News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

Went to the dentist this morning and on the way back I made a stop...

Rain

You should've taken him with you, with a grin like that.

MLMjp

Quote from: Rain on May 22, 2023, 05:33:42 PMYou should've taken him with you, with a grin like that.
Unfortunately I picked it up after the dentist appointment...Oh wait, I have another one on Friday so...

Roselaar

New Indominus Rex is in!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Scored this absolute gem for a steal price on a local "auction site" (similar to ebay). It's a copy of "The World Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Creatures" (hardcover) by Dougal Dixon from 2007. It feels and smells almost brand new. The countless illustrations and drawings are beyond gorgeous and I will loo forward to immerse myself into this reading and using it as an inspiration source for new sculpting-projects.

I will post more pictures in my collection thread - I can't post pictures of all the drawings unfortunately. The book counts over 500 pages.

AcroSauroTaurus

A couple of new additions.
PNSO Cretoxyrhina

PNSO Torosaurus
I am the Dinosaur King!

SidB

After having spent a week in limbo, who knows where, a bashed-up package was handed to me by the local postal delivery person, rather sheepishly I must say, and this turned out to be my missing Haolonggood Pentaceratops from Lana. Who can say where it had been, but at the end of the day, all's well as ends well from my perspective. Here it is, with some associates -

With the Papo and Schleich Pentaceratops

It sure is a big bruiser

Flaffy

Congrats on finally getting the Pentaceratops! Was surprised by the heft as well, especially when compared to the papo figure.

Pliosaurking

Congratulations S @SidB  I too recently acquired that Pentaceratops. It's definitely worth the wait!

SidB

Quote from: Pliosaurking on May 31, 2023, 01:25:31 AMCongratulations S @SidB  I too recently acquired that Pentaceratops. It's definitely worth the wait!
I wasn't planning to get the orange/yellow one avatar_Pliosaurking @Pliosaurking , but when I thought that this darker one, my first choice, was probably lost, I ordered the other from Dans. So now I may end up with a pair, like the Nasutosaurus duo and the Eofauna trikes. Great fun!

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on May 31, 2023, 01:23:31 AMCongrats on finally getting the Pentaceratops! Was surprised by the heft as well, especially when compared to the papo figure.
Indeed! It compares with Doyle 1 in size and weight. It's fabulous to get these great ceratopsians from PNSO and Haolonggood, now that Safari seems to have stopped making them. I think that I'll keep the Papo Penta around too, rather than retiring it to the box of retired Papos.

Concavenator

S @SidB Oh so you finally got the Penta after all! Congrats!

avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs Nice score! I have that book too, and it's great, even if it's now a bit outdated. Some illustrations hold up even today though.

Fembrogon

I'm glad to hear your Penta made it home, S @SidB! It does look like a wonderful figure.

I have a copy of that book as well, avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs (albeit in storage). It's actually quite excellent, isn't it? A terrific catalog of prehistoric genera.

I had some new items of my own arrive yesterday, courtesy of avatar_brettnj @brettnj: the Kaiyodo/Royal Ontario dinosaur set, all complete minifgures. Zuul and Maip are the highlights, of course, but they're all lovely. I'll post the other items over at the ATF for relevancy.

Halichoeres

avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs I have that book too, some real superstar artists are featured, like Julius Csotonyi. Mine has a red cover, though!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Brought by the postman yesterday - second attempt as I wasn't here the day before and it was too massive to fit in my mailbox.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 03, 2023, 07:41:47 AMBrought by the postman yesterday - second attempt as I wasn't here the day before and it was too massive to fit in my mailbox.

Aah I can't wait for mine! This looks gorgeous.

ceratopsian

It is even more beautiful in hand. The paintwork is phenomenal. I don't think you will be disappointed avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs!

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on June 03, 2023, 09:48:17 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on June 03, 2023, 07:41:47 AMBrought by the postman yesterday - second attempt as I wasn't here the day before and it was too massive to fit in my mailbox.

Aah I can't wait for mine! This looks gorgeous.

postsaurischian

SidB

Very impressive, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian . Mine is scheduled to arrive Wednesday by post - I'm hoping to avoid another postal fiasco.

postsaurischian

Apatosaurus day!
 About half an hour after I had read your post and commented "Excellent", the postman rang and brought me mine ;D .
 What an awesome heavy figure. That's it! That's Dinosaur Toy Figure making at its best. All hail HAOLONG(very)GOOD!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: