News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pliosaurking

The Megalodon looks pretty good, definitely one of the better representations out, I may pick it up down the line. The Dacentrurus looks great especially that green one, definitely getting that one at some point sooner or later!

Quiversaurus

Quote from: vampiredesign on August 02, 2023, 11:26:55 AMDilophosaurus Still modifying the design,Not yet, there are many new products ahead of it。Don't worry, there are many other toys in the middle.
Kentrosaurus It's too small, so I chose it Dacentruruses,I hope to meet your expectations.

This disappoints me, because I was really looking forward to a Haolonggood rendition of a Kentrosaurus, but I understand the limitations - thank you V @vampiredesign for listening to our suggestions and explaining why it's not feasible! The Dacentrurus is an absolute beauty.

Perhaps one day technology will make it possible to do a 1:35 Kentrosaurus, or maybe a new paper will appear stating that Kentrosauruses can grow larger than current estimates (or maybe I'll invest in a simple resin kit), but till then, I'm still so very excited for what Haolonggood will put out.

Looking forward to more species, Edmontosaurus, hadrosaurs and herbivores down the line!

Sim

avatar_Quiversaurus @quiversaurus, there's still the possibility of a Haolonggood Stegosaurus ungulatus!  As I said in the Recent Acquisitions thread I think, Haolonggood's thyreophorans are my favourite figures from them, and I'm so happy we're getting a second stegosaurian!  I hope for another ankylosaurid and nodosaurid from Haolonggood!

V @vampiredesign, will there be a Haolonggood Chasmosaurus, if you can say?

Quiversaurus

avatar_Sim @Sim That's true! Thank you for the reminder - I will continue hoping for an S. ungulatus (:

I watched an online lecture by Dr Susie Maidment recently, who said that there are actually a lot of undescribed specimens/parts of Stegosaurids in collections around the world. Maybe time will tell what other species get updated, or newly described.

Another nodosaurid or ankylosaurid would be absolutely welcome as well, I am hoping for a 1:35 Borealopelta (came close to getting CollectA's iteration on several occasions)... And maybe the newly-described Vectipelta.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on August 02, 2023, 04:32:11 PMI've decided that if I get the Dacentrurus it will be the green one since I got the purple version of the Wuerhosaurus.

Honestly I've never heard of Dacentrurus lol, but I'll plan on getting it. I don't have many stegosaurs.

Gotta admit, I am digging Haolonggood

Sim

avatar_Quiversaurus @quiversaurus, it's interesting there are undescribed stegosaurian specimens, I didn't know that!  I have the CollectA Borealopelta, it's excellent, I highly recommend it!

Skorpio V.

I would have loved to see a reconstruction more based on Miragaia for the plates since they're sister taxa(?). We have a high amount of plates preserved from Miragaia along the neck in published material, but from what those from the Miragaia Project/working with unpublished material say, the amount of plates were far more crowded along the neckline.

The Miragaia Project Facebook said this on December 6, 2019 linking to shi-qco's skeletal:
QuoteTo make things clear, here is the most up to date skeletal and silhouette reconstruction of MG 4863 and Miragaia (a more outdated silhouette was published in our paper in PLOS One).

But in the future, there will be a proper study focused on the reconstruction of Miragaia, with a much better reconstruction - inevitable after the work to complete MG 4863 in this project ;)!

The outdated reconstruction they used in their paper:

The updated version they speak of in the post:

As for Ashley Patch's reconstruction with the high plates as seen on the PNSO model, she tweeted this a year after on December 7, 2020:
QuoteI was lucky enough to have Costa share some unpublished research into Miragaia, especially with the plates, and I'm confident that, as of now, my skeletal is the most up to date skeletal out there
There's some wiggle room with the sequence, but anything close to this is good

in reference to this skeletal with the beautiful tall plates:

Regardless, we have only one(?) plate preserved from Dacentrurus so its arrangement and quantity could have been vastly different to Miragaia's for all we know.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Stegotyranno420

The "new dacentrurus " looks like the "old Miragaia", as seen in the Carnegie model.
I always grew up with Dacentrurus looking similar to Stegosaurus but kentrosaurine plates in my subconscious

Lynx

I love the range of different species this company has! The constant surprises and good quality always make this thread worth checking up on. I cant get these figures normally because of pricing, but I'll always add it on my Christmas list. I love the colors on the orange one specifically!
An oversized house cat.

Concavenator

I second avatar_Quiversaurus @quiversaurus . A pity about the Kentrosaurus:( Well, there's always the upcoming Creative Beast one. Wouldn't it be possible to render it in a larger scale though? I mean, figures advertised at 1/35 scale rarely are at that scale anyways. Even some Haolonggood figures are larger than 1/35 despite being advertised as such (Nasutoceratops, Pachyrhinosaurus, Tianzhenosaurus, Pentaceratops and I don't know if any more), so I'd say it's fine. Sure, having figures are a true 1/35 scale would be nice, but if that's not possible, having them are a larger scale (like the aforementioned Haolonggood figures) would be fine too. Especially for a genus as overdue as Kentrosaurus, it's either that or nothing at all, apparently and unfortunately...

These Dacentrurus (as the Wuerhosaurus) look nice, but I'm not interested. Surprised they went with these fragmentary stegosaurs when there are other stegosaurs with good remains that are yet to receive good figures (like the aforementioned Kentrosaurus, Gigantspinosaurus, Hesperosaurus or Tuojiangosaurus). I'm a collector interested in collecting particular taxa and the only stegosaurs that I still need are Kentrosaurus and Gigantspinosaurus, specifically. Any other one is a pass for me, actually, I have too much stuff to catch up on already, including Haolonggood stuff. I think it's a safe bet to say some of the upcoming Haolonggood releases will also interest me, though, considering they have released several very requested taxa.

Quote from: Basilosaurus on August 02, 2023, 04:16:25 PMeagerly awaiting the Maip Macrothorax!

Wait, has it been confirmed?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Dacentrurus is my favourite British Stegosaur, and this looks like a significant improvement over the Battat so I'm in.
Nope to Otodus though.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

I like the staging of the megalodon, and I'm encouraged to see a willingness to make non-dinosaurs. I do wish companies would just stop attempting to articulate shark jaws though. I hope to see more aquatics from Haolonggood in the future.

The Dacentrurus is a looker. I like my Battat, but this might be a case where I have to evaluate them side by side.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Quote from: SidB on August 02, 2023, 12:41:52 PMFor once, it seems, I'm sort of hung up on which one to get. Mind you, I've grabbed both variants before, but once again, I've being compelled to be space conscious. Leaning towards the green ... but the other looks sooo good too.
Decided to go for the orange ... either one seemed to be a winner. It will be interesting to do a side-by-side with my Battats, one with the shoulder spikes, the other with them removed.

vampiredesign

Thank you very much for your support. Many species are awkward for proportion, please allow us some time. We need to try many technologies and processes, followed by price issues. We hope to bring better prices to everyone, but the cost of improving technology will increase. Please give us some time.Thank you very much. Yes, I have to work overtime again, just for the crazy summer vacation.
I understand that many works are not satisfactory to everyone, and there are many issues from design to production. We will also strive to optimize everything, which requires a lot of money and time. Thank you very much for your support. Thank you!

Thialfi

Thank you for all your hard work, V @vampiredesign! I love the variety amongst the models you release, and the quality is consistently high.

thomasw100

Quote from: Flaffy on August 01, 2023, 09:06:46 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 01, 2023, 08:42:48 PMgiven that all we have is teeth and a few vertebrae, who's to say really. That 2020 interpretation could easily be out-of-date within a few months, for all we know

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon  I think having ~170 preserved vertebrae counts for more than just "a few". Not to mention close relatives & extant taxa in which we can infer anatomical traits from.

Source: https://incertaesedisblog.wordpress.com/2021/01/15/megatooth-shark-skeletal-specimens/

@Evoincarnate's Megalodon skeletal is definitely worth a shout too. It's very rigorous to my knowledge, and is pretty much the best representation of O. megalodon we have at the moment based on current knowledge.

Comment by @Apexzious discussing the skeletal in question
"This skeletal took a lot of work for Evoincarnate to make and they discussed and adjusted the skeletal based on feedback from researchers of O. megalodon. The jaws were based on Carcharodon (great white shark) whereas the snout is based on a fossilized otodontid rostrum which is identified in Greenfield et. al 2022 as being similar to the Lamna genus (porbeagle and salmon sharks) which matches what the researcher said about how O. megalodon would look like (the face of a porbeagle).

Additionally the GDI for a 20 meter specimen for this skeletal came out to be:

Volume of: 115.2093 m^3

Based on Cooper et. al 2022, the density multiplier is 1.060. Jack Cooper (a prominent O. megalodon researcher) acknowledged this skeletal as having similar results to his own paper based on the 3d modelling of a partially complete O. megalodon vertebrae column."

How about this model that just popped up at Lana Time Shop:
https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/new-arrial/products/sume006?variant=44418000552186

Ludodactylus

I feel like I blinked and Haolonggood jumped from having 2 or 3 releases, all of them good, to having this huge selection of beautiful sculpts overnight. I never expected another Dacentrurus figure to drop, in all honesty - I think that will be a must-buy for me, along with the Ouranosaurus.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Sim

Paleofiguras has posted a photo of what appears to be a Haolonggood Megaraptor prototype!  I'm glad it's Megaraptor and not another megaraptoran since Megaraptor is the only one known from decent remains.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim As far as I'm aware it's only known from a forelimb/hand, and a paper reporting a  juvenile specimen that I've just happened across (which has remains for the skull). Is there more material for it out there? Otherwise I think there are others with better remains like Aerosteon, or Murusraptor.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Quote from: Sim on August 03, 2023, 11:57:54 AMPaleofiguras has posted a photo of what appears to be a Haolonggood Megaraptor prototype!  I'm glad it's Megaraptor and not another megaraptoran since Megaraptor is the only one known from decent remains.
Here:

Seems to have lips and an articulated jaw but this could very well change with the articulated jaw.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: