News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faras

My problem with Haolonggood is the sculpt, mainly weird musculatures and skin tension. They seem to be improving though, so counting on better released in the future.

Quote from: quiversaurus on May 25, 2023, 02:52:40 AMThat being said, I wonder what the market in China (their domestic market) is like. It may very well be that the sales there are massive for PNSO products, and may probably even outperform global/regional sales figures (since China is so huge). If so then that could be a reason for their continued pricing model...

ATM Cameron was released on Weibo only (official price $45.5, discounts take it down to $38). iirc about 350pcs sold in 24h. Some (me included) are waiting for other platforms and hopefully better deals, so I expect online sales to reach 500-600pcs by 1st June.

BTW big domestic sale around 31st-3rd and 16th-18th, high chance they'll also throw some discount on AliExpress then.

Quote from: Skorpio V. on May 25, 2023, 03:50:58 AMI think the dental issue is something I feel is over-scrutinized so that the price can be further unjustified. The price is a huge issue, but the teeth are consistent with all of PNSO's theropod releases from this year. In that area, I think the problem is less of the paint and more of the sculpt, as Cameron's are far more sausage-like than the sharper silhouette Wilson's teeth give.

Aye paints on teeth seem pretty much the same, though teeth on modelling do look sharper, maybe they painted too thick. Either way price is indeed the main issue here.
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 25, 2023, 04:22:43 AMI feel like if they REALLY wanted us to rush-buy it they would had put lips. I believe that would increase sales
Not that i think one way is superior, just general trends

Zhao mentioned having difficulties with lipped jaw articulation in Cameron vid (their old lipped figures do have mouths that barely close or stay in place). From what I read, majority in Chinese forum didn't care whether a figure is lipped so long everything else are good enough.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Faras @Faras I should have clarified from a western perspective, but either way the Eastern market is the prime target.
I always been curious to know about Geographical and Geopolitical differences in paleontology and theories, and while it is not right to generalize the lip debated as such, I think most understand the general idea.

Paleo Flo

Quote from: Faelrin on May 24, 2023, 06:29:07 PMavatar_Lynx @Lynx Good point about the missing injuries. A bit strange, since the Parasaurolophus was based on the holotype specimen which was depicted with the unique pathology it suffered from.

You got a point.

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Paleo Flo

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on May 24, 2023, 07:14:19 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 24, 2023, 06:39:07 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on May 24, 2023, 06:18:27 PMI don't care about the price myself because I buy fewer figures than most of you guys here which allows me to pay more for what I really want.  However there is something to be said when you can buy the fantastic Zhuchengtyrannus on sale for $37 shipped on Amazon with prime and this new T-rex literally costs double, do the extra bulk and "sue" skull justify the 100% bump in price?  To me it's still worth the $60 I'll pay for it once it goes on sale but everyone has to answer that question for themselves.

That is my philosophy 100% it is pretty mcuh a Tyrannosaurus as much as this one. In addition, an average size Tyrannosaurus would be smaller or around the same size as most Carcharodontosaurs, so I actually think it scales even better.
Of course, I am aware the other theropods are more sparse in material and thus it is harder to determine such statistics, but a guy can dream.
Either way I am sticking with my Safari Feathered Rex.

A couple of months ago my son's godmother came down to visit us from San Fransisco for a weekend and she brought her 8 year old grandson with her, the boy had just lost his mom last fall in a tragic car accident and my son's godmother became his legal guardian.  He had a couple Schleich dinosaurs with him but my Zhuchengtyrannus was displayed on the shelf and it really caught his eye.  I let him hold it the first day they were here and they were leaving the next day.  He was absolutely mesmerized by the figure and I'd catch him starring at it on the shelf the next morning.  That afternoon when they were heading out I surprised him by giving it to him and he was over joyed :D  That smile was priceless, he was so happy with his new "T-rex" I didn't have the heart to tell him it was supposed to be something else, to him it looked like a T-rex LOL...  I turned around and got another one for $37 shipped and now my custom touched up one resides in San Francisco making a little boy happy, I get a little emotional thinking about the gift that little boy gave to me, he reminded me of how I used to enjoy these toys when I was his age, priceless!

That's a very good deed Carnotaurus. A wonderful story.

I think, when you have grown up, it is hart to maintain this sense of wonder feeling which you felt, when you saw your fist dino skeleton or hold your favorite dino toy in your hands. All adults should keep this feeling in the heart when you practice this hobby.

Antey

Del

Faras

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Hmm imho price played bigger role here than things you listed. Had Cameron been listed as $45 globally with discounts taking it down to around $30, and cost for customizing being affordable, then I believe many here might not be too bothered whether it's lipped or not. Lots in Chinese forums would prefer well made lips on BotM figures, but PNSO is excused for costing half as much.

SRF

Is it known when Cameron will be available on AliExpress?
But today, I'm just being father

Remko

Quote from: SRF on May 25, 2023, 06:50:47 AMIs it known when Cameron will be available on AliExpress?

Usually a couple of weeks after the reveal. Some shops generally have it sooner than later, with PNSO's own store mostly later. Although I personally buy all PNSO's figures now directly from their store.

Flaffy

For comparison sake and to put things into perspective, a couple of relevant figures and their respective prices:

BotM Tyrannosaurus: $74.99  (1/35 ver.)
PNSO Cameron: $74.99
PNSO Wilson: $69.99
Rebor Diplodocus: $69.99
PNSO Lingwulong: $66.99
PNSO Giganotosaurus: $59.99
Rebor Deinosuchus: $56.99
Rebor Kiss/Tusk: $54.99
HC Tyrannosaurus: $53.99

I still don't see why Cameron needed to be $75, when PNSO did the Lingwulong at $67. It's funny how Rebor's Kiss/Tusk is a larger figure, with great paint apps and that premium semi-transucent enamel-like teeth, yet is cheaper than both PNSO rexes.

Eatmycar

No way is that worth the price of the BoTM rex 1:35.That's absolutely bonkers.

Rain

Oh wow, those comparison pictures are damning. REBOR's rex looks so much more premium than PNSO's, and it's $20 cheaper! Winter Wilson also looks MUCH better.

Psst PNSO, lips would've made the cheap teeth less noticeable  :))

TheCambrianCrusader

Definitely a nice figure but that price tag and no lips...
Besides I'm not really super interested in a new rex anyways, been pretty satisfied with the 2017 safari and battat figures

SRF

Prices of models from different brands depend heavily on availability where one is located and for us Europeans in some cases the exchange rate of USD vs. Euro.

For instance back when Winter Wilson was just released I've paid € 65,- at Amazon.com. This included around € 11.- shipping costs so the model itself was more like 54 Euro for me. Getting the same model from the same store right now would cost me € 66,69 excluding shipping costs and additional 21% VAT for importing goods from outside the EU, bringing it to a total of more than 80 Euro. So now the best option for me to purchase Winter Wilson would be a Dutch website (speelboer.com) where Winter Wilson is around € 72,-.

At Speelboer.com, REBORs Kiss is sold for around € 62,- so actually a bit more expensive than what I've purchased Wilson for, but less expensive than what they charge for Wilson.

Speelboer.com also sells BOTM figures. The 1/35 T. Rex is sold here for € 90,- and this is probably the cheapest option for me to get the BOTM Rex, since I wouldn't have to pay any shipping costs if I order it from them. Still it's a safe bet that Cameron will be sold for a lower price than the BOTM T. Rex here. For how much exactly, hopefully we'll see that in a few weeks (Speelboer is normally about a month behind on releases from PNSO, which is actually fairly quick).

Seeing the comparison pictures between Cameron and the BOTM 1/35 Rex, I actually prefer Cameron. While action figures aren't my cup of tea, I do appreciate the design style of BOTM, but I like the aesthetics of PNSO more.

I don't feel REBORs Kiss and Tusk are more of a premium product than the best figures PNSO has put out. In general PNSO figures are much better engineered than REBORs Rexes. The problems with the jaw and tail gap are quite a let down for me in these figures. With each figure having different strong points, it's about a tie for me. Also, if some here agree on Cameron being the best lipless Rex on the market and thus better than REBORs Tusk, than that should mean that it's a better Rex overall than Kiss as well.

Is Cameron too expensive? Absolutely, allthough I'm willing to purchase it at AliExpress before it's available here if I can get a good deal for it. PNSO is definitely not the only company that's guilty of charging more for T. Rexes than they do for other species. Eofauna's upcoming Tyrannosaurus will probably be less expensive than REBORs Kiss/Tusk and a lot cheaper than Cameron. But it will probably also be significantly more expensive than their Giganotosaurus and Diplodocus I think, especially with the work and amount of time they are putting into it.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Which figure next you will all love to see? I would like to see a Daspletosaurus wilsoni and a Saurophaganax.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on May 26, 2023, 09:22:55 AMWhich figure next you will all love to see? I would like to see a Daspletosaurus wilsoni and a Saurophaganax.

if the t rex kicks off a wave of tyrannosaurs similar to charcharos, i wanna see Gorgosaurus and daspletosaurus.

otherwise theropods : megalosaurus, dilophosaurus, ceratosaurus
nontheropods: basicly any ceratopsian or hadrosaur
others: Qutzalcoatlus PLEASE

TheImmortalEye

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005005601240208.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.20524ae4A6b5uH&mp=1&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu

Cameron is now on aliexpress, also reminder multiple sales await in june, best to wait a few more weeks and grab it there if they put it on sale.

SRF

Thanks for the heads up avatar_TheImmortalEye @TheImmortalEye. With the additional VAT, Cameron would cost me a whopping € 86,57 if I would order him right now. That is indeed too much.

I do get a notice that in 12 hours from now, a coupon with a 10% discount applies to my purchase. Also there's a store coupon that gives 19 euros (probably 20 USD?) store credit that applies on purchases larger than € 190 (or probably 200 USD). I haven't purchased any PNSO figures for a while now (the last ones being the Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus) so maybe I'll just pick up two or three figures more to reach that amount. The coupon promotion ends June 19th, so probably before PNSO releases another new figure.

Paleo Flo

Bad times for the wallet

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: SRF on May 26, 2023, 10:43:27 AMThanks for the heads up avatar_TheImmortalEye @TheImmortalEye. With the additional VAT, Cameron would cost me a whopping € 86,57 if I would order him right now. That is indeed too much.

I do get a notice that in 12 hours from now, a coupon with a 10% discount applies to my purchase. Also there's a store coupon that gives 19 euros (probably 20 USD?) store credit that applies on purchases larger than € 190 (or probably 200 USD). I haven't purchased any PNSO figures for a while now (the last ones being the Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus) so maybe I'll just pick up two or three figures more to reach that amount. The coupon promotion ends June 19th, so probably before PNSO releases another new figure.

mate neighbour from germany here, just wait a tiny bit, june has multiple dates for aliexpress sales ( choice on 1st june, 19th june sale and 27 supersummersale) hell prob be 15 percent off then plus 2 dollars each 20 aka around 60, if not buy it normally after a bit. i wait too as patiently as i can.

Concavenator

Quote from: Faras on May 25, 2023, 05:06:27 AMZhao mentioned having difficulties with lipped jaw articulation in Cameron vid

Well, I hope that means they're at least trying to implement lips. I still think late is better than never.

You make a good point about the price though. If some people are using the Zhuchengtyrannus as a Tyrannosaurus because it's noticeably cheaper, if the Tyrannosaurus was the same price or close to it, it's logical to assume it would sell a lot more. Clearly I think this new Tyrannosaurus is overpriced, but I think it's mainly due to the fact of it being a ML release. Looks like PNSO categorizes pricing based on series and size. While overpriced, I still think this Tyrannosaurus' price is more fair than the Tsintaosaurus, which to this date still strikes me as the worst offender in this aspect by far.

When it comes to Haolongood, yeah I was referring exclusively to paint app. I also agree with PNSO being currently superior to Haolongood when it comes to anatomy (that includes accuracy too). But I still think they do a solid job nonetheless, just not perfect.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: