News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TNG Prehistoric Figures (Unending Tedium)

Started by Loon, January 28, 2023, 03:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

avatar_TheImmortalEye @TheImmortalEye Yutyrannus is a tyrannosauroid, with three near complete specimens. Where has it been suggested to be dubious or anything other then a tyrannosauroid?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ceratopsian

Indeed, Yutyrannus has always been recovered as a tyrannosauroid, to the best of my knowledge.  There was some discussion at the time the TNG Cryolophosaurus was released/pre-advertised as to whether or not, and to what extent, it copied the PNSO Yutyrannus.  Is that what you are thinking of, avatar_TheImmortalEye @TheImmortalEye?

stargatedalek

Also, no matter what Yutyrannus was, we have incredibly well preserved remains from it. Little about it is dubious in any meaningful extent.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Faelrin on May 08, 2023, 11:23:00 PMavatar_TheImmortalEye @TheImmortalEye Yutyrannus is a tyrannosauroid, with three near complete specimens. Where has it been suggested to be dubious or anything other then a tyrannosauroid?

Im no expert in it but dinosdragons mentioned that Theres discussion about it
Bring a basal allosauroid than a Tyrannosauroid. Smth about that Just irrationally Turns me away from it i guess😅

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 09, 2023, 07:03:09 AMAlso, no matter what Yutyrannus was, we have incredibly well preserved remains from it. Little about it is dubious in any meaningful extent.

Sorry Englisch ist my First languange , i Just meant the fact that ITS discussed weither ITS allosauroid or a tyrannosaur.
It IS true we have good remains better than most ( cough GIGA)

Bread

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 09, 2023, 08:13:48 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on May 09, 2023, 07:03:09 AMAlso, no matter what Yutyrannus was, we have incredibly well preserved remains from it. Little about it is dubious in any meaningful extent.

Sorry Englisch ist my First languange , i Just meant the fact that ITS discussed weither ITS allosauroid or a tyrannosaur.
It IS true we have good remains better than most ( cough GIGA)
It is under the Proceratosauridae family. A split group within the Tyrannosaur super-family. It's complicated...

Sim

I've seen some opinions shared about how Yutyrannus could be an allosauroid, but it's important to know that no phylogenetic analysis has ever found Yutyrannus outside of Tyrannosauroidea.  Due to the good remains of Yutyrannus, allosauroids and tyrannosauroids, it's unlikely Yutyrannus isn't a tyrannosauroid.

Concavenator

Quote from: Bread on May 09, 2023, 02:58:18 PMIt is under the Proceratosauridae family.

Naish & Cau (2022) placed Yutyrannus outside of Proceratosauridae.

In any case, it's always been considered to be a tyrannosauroid and that's still the case. The consideration of Yutyrannus being a potential allosauroid is just an opinion that lacks scientific support, as avatar_Sim @Sim said.

CARN0TAURUS

Is there a reason this thread isn't included under the Dino lines for 2023 batch?  I'm glad I did a search before posting a new thread asking questions about this Company.   Sounds likes it from reading this thread that most people feel that their toys are based on other toys but still 100% original sculpts in their own right. 

So wouldn't it make sense to include them in the Toy line section as opposed to forcing members to do searches to find information on their products?

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 05, 2023, 07:26:03 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 05, 2023, 03:00:41 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 04, 2023, 07:32:09 PM
Quote from: Renecito on February 04, 2023, 04:45:46 PMAnd I don't know where A @Andysdinosaurreviews got that information from but it would be nice if he could prove that it comes from a reliable source otherwise it sounds more like mere speculation to me (..)

..probably from the same source who sent free samples to be positively reviewed..  ;)
Sir, I don't want to be rude, but your comment is a prime example of the double standard between DTB reviewers and YT reviewers. I am sure this probably won't have been said of the reviewers at the DTB. If there is one thing anyone should recognize about A @Andysdinosaurreviews , is that he is hardworking and dedicated to both this hobby and his life in general. Just because he is usually positive and not a constant nitpicky kill-joy does not reduce his merit. He is a honest man. Sure he does do sponsors, but that is everynow and then, and he invariably tries to make sure his sponsors are ethical(look at the whole thing with Edel collectibles) Maybe you are joking, and I apologize sincerely for that, but as of recent, many things that look like jokes are for real.

DTB and Youtube are totally different things.
DTB is a free channel for collectors.
Youtube is not.
When a Youtube channel reach a certain number of followers, a Youtuber can contact Youtube for a Partnership Program with AdSense.
From now on, the channel owner will be paid for every view on the channel by Adsense.
More traffic on the channel means more money.
It's a job.
That's why there are so many reviewers (about everything) on Youtube.
If a Youtube channel does not have enough followers yet, for sure the goal is to reach the number by channel' traffic and views.
And even without a Partnership Program, sponsors are crucial for Youtubers.
For example, it's quite common that a Youtuber can review an item even before its official release on the market ( = more views )
Usually a review before the official release on the market means that there is a sponsor behind.
More (happy) sponsors = more items = more visualizations etc etc..
So, please, let's be realistic.
Kind Regards.

p.s. On LanatimeShop I don't see TNG items anymore. They removed the brand. Curious..

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420  : with, at least, one new review per day, do you really believe that no sponsors are involved ?  To have a sponsor is not a crime but I'd appreciate a claim saying something like "free item by (whatever) sponsor", just for transparency..

A @Andysdinosaurreviews  : When I was a child, I believed that Santa Claus was real; now I think differently.

So you never use Andy's archive to do research on toys?  If you don't you are a major exception.  As far as I'm concerned Andy doesn't even have to talk on his videos to make the huge contribution that he does.  Just the sheer number of videos.  He's creating a huge video catalogue so that we can decide for ourselves is already reason enough for me to love his work and appreciate his contributions.  you want to insult by insinuating he can be bought with a handful of toys is beyond cynical and frankly disgusting to me.  Andy is a positive person who chooses to look at the positive side of these toys.  He gains nothing by being overly critical and throwing all the people involved in making these toys under the bus.  If anything it makes him approachable and inviting to many.  You also imply he is basically an advertiser, so he's in it for the money?  And if he's an advertiser why does everyone get a positive review?  shouldn't he be bashing the toys of companies that don't pay him?  Wait, so which is it?  Is he a person that can be bought for a handful of toys or is he someone you think is in it for the money, LOL!  I don't think you really sat down and really really thought about what you were saying from post to post.  BTW, you are one of my favorite contributors on this forum but this illogical contradictory and ugly attack on Andy is ugly and really unnecessary.  I felt I had to say something.  The ugliness in your comments reek of some kind of absurd jealousy to me.  I like Andy and so do thousands of other Dinosaur toy afficionados.  I am grateful to him for making all those videos for all of those toys so all of us can watch the videos and make up our own minds. 

Andy, please keep doing what you are doing.  I'm sure I'm not alone when I say this, your reviews are incredibly informative and helpful :)   

postsaurischian

RobinGoodfellow has already been frozen out of this forum months ago. (Unfortunately) he's not active anymore.
 No reason to kick up a shindy again and to put the boot in!

SidB

It's best, I'd think, not to revisit the unfortunate aspects of this thread again, but to let the past be the past. We all say things that later on we will and do regret, so nothing worth dwelling upon, IMO. I greatly admire and appreciate avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow 's immense contribution to the Forum, and on the other hand, like Andy's good-humored and enthusiastic celebration of the dino collecting hobby.

I really don't think that Robingoodfellow has been "frozen out", though it would be perfectly natural for him , possibly, to feel that way. I don't see any substantive evidence that there is or was a concerted move on the part of members to achieve this end. I think that there is a terrific reservoir of good will and gratitude towards him, and would encourage him to resume his activities here at any time. I'm sure the overwhelming majority of DTF folk feel the same way. Really, the only way to be frozen out is to be banned or permabanned, and that dynamic does not apply here, obviously.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 02, 2023, 08:53:48 AMRobinGoodfellow has already been frozen out of this forum months ago. (Unfortunately) he's not active anymore.
 No reason to kick up a shindy again and to put the boot in!

Read post #210, that's the reason why I posted on this thread.  TNG has released a significant amount of figures for this year.  I'm just wondering why a thread keeping track of their releases wasn't added to the "Toy Line" section.  I take long breaks from posting on here at times because of disagreeable things that crop up on this forum that I'd rather not participate in.  Like I said in the post that you quoted Robingoodfellow has been one of my favorite contributors to this forum for years.  Yeah I was late to the thread and yeah I normally stay out of unpleasant things but Andy?  I mean Andy's the last person I would think anyone would be inclined to insult on here.  It was shocking enough to read those comments and I felt I needed to say something.  I might've been disappointed with RGF's posts but I remain a fan of both robingoodfellow and Andy.  BTW, since I don't post on here every day and I do my best to stay out of the politics of the forum, I had no idea about robingoodfellow's standing in the community of late.  So if I was unaware that he has been "frozen out" as you stated there is no shindy or any other motive other than I was shocked to read his attacks on Andy. 

That's it, I won't comment on this matter further.  I don't get involved in 99.99% of these types of conversations because like Andy, I like to keep things positive too.  I certainly hope that robingoodfellow hasn't been banned, his photography, knowledge of photography of miniatures, and his extensive knowledge of figures is one of my favorite things about this forum.  He like Andy is an important contributor to this community.  Just because I took exception to what he said about Andy that doesn't mean I have an axe to grind with RGF and I certainly hope that Andy and others on here can forgive and forget and move on from this.

My question still stands tho...with so many on here not only purchasing TNG products but also agreeing that the company hasn't blatantly bootlegged other peoples molds.  Why have they not been added to the Toy Line section so that their products are easier to find and read up about?

SidB

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on June 02, 2023, 01:08:40 AMIs there a reason this thread isn't included under the Dino lines for 2023 batch?  I'm glad I did a search before posting a new thread asking questions about this Company.   Sounds likes it from reading this thread that most people feel that their toys are based on other toys but still 100% original sculpts in their own right. 

So wouldn't it make sense to include them in the Toy line section as opposed to forcing members to do searches to find information on their products?
Makes sense to me. The thread has certainly positively moved beyond its original scope, IMO, and the product line needs this treatment at some point, probably sooner than later. Actually, this existing thread was the SECOND time the TNG subject matter was tackled. The original was pulled by its initiator after strong criticism by a couple of members expressing their disapproval of its content (which they had the right to do).

RobinGoodfellow

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian  : Thank you very much.

Actually my idea was to simply remain quiet.

Anyway this thread was very helpful to me to open up my eyes.
For years I have been so naive to share high quality pictures and video for free.
Maybe I should start a Youtube channel and get an adsense partnership (  https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/72851?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid  ).
Unfortunately I have no time for that (maybe in the future).
So I'll continue to silently follow DTF from time to time.

All the best.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on June 04, 2023, 09:25:29 AMavatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian  : Thank you very much.

Actually my idea was to simply remain quiet.

Anyway this thread was very helpful to me to open up my eyes.
For years I have been so naive to share high quality pictures and video for free.
Maybe I should start a Youtube channel and get an adsense partnership (  https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/72851?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid  ).
Unfortunately I have no time for that (maybe in the future).
So I'll continue to silently follow DTF from time to time.

All the best.

That's a fantastic idea!  You start the channel and I will subscribe to it in a heartbeat.  Hopefully then you'll understand and better appreciate the commitment someone like Andy makes.  It takes time, talent, and passion to be a strong dependable youtuber.  If you put a fraction of the passion and commitment that you've put into this forum I'm sure your channel will be a massive success!

Faelrin

So looks like there might be some new TNG models on the way? Not sure. There was a brochure at the end of this video A @Andysdinosaurreviews did showing some models I haven't seen images on before (and didn't seem to find any listings for either).

I noticed the bulk of the TNG models sold on Aliexpress seem to be on sale now. Not sure if they are being discontinued or what, as most of the models I did a search on seem to be sold out and discontinued (like the Carnotaurus).

In any case for prosperity's sake, I saved as many images for the figures I could find. Codes and sizes were obtained from the above video's brochure thing, and I had to full screen the video, take many screen shots, and zoom in to see what they were.

Here's a near complete list, at least of what I'm aware of so far (with images when applicable):

Extant:

Spoiler
Lion (model number: T14001?; size: 33.5x9x17.5cm?)
Bengal Tiger (model number: T14002?; size: 35x8.5x14.5cm?)
Bengal White Tiger (model number: T14002B?; size: 35x8.5x14.5cm?)
African Elephant (model number: T14003?; size: 33.5x16x17cm)
Hippo (model number: T14004; size: 26.5x8.5x12cm)
Rhinoceros (model number: T14005; size: 28.5x9x13cm):

Rhinoceros (model number: T14005B; size: 28.5x9x13cm):

Gorilla (model number: T14006; size: 19x14.5x19cm):

Gorilla (albino; model number: T14006B; size: 19x14.5x19cm):

Brown Bear (model number: T14007; size: 14x11.5x26cm):

Honey Badger (model number: T14008; size: 31.5x10x12.5cm):

Cow (model number: T14009; size: 26x9x19cm):

Brown Horse (model number: T14010; size: 28.5x10x21cm):

Black Horse (model number: T14010B; size: 28.5x10x21cm):

Bulldog (model number: T14011; size: 24x11x15cm):

Bulldog (model number: T14011B; size: 24x11x15cm):

Rooster (model number: T14012; size: 18.5x11.5x25cm):

Rooster (model number: T14012B; size: 18.5x11.5x25cm):

Nile Crocodile (model number: T14013; size: 42x17x11cm):

Panda (model number: T14014; size: 24.5x11x11.5cm):

Pig (model number: T14015; size: 25x9.5x12cm):

Papillon/Butterfly Dog (model number: T14016; size: 22.5x8.5x19cm):

Chihuahua (model number: T14017; size: 24x9x17.5cm):

Kerry Blue Terrier (model number: T14018; size: 25x10x18cm):

Poodle (model number: T14019; size: 19x10x21cm):

Northwestern Wolf (model number: T14020?; size: 36x11.5x?cm)
Dachshund (model number: T14021; size: 28x9x15cm):

Baboon (mandrill; model number: T14023; size: 24x9.5x19.5cm):

Baboon (mandrill; model number: T14023B; size: 24x9.5x19.5cm):

Chimpanzee (model number: T14024; size: 30.3x27x8.7cm)
Great White Shark (model number: T16001; 34x17x11cm):

Dorado (sailfish; model number: T16002; size: 43x7x15.5cm):

Dorado (sailfish; model number: T16002B; size: 43x7x15.5cm):

Obscure Pufferfish (model number: T16003; size: 18.5x11.5x10.5cm):

Hermit Crab (model number: T16004; size: 19x20.5x10.5cm):

Hermit Crab (model number: T16004B; size: 19x20.5x10.5cm):

Orca/Killer Whale (model number: T16005; size: 33.5x12.2x12cm):

Spider (model number: T18001; size: 21x35x12cm):

Mantis (model number: T18002; size: 33x18x21.5cm):

Rhinoceros Beetle (model number: T18003; size: 28.5x21x8.5cm):

Longhorn Beetle (model number: T18004; size: 28.5x13x32cm):

Longhorn Beetle (model number: T18004B; size: 28.5x13x32cm):

[close]
Prehistoric/Extinct:

Spoiler
Mammuthus (model number: T4001; size: 19.5x7.5x11.5cm):

Smilodon (model number: T4002; size: 10.5x4.5x8cm):

Stegodon (model number: T4003; size: 25.5x7x11cm):

Megacerops (model number: T4004; size: 12.5x4.5x9cm):

Elasmotherium (model number: T4005; size: 15x5x13cm):

Tyrannosaurus rex (model number: T5001; 26.5x9x15cm):

Carnotaurus (model number: T5002; size: 21x6x9.5cm):

Spinosaurus (model number: T5003; size: 31.5x5x12cm):

Giganotosaurus (model number: T5004; size: 31x6x14cm):

Velociraptor (model number: T5005; size: 18x5x11.5cm):

Allosaurus (model number: T5006; size: 25.5x5x13.5cm)
Spinosaurus (model number: T5007; size: 36.5x9x15.5cm):

Triceratops (model number: T5008; size: 24.5x5.5x10.5cm):

Cryolophosaurus (model number: T5009; size: 18.5x5x11.5cm):

Ankylosaurus (model number: T5010; size: 24.5x9.5x7cm):

Quetzalcoatlus (model number: T5011; size: 13x12.5x21cm):

Quetzalcoatlus (model number: T5011B; size: 13x12.5x21cm):

Velociraptor (quilled; model number: T5012; size: 32x8x17cm):

Plesiosaurus (model number: T5013; size: 25x11x9cm):

Oviraptor (model number: T5014; size: 13.5x5x11cm):

Parasaurolophus (model number: T5017; size: 19x6x15cm):

Stegosaurus (model number: T15001; size: 37.5x11x18.5cm):

Stegosaurus (model number: T15001B; size: 37.5x11x18.5cm):

Triceratops (Torosaurus?; model number: T15002; size: 38.5x11x15.5cm):

Parasaurolophus (model number: T15003; size: 41.5x12x15.5cm):

Parasaurolophus (model number: T15003B; size: 41.5x12x15.5cm):

Saichania (Sauropelta?; model number: T15004; size: 36x11x11.5cm):

Brachiosaurus (model number: T15005; size: 38x10x31cm):

Velociraptor (model number: T15007; size: 39.5x11x17.5cm):

Tyrannosaurus (model number: T15009; size: 42x12.5x17cm):

Edaphosaurus (Spinosaurus; model number: T15010; size: 47x15.5x17cm):

Walking Tyrannosaurus (model number: T15011; size: 47x14x22.5cm):

Walking Tyrannosaurus (model number: T15011B; size: 47x14x22.5cm):

Torosaurus (Carnotaurus; model number: T15012; size: 38.5x15.5x15.5cm):

Dilophosaurus (model number: T15014; size: 42.5x17x21.5cm):

Pteranodon (model number: T15015; size: 37.5x11x22cm):

Tyrannosaurus (model number: T15016; size: 100x29x38cm):

Velociraptor Egg (model number: T15017; size: 9x8.5x11.5cm)
Tyrannosaurus rex Egg (model number: T15018; size: 9x8.5x11.5cm)
Stegosaurus Egg (model number: T15020; size: 12x9x7.5cm)
Tyrannosaurus baby (model number: T15022; size: 15x7x16cm)
Microraptor (Anchiornis?; model number: T15023; size: 37x32x24.5cm):

Microraptor (Anchiornis?; model number: T15023B; size: 37x32x24.5cm):

Kronosaurus (model number: T15024; size: 22.5x6.5x42cm):

[close]
Fantasy:

Spoiler
Chimp (based on Kong from 2021 Godzilla vs Kong; model number: T4006):

Mermaid (model number: T17001; size: 31x17x16cm):

Mermaid (model number: T17001B; size: 31x17x16cm):

[close]
Codes appear to be missing for T5015, T5016, T15006, T15008, T15013, T15016 (another Tyrannosaurus), T15019, and T15021, though I didn't check to see if any of the figures on the brochure in Andy's video were from extant animals. I'll check later or tomorrow. I've worked on this long enough for now. Edit 9/13/23: See above list, or below edits.

If anything is incorrect please let me know, so I can get the above corrected. If there's images for any of the ones missing above (with retail links) please send them to me.

Edit 7/29/23: Added in pics of Plesiosaurus T5013, and Triceratops T5008 that I managed to come across today.
Edit 2: Managed to find and add Oviraptor T5014, and Ankylosaurus T5010 as well.
Edit 3 9/13/23: Added in images for most of the ones missing them now that I found a website with them. It also had color variants for the Stegosaurus, Microraptor, Parasaurolophus, and the Walking Tyrannosaurus. Still need pics for the Allosaurus, and the babies (eggs, and T. rex baby). I plan to add in the extant animal and a couple fantasy models I've found as well, since it may be useful for folks. Added Kronosaurus T15024 as well.
Edit 4: Got some of the extant animals added now. Need to get something to eat, and then I'll get the rest (that I'm aware of) finished.
Edit 5: Finished adding stuff for now. Missing code T14022 for extant animals, and some images for a few of those. You can see those from the above video with the product brochure thing.
Edit 6: Added some images of the boxes, at least for a few of the figures that I've managed to find.
Edit 7 9/23/23: Added a new color variant of the Quetzalcoatlus.
Edit 8 5/20/24: Any future updates will be in this thread: https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=11011.0
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: