I was hoping for different things

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe it will be a larger scaled one? The teeth look pretty undetailed there. But I agree I don't see any reason to replace what I have with something almost exactly the same ( if it's same scale )

Flaffy

Guess we're getting an updated Wilson afterall O:-)

Not very impressed with the paint work so far, and especially so if they're milking it by putting him in the premium Museum Line. I do like how they extended the postorbital boses, but a damn shame they didn't bother to add lips. I don't doubt that he'll sell well considering it's Tyrannosaurus rex, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for something that wasn't a megatheropod.

PNSO did so well with their short sauropod streak of Mamenchisaurus and Lingwulong, the latter in particular is a spectacular model. Still hoping they'll release that teased Brachiosaurus sculpt, and rumoured Diplodocus figure. I still can't believe the last truly great Brachiosaurus is the Carnegie one after all this time.

Carnoking

Obviously not a lot to go off of right now but there's something about the way the arms are held... am I crazy, or is this just a repaint of the Zhuchengtyrannus??

SidB

I'm really surprised at that image being posted what with the remarkably sloppy paintwork on the teeth. More to the point, I was rather sure that PNSO would double down and make another lipless Wilson, the chances of a lipped one being slim and none. Still looking forward to the Eofauna T-rex. Hope that it comes on two distinct color versions, like their trike.

Flaffy

Quote from: Carnoking on May 21, 2023, 05:09:16 AMObviously not a lot to go off of right now but there's something about the way the arms are held... am I crazy, or is this just a repaint of the Zhuchengtyrannus??

No. Completely different scalation and keratin.

Flaffy

Quote from: SidB on May 21, 2023, 05:22:59 AMI'm really surprised at that image being posted what with the remarkably sloppy paintwork on the teeth. More to the point, I was rather sure that PNSO would double down and make another lipless Wilson, the chances of a lipped one being slim and none. Still looking forward to the Eofauna T-rex. Hope that it comes on two distinct color versions, like their trike.

Sloppy teeth and bleeding eye paint too. Not something I'd expect from PNSO with their premium prices.
Odd that they'd present this as the first teaser, not a great impression so far. :-\

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: