News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TooOldForDinosaurs' Collection

Started by TooOldForDinosaurs, February 18, 2022, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on May 07, 2023, 03:22:52 PMThank you! The bases are both part of other figures. The rock came with SenSens Xenoceratops and the base in the Stegosaur picture is from the Nanmu Shunosaurus family scene. The tree in the background is a cheap fake Bonsai tree from IKEA. :)
Never underestimate the value of cheap, fake Bonsai or other flora for that matter! Surprising useful at times. They can be far from good, but as long as they are good from afar ...

Halichoeres

The Tianzhenosaurus is very impressive. I just got mine recently and I keep picking it up to admire it. I got the other color, so I'm glad you got the other so I can enjoy looking at your photo!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TooOldForDinosaurs

Another big update to my collection accompanied by a massive post. I ordered this figure in early January 2023 and it has finally arrived. The late arrival of this beautiful model has a long backstory including a lot of uncertainty, frustration, and lastly a little bit sadness...

The Black Horse Studio Stygimoloch Family Scene - The figure was released back in 2019. When I ordered this from LanaTimeShop at the start of 2023, they claimed to still have this version and the EX version (with 2 extra playing babys) in stock. I ordered the EX version because I felt like those 2 babys add so much life to the whole scene. I waited 1 month without hearing anything at all regarding the order. After contacting LanaTime asking about the status of my order they told me that it would be shipped out in late February. Ok.

End of February. LanaTime contacts me by telling me that they will ship me the statue in late March. I will have to mark the order as "received" on eBay since the maximum 45 day-handling-time-window is almost over. They will send me a small PNSO mini figure for the waiting time.

After inquiring about the long waiting time (my understanding was that the figure is in stock) they tell me it is not finished with painting yet. I understand and another month passes. I ask them again about any updates on the shipment. This time though they answer me that they do not have the EX version at all (so what exactly was I waiting for to be painted?) and they could not find it with other sellers. We agree on a partial refund and me getting the normal version which they still have. This works smoothly.

At the end of April I have to contact them again: What about my order? It is in stock now. They  tell me that it will be sent within 4 days. 2 weeks later: Any updates? An apology as an answer.

Finally on May 13 (over 4 month later - for something "in stock") I get a message telling me that the parcel has been posted on May 8. What a relief! From there on everything went real fast and it arrived at my doorstep.

I want to say that this experience was my first "bad" experience with LanaTime. I would also say I'm a good and content customer but this was just nerve wrecking and horribly communicated (especially keeping in mind what this figure cost me). But the story of frustration is not over...

At the day of the arrival: After taking pictures of the figure I notice that a small piece of the babys left horn is broken off...  :'(  I cannot explain when or how it happend. The figurine only tumbled over once (on its base - thats like a 2cm "fall"). I literally emptied my entire room (I spent over 3 hours searching), turned every furniture, combed the carpet and lifted all the cabinets in search of the broken-off piece to glue it back together. It doesn't turn up. I'm still a bit devastated.

Spoiler
[close]

Well, now that I have all this off my chest; The statue is still an incredibly beautiful piece of art. It radiates a calming piece and the sculpt- and paintwork are magnificent. I'm really happy about it. The small bruise I will probably have to fix myself sometime in the future. I'm sorry if this post lacked my usual positivity and praise for the artwork itself.

Here are my pictures  :) :

ceratopsian

Some purchases are more stressful than others - I feel for you in what has clearly been a difficult transaction. I think a little bit of colour to cover the broken spike and you'll hardly notice. The baby will just be one with a natural deformity. Animals aren't perfect always! The group radiates calm. I value that as a contrast to so many resins that have a "high energy" feel.

My own experience of resin is that it can be alarmingly fragile. I once clumsily dropped a Troodon on unpacking it. It was small and very light and dropped to the heavily carpeted floor via my knee. The legs snapped right through! Mended successfully though. Unlike a small sauropod with a very slender tail tip. Too slender to stick.

Bread

What a beautiful piece! I always enjoy a model representing an animal resting. I feel as though they are the most lifelike!

Unfortunate about the breakage! I do have a few artist that could fix that up for a small price avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs if you are up for that option.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 24, 2023, 11:16:25 PMMy own experience of resin is that it can be alarmingly fragile. I once clumsily dropped a Troodon on unpacking it. It was small and very light and dropped to the heavily carpeted floor via my knee. The legs snapped right through! Mended successfully though. Unlike a small sauropod with a very slender tail tip. Too slender to stick.

Wow... Yeah it surely can. The resin on this particular piece feels fragile as well. Very different in weight and touch (if that makes sense) than other pieces I have.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Bread on May 25, 2023, 12:32:16 AMWhat a beautiful piece! I always enjoy a model representing an animal resting. I feel as though they are the most lifelike!

Unfortunate about the breakage! I do have a few artist that could fix that up for a small price avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs if you are up for that option.

Thank you! As well for the offer. May I where they are located?

Bread

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on May 25, 2023, 05:20:14 PM
Quote from: Bread on May 25, 2023, 12:32:16 AMWhat a beautiful piece! I always enjoy a model representing an animal resting. I feel as though they are the most lifelike!

Thank you! As well for the offer. May I where they are located?
Art By Anz is located in the United States.

Dinosaur_model_artworks in Spain.

Martin Garrette in United Kingdom.

I would say those 3 could do the repair/sculpt work. You would have to contact them to confirm.

Art by Anz and Dinosaur_models_artworks are from instagram.

Martin Garrette you can ask Everything Dinosaur for their contact information.

Fenestra

Sorry to hear about the breakage. I don't know how small the figure is, but as I see it, the tip point of a tooth pick could be just what you need to glue back on to make that little horn whole again. Then you only have to find some paint that matches.
Just a cheap solution of course. It won't take the pain away of the bad Ebay experience. :'(

Concavenator

That breakage sucks... In any case, good you finally got it, after that long of a wait. I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.

TooOldForDinosaurs

It finally arrived  ^-^ :

I think both color ways look great but I'm very happy either way that I chose to go with the brown one. Bilinskis Brontosaurus' arrival should be just around the corner as welll... I love me a good sauropod party  O:-)

Bread

Looks phenomenal! With the base and vegetation around it, it even looks better!

Halichoeres

It's a phenomenal Apatosaurus. I got this version too, just because I already have a lot of pretty flat-colored sauropods.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TooOldForDinosaurs

As teasered the Bilinski Brontosaurus arrived today. This model left me speechless. I still don't know how to put in words how beautiful it is. I'll try to let the pictures speak. Even if they do the model no justice.

Just WOW!

Pliosaurking

What a fantastic figure, a truly great acquisition!!

shahinos

Can you show the two cousins (or whatever they can be called!) together? =)

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: shahinos on June 16, 2023, 04:14:10 PMCan you show the two cousins (or whatever they can be called!) together? =)

Will do tomorrow :)

SidB

Splendid figure, avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs - justice is served!

ceratopsian

What a beautiful handling of the paint palette on the Bilinski model.  Congratulations!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: