News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 15, 2023, 06:23:57 AMYeah but I'm sure that has something to do with costs rising at every stage of production?

Of course, as well as perhaps the series evolving away from the single price point concept anyway.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on July 15, 2023, 06:46:13 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 15, 2023, 06:23:57 AMYeah but I'm sure that has something to do with costs rising at every stage of production?

Of course, as well as perhaps the series evolving away from the single price point concept anyway.

True. I'll probably keep my favorite one in the house and display the other in the park somewhere. Help me justify it lol

JohannesB

Quote from: Faelrin on July 08, 2023, 08:16:02 PM

I would have liked it even more if Rebor did not make the skin so course and pebbly with those big scales all over. The part without the course texture looks better to me, even though that is supposed to be unfinished, I guess. But in any case, a beautiful model. Could be the Spinosaurus model (in that price range) to own. Anyway, I am looking forward to it, especially since it has lips, and that makes it stand out in a nice way from any other good Spinosaurus figures I own. (Not that I prefer one over the other.)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I don't really see big scales? I have to blow the image up to see them?  Once cast it will lose some of that, so prototype models are often heavily textured.

JohannesB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 15, 2023, 05:47:43 PMI don't really see big scales? I have to blow the image up to see them?  Once cast it will lose some of that, so prototype models are often heavily textured.

If it loses some of that when cast, as you say, it will look even better. Just my opinion of course. (Possibly my standards have changed according to what PNSO creates now, and I have become even more pedantic than I already was. My problem :P) It will be a very nice figure for sure, judging from this.

Over9K

Quote from: JohannesB on July 15, 2023, 05:02:43 PM

I would have liked it even more if Rebor did not make the skin so course and pebbly with those big scales all over. The part without the course texture looks better to me, even though that is supposed to be unfinished, I guess. But in any case, a beautiful model. Could be the Spinosaurus model (in that price range) to own. Anyway, I am looking forward to it, especially since it has lips, and that makes it stand out in a nice way from any other good Spinosaurus figures I own. (Not that I prefer one over the other.)

A bit unfair to judge the texture on an unlit sculpting program render. Most of the newer "fine grain" skinned REBOR figures have looked like this in render stage, and then look great in-hand, Carnotaurus rex, Kiss/Tusk, King Trident were all this way.

JohannesB

Quote from: Over9K on July 16, 2023, 04:02:20 AM

A bit unfair to judge the texture on an unlit sculpting program render. Most of the newer "fine grain" skinned REBOR figures have looked like this in render stage, and then look great in-hand, Carnotaurus rex, Kiss/Tusk, King Trident were all this way.

That's (partly) why I don't really like those figures either, I guess. I do own their King T. rex, but I don't know what attracted me to that figure all those years ago, but it still is kind of a fun figure to behold.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: JohannesB on July 16, 2023, 12:46:36 PM
Quote from: Over9K on July 16, 2023, 04:02:20 AM

That's (partly) why I don't really like those figures either, I guess. I do own their King T. rex, but I don't know what attracted me to that figure all those years ago, but it still is kind of a fun figure to behold.

The original Rex I actually never bought though it seems a natural progression for a spikier JP Rex design?

Bread

In hand images of Lonesome George:

What an excellent model! Really warms my heart to see this guy. I always rewatch the clip of David Attenborough stumbling upon Lonesome George. Truly memorable. Instant pickup for sure and thank you Rebor.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Very nice without the flash, loads of detail and great paint apps.

Over9K

Faelrin

More progress on the 1:2 scale articulated Beelzebufo (last update prior was last year, aside from a post Rebor made in response in this thread or another a bit ago):

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Halichoeres

I wasn't expecting an action figure! Cool either way, I'm glad they actually seem to be moving forward with this.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Now this is pretty cool.

See, you can actually have "awesomebro" vibes yet still maintaining that desire for accuracy.

Over9K

George is home! A month early!

Sadly... George is no help answering the all important question.

"I never made it without biting. Ask Mr. Owl."

Stegotyranno420

I didn't know Master Oogway's name was actually George.
Well, he's not so lonesome now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Mine came in the other day, he's hanging with the Komodo Dragon currently.. lol

It's a pretty nice piece, like early Safari nice. I think maybe it could use a bit more paint on the legs and chest or I'm just not seeing it.

Eatmycar

Assuming that Beelzebufo makes it out of Rebor's prototype hell, sign me up!

dragon53

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: