News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Wild Past: New for 2023

Started by GojiraGuy1954, January 13, 2023, 05:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

I am glad everyone is enjoying this guy, bht personally the paint looks to thick and sloppy :/
Still awesome to see a new scutosaurus.
The majungasaurus seems to be better.

ItsTwentyBelow

Awesome to see the finished Scutosaurus & Kotlassia! Do we know what species they represent? What species is the Safari Scutosaurus figure, if anyone knows?

Excited to add these to my Tethyshadros pair. When are the new figures supposed to be available? I'm going with Everything Dinosaur for my order again because the price was not bad and I love the ED fact sheets they include in the package.

Flaffy

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on February 05, 2023, 04:14:16 PMAwesome to see the finished Scutosaurus & Kotlassia! Do we know what species they represent? What species is the Safari Scutosaurus figure, if anyone knows?

Excited to add these to my Tethyshadros pair. When are the new figures supposed to be available? I'm going with Everything Dinosaur for my order again because the price was not bad and I love the ED fact sheets they include in the package.

To my knowledge there's only a single species within the genus Scutosaurus. A couple got lumped back into S. karpinskii a while ago.

ItsTwentyBelow

Quote from: Flaffy on February 05, 2023, 06:25:48 PM
Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on February 05, 2023, 04:14:16 PMAwesome to see the finished Scutosaurus & Kotlassia! Do we know what species they represent? What species is the Safari Scutosaurus figure, if anyone knows?

To my knowledge there's only a single species within the genus Scutosaurus. A couple got lumped back into S. karpinskii a while ago.

Aha, well that keeps it simple! I don't really study pareiasaurs, but if ancient human cultures had hunted them I might have more reason to.

DinoToyCollector

Hi,
I wanted to inform all of you, that the Scutosaurus and Majungasaurus are coming along nicely. It takes a while as they are all hand painted by one person but it will be worth it.

The current state is:
Scutosaurus 80% finished
Kotlassia 40% finished
Majungasaurus 15% finished

For customers in EU it may be interesting that I am planning on selling some items through our own web shop besides the other known retailers. This could save you money.

Also I want to tell you we are going to start a Kickstarter campaign. One main reason for the production taking so long is our financial background. I still use my private income for making this line and this may be a good way to support a figure from the start without making some cuts here and there. I want to open a new thread on this topic. The models are already made (1 missing) - so if anyone has some good advise or suggestions on how to make this happen and what you would like to get from the campaign, I'd be very happy :)

Concavenator

Hey avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector , I have some questions:

What will the Kickstarter campaign aim to fund? Not sure if I understood correctly, do you mean that it will intend to fund those 3 figures (Majungasaurus, Scutosaurus and Kotlassia)?

When you say 1 model is missing, is that the Majungasaurus? I recall that teaser from earlier this year and the figure, from what we could tell, looked complete already. But we haven't fully seen it yet.

As to what we would like to get from the Kickstarter campaign, it would be awesome news if it could fund the production of that Plateosaurus model you showed us some time ago. A good figure of this dinosaur is so overdue, and your model looked brilliant.

Also, great news that you will be selling more products through your site, are you referring to the PVC main line? That would come handy indeed for us EU buyers.  :)

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Concavenator on March 22, 2023, 12:12:09 PMHey avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector , I have some questions:

What will the Kickstarter campaign aim to fund? Not sure if I understood correctly, do you mean that it will intend to fund those 3 figures (Majungasaurus, Scutosaurus and Kotlassia)?

The Kickstarter is aimed at a next wave of figures. The Scutosaurus, Kotlassia and Majungasaurus are not in danger or meant to be crowd funded :)

Quote from: Concavenator on March 22, 2023, 12:12:09 PMAs to what we would like to get from the Kickstarter campaign, it would be awesome news if it could fund the production of that Plateosaurus model you showed us some time ago. A good figure of this dinosaur is so overdue, and your model looked brilliant.

The missing model is from the next line of PVC figures. We have 7 sets containing 9 animals. And yes, I will conirm Plateosaurus as one of the figures. I have a teaser image ready I want to share in the other topic :)

ceratopsian

I would be interested in crowdfunding.  Especially for a Plateosaurus!

SidB

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 22, 2023, 01:02:39 PMI would be interested in crowdfunding.  Especially for a Plateosaurus!
For me, especially because of the nostalgia factor (Plateosaurus was my very first dino, straight from a box of Kelloggs corn flakes), it would be that one too.

Concavenator

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector are the Majungasaurus and the Scutosaurus still coming out this year (and therefore, the Kickstarter campaign for the other new figures, too, as you mentioned)?

Concavenator

At long last, Majungasaurus is here!

Plus a comparison with previous Wild Past figures: https://www.wildpast-studio.de/

Not sure about the release date. Any info on that avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector ?

P.S. What a year for Majungasaurus, considering its appearance on Prehistoric Planet 2 and now both Wild Past and Safari figures!

Thialfi

It looks fantastic, can't wait for this and Scutosaurus. They've been doing rounds in my mind on an almost daily basis for the past months!

Bread

Really glad I waited for this one. A true 1:35 scale Majungasaurus with an appealing pose. I didn't find Safari's to be favorable, if anything it was too awkward looking for me.

Well, my first 1:35 scale Abelisaurid.

SidB

Quote from: Bread on June 01, 2023, 05:43:07 PMReally glad I waited for this one. A true 1:35 scale Majungasaurus with an appealing pose. I didn't find Safari's to be favorable, if anything it was too awkward looking for me.

Well, my first 1:35 scale Abelisaurid.
Safari's is way too large for my mostly 1/35 ish scale collection too. I tend to be a lot less tolerant of oversize theropods, which make the 1/35-1/40 scale ones look way too small.

Halichoeres

This is closer to my scale preferences also, and does that support rod come with it? If so that is also a selling point.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres According to Paleofiguras, yes. I agree, I wish more companies included this sort of rod with their figures, like PNSO does. They're less obstrusive than bases are, and do their job as fine. And certainly it's better than not including anything, when it comes to securing a figure's stability. I imagine they're also cheap to produce. I think it's all pros about those.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Concavenator on June 01, 2023, 07:50:08 PMavatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres According to Paleofiguras, yes. I agree, I wish more companies included this sort of rod with their figures, like PNSO does. They're less obstrusive than bases are, and do their job as fine. And certainly it's better than not including anything, when it comes to securing a figure's stability. I imagine they're also cheap to produce. I think it's all pros about those.

I agree, it's my favorite solution to the biped problem.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Mattel made their first mini of one this year as well. Hardly a big deal, but figured it would be fun to mention as well.

Glad to see progress on this new Majungasaurus. I love the colors. Can't wait to get my hands on this one (and Safari Ltd's) eventually. I really am glad about the PNSO style support rod too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

Excited to get my hands on the Majungasaurus! Not a huge fan of the bright white paint on the head though, doesn't capture the off-white bony colour of the package art design.

Flaffy

Quote from: Faelrin on June 08, 2023, 02:11:32 AMGlad to see progress on this new Majungasaurus. I love the colors. Can't wait to get my hands on this one (and Safari Ltd's) eventually. I really am glad about the PNSO style support rod too.

Very glad the ugly snow shoes were ditched in favour for a support rod. An optional rod is certainly the more elegant option than a permanent base.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: