News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Well, I guess I don't have any excuse besides to wait for a sale.

edit: never mind, I forgot I'm tryna keep it down on theropods
An oversized house cat.

Carnoking

Those in hand photos show some promise, though I still hold that the Daspletosaurus just looks like a T. rex growth stage given the similar aesthetics.

JohannesB

Only the fact that I am fascinated and almost childishly obsessed with Tyrannosaurus rex made me buy Cameron, but otherwise I am waiting for models of species from other dinosaur families. Although a possible Albertosaurus, with its more slender/athletic physique may pose a nice contrast to Cameron. Also, mostly because of costs (and available space), I must be particular about what to get, even though I would love to get the Suchomimus and Mapusaurus for example.

Skorpio V.

The Daspletosaurus colour scheme is way clearer now. I definitely thought it'd be a clumsy mess of browns throughout but the vision is obvious now. It's reminiscent of the Jurassic Park Ceratosaurus in the darker beige transitioning into a warmer pink with brown striping throughout.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on June 17, 2023, 03:26:43 PMThose in hand photos show some promise, though I still hold that the Daspletosaurus just looks like a T. rex growth stage given the similar aesthetics.
Agreed. Reminds me of the Saurian artwork comparing the growth stages of Tyrannosaurus.

Faelrin

My initial responses to the Daspletosaurus and Lythronax.

Okay so the Daspletosaurus definitely got upgraded in my eyes. Those initial pics had me thinking it was gonna be too similar to their Allosaurus. This is more of a cream color and brown striping, with a hint of red on the keratin crest things. I think I prefer this slightly over Safari Ltd's, although the latter certainly has lips, which is in line with the recent paper.

Lythronax is about the same but it looks like the red is bolder in these in hand pics? Not complaining, just hope I'm seeing things right.

All three actually stand out next to each other surprisingly. It's not all like some of their theropods in the past, and it seems they are carrying the trend created by the carcharosontosaurs, although those certainly had more color distinction among them, yellow-Acrocanthosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus, blue-Meraxes, green-Giganotosaurus, brown-Mapusaurus. Of course that simplify things a bit as they had a range of color and all had unique patterns.

That said I do think any potential criticisms of similarity to Safari Ltd's constant yellows and browns, or even PNSO has done in the past, has some validity, as the carcharosontosaur trio released this year diverged from that, but at least these three are still visually exciting on some level, alone or next to each other. I wonder how the Albertosaurus will fair, as I don't think the current leaked images (unless they are actually of artwork) do it justice.

Right now I'm getting vibes that it looks like a mix between the recent Daspletosaurus and the Eofauna Giganotosaurus.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Quiversaurus

Wow the girth and size of Cameron compared to the Daspletosaurus and Lythronax...

But yes, the colour schemes and patterning really do look so much better than the initial photos we saw. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Fembrogon

Those photos definitively improve my opinions of the color schemes; still nothing as striking as Meraxes, but not nearly as redundant of each other as I was concerned.

Sim

The Daspletosaurus looks better in those photos, the Lythronax looks worse.  In my opinion.

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: Carnoking on June 17, 2023, 03:26:43 PMThose in hand photos show some promise, though I still hold that the Daspletosaurus just looks like a T. rex growth stage given the similar aesthetics.

Seems that the Daspletosaurus will join the Zhuchengtyrannus in the "Honorary member of the Wilson/Cameron Family" party.
* (It's locked.)

Concavenator

Paleofiguras told me about some rumours concerning upcoming PNSO releases. They told me these come from a purportedly chinese person (chinese name at least), who in turn told them about these rumours. I asked Paleofiguras permission to share this here and they told me it's fine, but that we should consider these as rumours. The genera are:

- Bistahieversor
- Irritator
- Medusaceratops

Again, take these with a grain of salt. And if these are coming indeed, that doesn't necessarily mean they are the next figures we are going to see, PNSO might release something else first.

Lynx

irritator could be interesting thanks to the new paper, also nice to finally see a non-theropod.
An oversized house cat.

Bread

That makes me somewhat worried for no Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus. *Remember that some models have been canceled before*

Anyways, the Bistahieversor is interesting to me, more so than Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus. Also makes me wonder if this could be one of those blank sculpts we saw with those two Tyrannosaurs.

Irritator is nice since I have been deciding between the two Spinosaurids we have had recently.

Medusaceratops, funny enough I expect Haolonggood to make one down the line. Being that it will probably be neater in color (and cheaper) I'll probably avoid.

I am taking these rumors as a grain of salt though.

Skorpio V.

If they do end up doing the Medusaceratops, I really want them to do a colour scheme that's directly inspired by a snake like how their Pinacosaurus is painted after the thorny devil!
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Lynx on June 19, 2023, 12:26:05 AMirritator could be interesting thanks to the new paper, also nice to finally see a non-theropod.

I would be quite interested in an Irritator as well. Though if they already had Cameron planned for 2023 even before the paper on lips was published, I'm not sure if they'd be able to reflect new anatomical updates so quickly...

Then again it doesn't say when these might emerge (if they are even accurate), for all we know we might see an Irritator only in 2025.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Concavenator on June 18, 2023, 11:55:20 PMPaleofiguras told me about some rumours concerning upcoming PNSO releases. They told me these come from a purportedly chinese person (chinese name at least), who in turn told them about these rumours. I asked Paleofiguras permission to share this here and they told me it's fine, but that we should consider these as rumours. The genera are:

- Bistahieversor
- Irritator
- Medusaceratops

Again, take these with a grain of salt. And if these are coming indeed, that doesn't necessarily mean they are the next figures we are going to see, PNSO might release something else first.

I would immediately buy an Irritator.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Fembrogon

It'd be interesting to see if PNSO somehow managed to integrate the expanding jaw theory into the model's jaw articulation, if the rumor is true; although I would guess that study is far too recent to influence the design anyway.

dragon53

thomasw100

Medusaceratops is a glimpse of hope for herbivore lovers. Irritator is also nice, perhaps then Baryonyx may also come later. Yet one more tyrannosaur is now too much I think if Gorgosaurus and Albertosaurus are indeed the two leaked unpainted models.

Psittacoraptor

Quote from: erlectric on June 17, 2023, 09:57:55 AM

How do the promo images look so much worse than the actual product? Since PNSO likes to be different than other companies, maybe they're trying the opposite approach from the usual "show heavily edited images of perfect prototype that the final product won't match"?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: