News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 10, 2023, 09:14:52 AM
Quote from: Over9K on June 09, 2023, 06:54:11 PMFor me, it's the unethical, and illegal, practices that are being alleged. It's the fraudulent marking of product.

You still don't undestand. It's not illegal what they do. Our laws have no validity in China.
It would be illegal to offer them in a European shop, but they only offer their products within China.
Unethical? Well, how unethical is it that all other brands that you're collecting have their products being produced in China, only to get around their own countries' statutory minimum wage and labour conditions in order to make them affordable for you and me? As I wrote before - I wouldn't know where to start.
The only way to live a 100% ethical life is to leave modern societies completely, which would mean: No Dinosaur toy collecting at all. Your decision!

::)

Whataboutism... nice.

Don't know where to start? How about here?

If they only sell in China, why the fraudulent markings?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Over9K on June 10, 2023, 02:31:27 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on June 10, 2023, 09:14:52 AM
Quote from: Over9K on June 09, 2023, 06:54:11 PMFor me, it's the unethical, and illegal, practices that are being alleged. It's the fraudulent marking of product.

You still don't undestand. It's not illegal what they do. Our laws have no validity in China.
It would be illegal to offer them in a European shop, but they only offer their products within China.
Unethical? Well, how unethical is it that all other brands that you're collecting have their products being produced in China, only to get around their own countries' statutory minimum wage and labour conditions in order to make them affordable for you and me? As I wrote before - I wouldn't know where to start.
The only way to live a 100% ethical life is to leave modern societies completely, which would mean: No Dinosaur toy collecting at all. Your decision!

::)

Whataboutism... nice.

You're eluding.

Quote from: Over9K on June 10, 2023, 02:31:27 PMDon't know where to start? How about here?

If they only sell in China, why the fraudulent markings?

First question is pointless. Second question has already been answered.
 We better finish the discussion. I for one will do so.

shahinos

It is highly problematic that a company decides to use the CE stamp IF the standard hasn't been met. The criticism is totally fair and on point.

One must be able to share one's concern about this without being told how shitty production under capitalism is.

It is whataboutism, because in this thread we're not talking about Collecta or Safari having production in China, but about Haolonggood and their potentially fake CE stamps.

Two thoughts at the same time, you know.

shahinos

However, this doesn't mean that the products somehow are toxic or don't reach a certain level of safety quality. The issue with different standards is often money, unfortunately.

It feels a bit weird to argue toxicity based on smell, for example. I've had toys bought in Sweden, and thereby complying with the CE standard, smell a lot.

Faelrin

It might not be illegal in China, but why bother adding a fake CE stamp at all though? It isn't a good look to go and add a fake one. It shows a lack of integrity, care, etc, and could fool someone into thinking that this has been safety tested, followed regulations, etc, when it absolutely hasn't, especially if they aren't familiar with distinguishing between the fakes and legit ones. I can't think of any legitimately good reason to do so, only the opposite. I mean I have acquired a few bootlegs with those fake stamps I'm pretty sure, and briefly holding the figures causes my skin to become irritated (and of course I wash my hands asap, and I also keep that stuff separated from my figures that don't have whatever harmful materials, away from my pets too). Smell isn't the only way to know, as it isn't always applicable.

I also prefer figures to have the legit CE stamps, because as far as I know here in the USA, we don't have such safety regulations (which I know is only part of why it is there). It's why all those bootleg toys on Amazon, Aliexpress, etc, are able to be sold and imported here into the states, where I doubt they would be in the UK and EU. Until Haolonggood can be safety tested, I'm not taking a chance buying them, when I have animals, an infant niece that I care for, and my dad with congestive heart failure that I with, etc, at the very least for as long as I'm living in a motel room with them, and don't have my own personal bedroom and way of safely storing these things. A shame as I really wanted their Ouranosaurus pair, but it is a risk I will not take. Especially without providing transparency on either safety tests done, or materials (such as like what Safari Ltd does).

I also want to know more about why avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur said to avoid this brand, unless it falls into any of the above I already covered. I think people should merely be told about any potential risks that comes with having a fake CE stamp, and decide on their own if they want to buy figures like that. By saying to avoid them, it leads me to believe there's more going on then? I really hope they can comment here and share more on what they meant with that.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Jose S.M.

Have anyone compared the CE markings of the Haolonggood figures to Safari or collectA figures? It was said that the space between the letters changes its meaning so they may have the correct one but people who doesn't know about the space meaning misunderstand it as faking them

Concavenator

What avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian shared here is relevant:

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 07, 2023, 10:05:55 AMThis has been common practice for years. "CЄ" means that the manufacturer or importer affirms the goods' conformity with European standards. "C Є" means "Chinese Export" (more space between the C and the E). It's a Chinese trick to establish their products on the European market.

Okay, that's a trick. Is that unethical? Sure. But in any case, it's not like Haolonggood created that trick themselves, they're copying it. So whoever created that trick in first place should be to blame, and well, the companies who follow it. But all of them. However, the situation we have is an european distributor (ED) not distributing a product (Haolonggood's) because it doesn't meet european requirements. Technically speaking, what's happening here is not illegal, as ED is not stocking Haolonggood stuff. As ED themselves mention, "they would be commiting a serious offence" if they stocked them. That goes to say that if they did, that would be illegal, which is true. But that is not the case here. And as avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian also says, you're free to buy whatever you want from AliExpress.

The shop Dinosaur Time is UK-based and they do stock Haolonggood's figures: https://www.dinosaurtime.co.uk/replica-dinosaur-models/replica-dinosaur-modelsgr-toys-replica-dinosaur-models/

On another hand, I doubt many (any) of us are readily aware of the implications of the CE marking, without looking up for them. The toxicity claim has no proofs.

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 07, 2023, 09:17:51 PM

It's also hard to believe that ED is "trying to work with them to help them sort this out" while being aware that the products are toxic. Because by saying that, they're implying that they're indeed interested in stocking the figures. So at the very least, them stating to "avoid this brand" because of potential toxicity can be discarded I'd say, and they're most likely referring to something else. I have the feeling they're saying that because they aren't stocking them at the moment, though I could be wrong, of course. If anyone is interested in knowing more about that claim, I think it'd be better to ask ED directly (via a Facebook post, via Messenger, via email... whatever, since it's been a while since they last logged on the forum).

If we're being practical, if by any chance you usually buy stuff from AliExpress/eBay what you usually get is probably no safer than a Haolonggood figure (nor you necessarily question its safety when buying it), and considering the fact that Haolonggood's products are prehistoric animal collectibles, you'll most likely be using those other products considerably more. Unless you actively play with your figures, which, hey, it's fine too. Most of us are collectors and so don't handle our pieces as much.

I have nothing to say to people who won't buy Haolonggood products because of this discussion. People do what they want with their money and I respect their decisions just as much as I'd like mine to be respected, too.

As the rest of you, I'd also appreciate confirmation about these products not being toxic (even though I think it's very unlikely). But based on the observations I pointed out, when it comes to me specifically, I'm mostly indifferent about this discussion. In fact, call me inmature if you want, but I'm really looking forward to their next figures, which I think might be soon, based on what V @vampiredesign said. I think the dinosaurs Haolonggood makes are quite a bit nicer than some factually safe dinos, like Schleich's!  :o

Renecito

6th and 7th figures teasers.

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Flaffy

Hmm... Wuerhosaurus-like plates, but bare on the hips(?). I'm stumped.
Unless those pics represent 2 new figures instead of a single one? Cus that would make a whole lot more sense.

EDIT: nvm those are indeed two distinct figures. I think it's safe to say the stegosaur is a Wuerhosaurus. Surprised to see another potential ceratopsid joining the lineup though!

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Lynx

Quote from: Renecito on June 11, 2023, 03:11:58 AM6th and 7th figures teasers.

Oooooh, looks like stegosaurus (or it's relative in the same formation) and some type of sauropod or theropod? Very interested.
An oversized house cat.

Jorgesaurus

Skorpio V.

Love the smooth, airbrushed paint application they apply. It works especially beautifully with the green tones shown here.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Renecito on June 11, 2023, 03:11:58 AM6th and 7th figures teasers.

Man, the patterning and colouration on that stegosaurian (Wuerhosaurus?) looks incredible. Thought it would have been a Kentrosaurus but that's okay, will wait in patience.

Looks like another ceratopsian though, I'm surprised! Looking forward to the full reveal. Let's go V @vampiredesign !

TooOldForDinosaurs

Definitely excited about a stegosaurid.  :)

postsaurischian

:D  How lucky! The show goes on.

Remko

The first is definately a Stegosaurid, hoping for Hesperosaurus.

The second looks more like a Hadrosaurid with that high tail. Not a Ceratopsid.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Remko on June 11, 2023, 06:04:08 AMThe second looks more like a Hadrosaurid with that high tail. Not a Ceratopsid.

Thought it was the tail first as well. But now I'm pretty sure its the lower jaw. You can see the jawline.

postsaurischian

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on June 11, 2023, 06:52:19 AM
Quote from: Remko on June 11, 2023, 06:04:08 AMThe second looks more like a Hadrosaurid with that high tail. Not a Ceratopsid.

Thought it was the tail first as well. But now I'm pretty sure its the lower jaw. You can see the jawline.

Must be ... because of the leg posture - definitely front legs.

Dinoxels

Wow some of the people in here are being more toxic than these figures themselves. Like oh my gosh I was trying to catch up on the current state of the matter and instead I see people just being assholes to each other. My goodness  :o 
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: