News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Paleofiguras leaked the PNSO photos, I know.  Isn't an albertosaurine the best match for the Wapiti Formation though?

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 12, 2023, 11:45:18 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on June 12, 2023, 11:36:57 AMAlbertosaurus maybe?
pnso just revealed one an hour ago

Thialfi

A quick heads up: AliExpress has a Summer sale going on which allowed me to order the Haolonggood Apatosaurus for 65 Euros including shipping!

shahinos

Quote from: Thialfi on June 12, 2023, 12:08:01 PMA quick heads up: AliExpress has a Summer sale going on which allowed me to order the Haolonggood Apatosaurus for 65 Euros including shipping!

At which store? None of the stores I see has the Apatosaurus on sale?

Edit: Or do you mean the "spend x money to get x money discount"?

Thialfi

Quote from: shahinos on June 12, 2023, 12:11:40 PM
Quote from: Thialfi on June 12, 2023, 12:08:01 PMA quick heads up: AliExpress has a Summer sale going on which allowed me to order the Haolonggood Apatosaurus for 65 Euros including shipping!

At which store? None of the stores I see has the Apatosaurus on sale?
My Online Toy Store: https://a.aliexpress.com/_Eudcsnn

shahinos

They didn't ship to Sweden, but I accidentally ordered it from another store at around 70 euros, thanks to a misclick...

Thialfi

I see no mistakes here, S @shahinos 😜 I'm sure you will love it! Which version did you order?

shahinos

Quote from: Thialfi on June 12, 2023, 12:32:46 PMI see no mistakes here, S @shahinos 😜 I'm sure you will love it! Which version did you order?

Haha, yeah, I probably will ! And I guess I won't find it cheaper. The grey one, I'm not that fond of the other pattern which most dinos this year seem to have as an alternate pattern. And you?

Thialfi

I think it's a good deal looking at prices in other shops and other sites, no worries there S @shahinos! I went for the grey one as well, I have similar feelings as you. And a grey Apatosaurus is sort of like a childhood memory: it's how I remember them from the books I was reading when young. Hope it arrives soon for you, enjoy!.

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 12, 2023, 11:50:50 AMPaleofiguras leaked the PNSO photos, I know.  Isn't an albertosaurine the best match for the Wapiti Formation though?

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 12, 2023, 11:45:18 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on June 12, 2023, 11:36:57 AMAlbertosaurus maybe?
pnso just revealed one an hour ago
So you're telling me I may have decide between PNSO's or haolonggood's?
*Sighs*

Anyways, I hope these are released soon, since I am hoping to order a haul during this sale on Aliexpress.

Flaffy

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 11, 2023, 09:57:39 AM
Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on June 11, 2023, 06:52:19 AM
Quote from: Remko on June 11, 2023, 06:04:08 AMThe second looks more like a Hadrosaurid with that high tail. Not a Ceratopsid.

Thought it was the tail first as well. But now I'm pretty sure its the lower jaw. You can see the jawline.

Must be ... because of the leg posture - definitely front legs.

Welp it's settled, it's indeed a Ceratopsid R @Remko  ;)

I don't mind the choice of Pachyrhinosaurus as I've gotten increasingly unsatisfied with my PNSO version... Like, basing it off the holotype skull is valid and all, but I personally prefer a Pachyrhinosaurus with its signature nasal boss. Never got the Safari or Battat versions as I wasn't a fan of the sculpt of the former, and the integument & colours of the latter. So I'm looking forward to Haolonggood's take.

Credit: paleo-nerd

On the other hand, I echo the sentiments of many other members that I would've vastly preferred a new Pachyrhinosaurus species on the market. P. perotorum is my favoruite Pachyrhinosaurus species, but as it's the smallest and least ornate I understand it being overshadowed by the striking P. lakustai. No excuse for P. canadensis getting the short end of the stick though, it's the largest species, and we all know how much companies like making large dinosaurs 8) .

ceratopsian

I'm not sure that hiding what might be Albertosaurus in the image necessarily means that is the theropod Haolonggood is actually going to reveal. It might just be a bit of fun by the photographer.

Flaffy

I too would've prefered a Kentrosaurus. Wuerhosaurus just can't escape the paleomeme of having short squared plates it seems. For comparison, a Wuerhosaruus skeletal reconstruction with hypothetical non-broken plates.

ZEGH8578's and even Frontier's JWE reconstructions of Wuerhosaruus's plates strike me as more plausible. With the latter being a nice compromise between keeping the plates non-broken, but showcasing a somewhat plausible stouter plate morphology to differenciate it from Stegosaurus. Oh well, it'll be replacing my Vitae one; wasn't a fan of that those speculative oversized shoulder spikes nor the underdetailed integument.

Concavenator

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Sure, as far as we know, it's not guaranteed. On another hand, it was hinted the theropod they are planning to release is a megaraptorid. But it seems V @vampiredesign has ambitious plans, so who knows, at this rate we might even see both!

Lynx

This was pretty good timing for a Pachyrhinosaurus, seeing as the others have all retired with the exception of some minis from other companies I think. Seeing as I don't have one, this might be the first figure I pick up.
An oversized house cat.

Bread

I share the same sentiments as avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy
There was always something off about the previous Pachyrhinosaurus releases, so this one will satisfy me.

I even had Battat's repainted but the more I had the model, the more I grew a distaste for it.

So this new Haolonggood will be good for me.

Skorpio V.

Honestly every representation of Pachyrhinosaurus has been good. My favourite is honestly the Battat's of all 3 major ones just for its silhouette being the perfect ceratopsian bauplan imo. It's just the jarring width of the head and vague integument that leave me longing for more, and I think this model does this species justice that's a cut above the rest.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Sim

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 12, 2023, 04:19:57 AMI wish this Chinese company would consider Sinoceratops. There need to be more on the market. That and Wendiceratops are the only ceratopsians that could interest me at this point.
I'd be interested in a Sinoceratops!

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on June 12, 2023, 03:46:10 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on June 12, 2023, 04:19:57 AMI wish this Chinese company would consider Sinoceratops. There need to be more on the market. That and Wendiceratops are the only ceratopsians that could interest me at this point.
I'd be interested in a Sinoceratops!

Likewise. I certainly wouldn't mind more figures of my favourite ceratopsid that ISN'T based-off that godawful JW abomination

Sim

The Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus and Wuerhosaurus look very good!  As much as I like stegosaurians I don't think I will get the Wuerhosaurus as I dislike that look of the plates.  I would very much like more blue dinosaurs though.  The Pachyrhinosaurus I think I will get.  I already have the Safari version but I too would prefer a 1:35 figure of it.  I'm not sure if I will replace the Safari version or if I will keep both as the Safari Pachyrhinosaurus is excellent.

I would have never noticed the tyrannosaurid in the Pachyrhinosaurus photo, thanks to those who shared it!  I hope it's hinting at a tyrannosaurid figure of a species that hasn't been made well already.  I really don't want it to be Albertosaurus again.  I hope it's a Daspletosaurus horneri or a Bistahieversor!

Libraraptor

Quote from: Dinoxels on June 11, 2023, 11:02:14 AMWow some of the people in here are being more toxic than these figures themselves. Like oh my gosh I was trying to catch up on the current state of the matter and instead I see people just being assholes to each other. My goodness  :o

This has been the low of this discussion so far. Thank you everyone for returning to a more rational and factual way of discussing things.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: