News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bread’s Newly Acquired Customs

Started by Bread, August 29, 2022, 05:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Besides the numerous Haolonggood acquisitions I've acquired these last few weeks, I've had a few repaints being made up.

As some of you have seen in my previous post(s), an artist through instagram by the name of Art by Anz has repainted numerous models for me. I really like her attention for detail and paint application amongst the models I have had her paint up for me. Definitely going to have her do some more for me in the future.

Let's start off with the smallest, but definitely not the lesser of the two.

PNSO's Stegosaurus, inspired by Julio Lacerda with a more realistic approach

Definitely a stunning piece. One I am truly glad I acquired. I honestly prefer this Stegosaurus over the Museum Line version. I feel as though the posture is also just a lot more casual.

Scoot over Barney, purple can indeed work on prehistoric animals!
Behold, PNSO's Torosaurus!

The frill being the real eye catcher for me.

Not the best photo of the back. It actually pops really well in person. Certainly an eye catcher.

Now, as seen in the photos, I did acquire GR Toys/Haolonggood's Therizinosaurus base. Not sure if they were just Haolonggood at the type or both, but their base was available sold separate from their Therizinosaurus so I had to pick it up. Truly a shelf pleaser!

That's all for now, some more models to present in the future.

Paleo Flo

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Bread

Pliosaurking

ceratopsian

The Stegosaurus repaint is very unusual and distinctive.

Bread

Quote from: Pliosaurking on May 25, 2023, 02:19:32 PMBeautiful acquisitions!
Thank you!
Quote from: ceratopsian on May 25, 2023, 05:41:56 PMThe Stegosaurus repaint is very unusual and distinctive.
Yes! I'm glad for the more realistic approach as I don't think the color pallet from the artwork and the application itself is even plausible.

To me, it is just appealing and eye catcher amongst the others.

Concavenator

Those repaints, just WOW!  :o

TooOldForDinosaurs

Wow! Lovely repaints. :)

SidB

I find that it is remarkable what she has done with Bieber, avatar_Bread @Bread - replacing the original gaudy billboard-type colors with a more conservative palette, yet coming up with something that, to me, is eye-catching, dynamic and believable.

Halichoeres

They both look good, but the Torosaurus stands out. Beautiful work there. As it happens, I recently got a commission from her too, which I'll post at some point.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Thank you everyone! I'm glad to hear not only the positive feedback but also the pleasure to see others having work done by these artists who complete these gems in my collection. They're amazing at what they do and I can spend hours at a time looking at all their work :))

Here is a sneak peek at an artist's work who is new to me. Dinocomissions is the instagram user who has done quite a bit of work on Ancient Era Artistry as well as some museum commissions local to him. Having him do one of Dinosauria Creatures models. It's not yet done but it is quite amazing what it looks like so far. Enjoy :)

Stegotyranno420

He is a well-made figurine. I dont wish to spoil the mood, however, but he looks like he is very disappointed, especially with the shape of the bosses and lips  :D

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 28, 2023, 07:23:17 PMHe is a well-made figurine. I dont wish to spoil the mood, however, but he looks like he is very disappointed, especially with the shape of the bosses and lips  :D
Probably from the hard life this animal has lived through. Maybe it is the absence of her child :o

Stay tuned... :)

TooOldForDinosaurs

Ooh I've been following the progress on this one on Instagram. Good to know, I'll be seeing more of it.  ;)

Bread

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on May 29, 2023, 07:48:01 AMOoh I've been following the progress on this one on Instagram. Good to know, I'll be seeing more of it.  ;)
Indeed! It is still going to be a bit before this beauty is even done.

If you're interested in this model, here is the link:
https://dinosauriacreatures.com/en-us/collections/cretacico/products/tyrannosaurus-rex-5?variant=44424545370380

KeU

Great streak of customs you have.
The little purple Toro baby Dabei was the highlight for me.
Not discounting the work done on Aubrey.
The purple touches and gray streak were excellent touches.

Bread

Quote from: KeU on June 04, 2023, 08:58:46 PMGreat streak of customs you have.
The little purple Toro baby Dabei was the highlight for me.
Not discounting the work done on Aubrey.
The purple touches and gray streak were excellent touches.
Thank you!
For a while, I was looking into repainting PNSO's Torosaurus. Near perfect model but bland in colorscheme (imo). The pop in colors was well needed, and even the juvenile Torosaurus looks exceptionally good with the additions.

Thank you everyone for positive feedback.
I recently had to restart my collection back in December due to some unfortunate circumstances, but right now all is well and my collecting habits have resumed. Tomorrow I will be posting the finalized model of the Tyrannosaurus I revealed a sneak peek of a few post back.

Bread

I've been on the prowl for a good Tyrannosaurus centerpiece model for a while now. After going through the forum and instagram, I finally found a 3D printing shop with a well modeled 1/35 scale Tyrannosaurus. Had the calm look along with a fierce presence!

3D Model made by Nikola Roglic, 3D printed and shop by Dinosauria Creatures

Build & Paint Up by Dinocomissions over on instagram. I can't recommend him enough to do work. Very easy to work with and provides additional details that are highly appreciative. The ferns and swamp-like tree stump is my favorite ;D

Fleshy >:D

The posture of the juvenile Tyrannosaurus resembles itself looking up to the parent.

These details are impressive.

These photos were taken by Dinocomissions.

I'll post my in hand photos once the model arrives. I have more buildups+paintups by him coming along.

ceratopsian

Dinocommissions has done an excellent job.

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 06, 2023, 09:04:07 AMDinocommissions has done an excellent job.
Yes he has! It is an interesting color pallet applied. Very complex but yet most certainly plausible. I think it is great to have an artist choose the colorscheme.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: