News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TooOldForDinosaurs

Great looking model! And from what I've seen on Aliexpress at a fair price I would say. Congrats :)

SidB

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on July 20, 2023, 12:39:12 PMGreat looking model! And from what I've seen on Aliexpress at a fair price I would say. Congrats :)
It cost me 130 dollars, Canadian, including shipping. Not cheap, but worth it, I believe. It's a worthy addition to my shelf, glad that I purchased it, but I don't think that it will replace the planned Cameron conversion from unlipped to lipped in the future. Any quest for an "ultimate" rex doesn't mean that I ditch previous efforts. I like to capture the historical developments of the Tyrannosaurs by various manufacturers.

Stegotyranno420

Since it was prime day on the 13, I decided to get an extra PNSO.
I will provide better pictures later.
But I am so glad to have this tank.
Feels like a resin kit

Faelrin

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 That's an excellent choice, especially since Lingwulong is one of the best preserved dicraeosaurids, since it was described back in 2018, and PNSO made a quality figure of it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

I wasn't expecting these little arrivals from ED, especially only  one week after placing my order, but lo and behold -

PNSO Kosmoceratops

PNSO Ouranosaurus

I've never planned on deliberately collecting these little gems, but over the years I've acquired one here and another there, always as juveniles, subadults or 1/35-1/45 scale figures to fit into my main collection dioramas. As a result, there are now a good number of the PNSO minis in my inventory.

Faelrin

S @SidB That little PNSO Ouranosaurus makes such a good youngster for the Haolonggood red and blue figure.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ceratopsian

Lingwulong remains one of my favourite models avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420. Excellent decision on your part!

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on July 21, 2023, 03:20:23 AMS @SidB That little PNSO Ouranosaurus makes such a good youngster for the Haolonggood red and blue figure.
I thought so too, avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin .

Eocarcharia

Half price at my local Target? Why not?

Interestingly, I noticed after buying that the tape on both sides of the box had been cut and taped over with what looks like the exact same tape from the factory. All the plastic ties are in place and the figure itself is unassembled and seems fine aside from a couple unfortunate paint chips on the teeth. So it doesn't really seem like a return. I've heard of factory QC checks where they open the box kinda like this, maybe that's what happened? Anyone else have an idea? Or am I thinking way too deep into this?

EmperorDinobot

If nobody wants it, I'll review it when I open it, and when I do the biblical comparison between all Tyrannosaurs Mattel has given us in the main lines. I have had more dinosaurs come into my hands before this one, but I had my phone with me so y'all get to see it before I show off the good stuff I got before my troubles began.

suspsy

I have not had any requests for that particular one.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

EmperorDinobot

It's a retool of the Battle or Extreme Damage ones, which are extreme retools of the Legacy/og BD/Explorer T.rexes. The coloring is very nice and interesting. That's gonna be the T.rex that stalks my figures for the rest of this season.

Sim

I received the following today:

1. PNSO Machairoceratops.  Because of its open cheekless mouth I thought this figure looked hideous at first, but things can change with time.  I now have no problem with it and I'm happy to have it.

2. PNSO Pachycephalosaurus.  Unfortunately the one I received had one pupil bigger than the other, the smaller one being barely visible.  I intend to get another one that hopefully won't have this problem.

3. Papo Stygimoloch.  I recently felt I had most of what I want as a figure and this brought out an interest in dinosaur groups I had been avoiding.  Specifically, pachychephalosaurians and oviraptorosaurs.  I actually didn't like them, but now I do!  I was very happy with my Safari Anzu and following that I bought the PNSO Pachycephalosaurus and Papo Stygimoloch.  I'm very happy with my Papo Stygimoloch too, it actually arrived standing on just its feet.  I have no doubt "Dracorex" is a juvenile Pachycephalosaurus or Stygimoloch, but I'm now not so sure Stygimoloch is a juvenile Pachycephalosaurus.  Unless something changes, I'm treating Stygimoloch as a valid taxon.  I wanted to have a nice figure of this interesting animal and Papo's is just that.

4. BotM Protoceratops hellenikorhinus.  At first I thought I only wanted the three 1:18 dromaeosaurids.  Then I thought I only wanted to add the 1:18 Protoceratops andrewsi.  Now I've got the P. hellenikorhinus too and I want the 1:18 Psittacosaurus as well.  Hopefully I'll get the Psittacosaurus when the Safari Citipati is in stock again.  The lower jaw of my P. hellenikorhinus didn't move at first but after persevering it finally moved.  I love these small BotM figures, I hope many more species are made!

5. PNSO Cameron the Tyrannosaurus.  It's a satisfying figure.  I think I won't buy another Tyrannosaurus figure.  Now I need a good 1:35 adult Spinosaurus figure!

marisaura

a couple new friends arrived today!

especially excited about the maiasaura, which has been on my wishlist FOREVER. she may be a little scuffed up but having a couple birthmarks doesn't make her any less beautiful if you ask me <33

SidB

Quote from: marisaura on July 23, 2023, 03:08:05 AMa couple new friends arrived today!

especially excited about the maiasaura, which has been on my wishlist FOREVER. she may be a little scuffed up but having a couple birthmarks doesn't make her any less beautiful if you ask me <33
Congratulations on the Battat Maiasaura, avatar_marisaura @marisaura. I remember clearly the day that I found mine at a Value Village thrift shop in Toronto back in 2010. Never occurred before or afterwards.  Was and remains a real gem.

Libraraptor

Hey, avatar_marisaura @marisaura, May I kindly ask where you got your Procynosuchus? Still this figure gives me good vibrations because I so to speak "discovered" it for the forum many, many years ago ^-^

marisaura

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 23, 2023, 05:45:09 AMHey, avatar_marisaura @marisaura, May I kindly ask where you got your Procynosuchus? Still this figure gives me good vibrations because I so to speak "discovered" it for the forum many, many years ago ^-^

i got it from a seller on ebay! it looks like they still have a couple left.

and i'm glad that you discovered it back then because i love it!! one of my cutest figures, i can't get over his stubby little legs

Libraraptor

Quote from: marisaura on July 23, 2023, 06:35:10 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on July 23, 2023, 05:45:09 AMHey, avatar_marisaura @marisaura, May I kindly ask where you got your Procynosuchus? Still this figure gives me good vibrations because I so to speak "discovered" it for the forum many, many years ago ^-^

i got it from a seller on ebay! it looks like they still have a couple left.

and i'm glad that you discovered it back then because i love it!! one of my cutest figures, i can't get over his stubby little legs

It is based upon a lifesize figure which is part of a "Rotliegendes" diorama in the museum of Korbach.  8)

Bread

Quote from: Sim on July 22, 2023, 09:24:40 PMI received the following today:

1. PNSO Machairoceratops.  Because of its open cheekless mouth I thought this figure looked hideous at first, but things can change with time.  I now have no problem with it and I'm happy to have it.
Has there been any change in the color scheme/paint application with this model compared to early renditions of it? Also, congratulations on all the acquisitions!

ceratopsian

avatar_marisaura @marisaura - Maiasaura is definitely allowed to show her age, surely the matriarch of her clan!  Mine is a model I never tire of. Congratulations on both finds.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: