News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 17, 2023, 08:46:11 PMT @thomasw100 - I could indeed get Martin or Ben to do a repaint. But I quite like the idea of having something painted personally by Lang Yu, V @vampiredesign!
Just to put this into perspective, the cost of the Pachyrhinosaurus is $48.99, which considering the original is only ~$20, the repaint is about $20 more plus just consider that these are through Amazon and there is the reasoning for the $8 markup. So really I see it nearly the same price as Martin Garrett for the price of a repaint this size.

Does anyone have the Pentaceratops link? I can't seem to find it. Only see the Pachyrhinosaurus repaint so far. Thank you.

Faelrin

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Quote from: Faelrin on August 17, 2023, 10:58:56 PMavatar_Bread @Bread It was in my post with the pics, but here is again just in case:

https://www.amazon.com/HAOLONGGOOD-Style-of-artist%EF%BC%9APentaceratops/dp/B0CFJK9R6B
Thank you! I still don't see your link on the previous page. Maybe it is just because I am on mobile.

But I do see it here.

vampiredesign

I painted the repainting, and when drawing design plans, I also drew some colors and patterns of my own ideas.
Actually, I am also a hobby collector of dinosaur models, and currently I am unable to access and upload images.

vampiredesign

Finally uploaded and accessed, I don't know if it can be displayed. The collection that has been sorted out currently includes some statues in the box that have not been taken out yet. The quantity should be around 300.

My network is not very stable :'( ,Uploaded some pictures
www.flickr.com

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: vampiredesign on August 18, 2023, 06:17:04 PMFinally uploaded and accessed, I don't know if it can be displayed. The collection that has been sorted out currently includes some statues in the box that have not been taken out yet. The quantity should be around 300.

www.flickr.com

Amazing! *_*

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: vampiredesign on August 18, 2023, 06:17:04 PMFinally uploaded and accessed, I don't know if it can be displayed. The collection that has been sorted out currently includes some statues in the box that have not been taken out yet. The quantity should be around 300.

www.flickr.com
Oh my Dinogod, this is sauropod heaven  :o
Awesome display Mr. V @vampiredesign ! They truly move in herds hehe

Stegotyranno420

V @vampiredesign
Sauropod Sanctuary
Which are the tall skinny necks and the biggest grey one

ceratopsian

That is an amazing collection of sauropods, V @vampiredesign. I like the striped one at the front, right of the brown Haolonggood Apatosaurus and in front of the Eofauna.

Carnoking

Those massive sauropods though!

postsaurischian

:o  Astonishing sauropod display ... Adorable!!

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 18, 2023, 07:05:24 PMThat is an amazing collection of sauropods, V @vampiredesign. I like the striped one at the front, right of the brown Haolonggood Apatosaurus and in front of the Eofauna.

Looks like a beautifully repainted Kaiyodo Dinoland Camarasaurus ;) .

thomasw100

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 18, 2023, 07:02:48 PMV @vampiredesign
Sauropod Sanctuary
Which are the tall skinny necks and the biggest grey one

The biggest grey one should be the new MuSee studio Dreadnoughtus if I remember the pictures of Lana Time Shop correctly. The tall one with the skinny neck is the Zee studio Xinjiangtitan.

thomasw100

What an amazing collection of sauropod models. It would be lovely if vampiredesign could post individual pictures of each of them.

ceratopsian

Thank you avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian!

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 18, 2023, 08:48:56 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on August 18, 2023, 07:05:24 PMThat is an amazing collection of sauropods, V @vampiredesign. I like the striped one at the front, right of the brown Haolonggood Apatosaurus and in front of the Eofauna.

Looks like a beautifully repainted Kaiyodo Dinoland Camarasaurus ;) .

Bread

Wow! Those are excellent pieces! I too am curious on some of these pieces, although some look to be LanaTimeShop kit offerings.

vampiredesign

:) There are also collections of other species in the album. Many prototype designs are my friends, and I have also collected a lot of their works. I also participate and interact with some of the work in the studio.When the network is stable, I will upload more and add them to the album.
I will repaint most of my collections. Haolonggood,I will sell some of my repainted personal works on Amazon.
By the way, the next new product is also coming soon. Dilophosaurus and Megaraptor Currently optimizing. :)

thomasw100

Quote from: vampiredesign on August 19, 2023, 03:48:04 AM:) There are also collections of other species in the album. Many prototype designs are my friends, and I have also collected a lot of their works. I also participate and interact with some of the work in the studio.When the network is stable, I will upload more and add them to the album.
I will repaint most of my collections. Haolonggood,I will sell some of my repainted personal works on Amazon.
By the way, the next new product is also coming soon. Dilophosaurus and Megaraptor Currently optimizing. :)

Unfortunately I missed out on the Zee Studio Saltasaurus and Qingxiusaurus. Any chance that one of these will be up for sale?

Concavenator

So the megaraptoran rumours also weren't unfounded...  ;) I'm glad we will be getting Megaraptor itself. I think some feathering for it would be a good idea, as a basal tyrannosauroid. I've been hoping to get a good Megaraptor figure for ages, looking forward to it. Naturally, hyped for the Dilophosaurus too (and the next new reveal/s), it was looking great already.

After the Megaraptor though, I hope companies will ignore this group until a decently preserved specimen is described. While some of us like megaraptorans as we believe they may have been like, their remains are too bad. No reason to make figures of members from this group in a regular manner instead of endless other dinosaurs (and non-dinosaurs) known from good remains and that are overdue to get a new (or a first, for that matter) figure. Actually, as it is right now, I think they've received too much attention already (Kaiyodo Maip, DinoZoo Orkoraptor, AAoD and CollectA's Australovenator, several Fukuiraptor figures...), it's just that we haven't had a proper figure of the type genus of the group yet. Which hopefully HLG will correct!

Ikessauro

Quote from: Concavenator on August 20, 2023, 05:31:41 PMActually, as it is right now, I think they've received too much attention already (Kaiyodo Maip, DinoZoo Orkoraptor, AAoD and CollectA's Australovenator, several Fukuiraptor figures...), it's just that we haven't had a proper figure of the type genus of the group yet. Which hopefully HLG will correct!

That in my opinion is hardly "too much attention". Specially considering most figures offered are either limited edition/exclusives. I'd rather buy another Fukuiraptor or Australovenator any day than a Stegosaurus, T.rex or Triceratops. Also, don't see much wrong in creating figures of incomplete animals. If they find another complete skeleton and it turns out to be different, the figure becomes outdated but helps tell a story of how paleontology works. I love the fact we have Spinosaurus figures all the way from "allosaur with a sail" to "pelican spino" available.

Concavenator

Quote from: Ikessauro on August 20, 2023, 05:49:28 PMThat in my opinion is hardly "too much attention". Specially considering most figures offered are either limited edition/exclusives. I'd rather buy another Fukuiraptor or Australovenator any day than a Stegosaurus, T.rex or Triceratops. Also, don't see much wrong in creating figures of incomplete animals. If they find another complete skeleton and it turns out to be different, the figure becomes outdated but helps tell a story of how paleontology works. I love the fact we have Spinosaurus figures all the way from "allosaur with a sail" to "pelican spino" available.

When I said "too much attention", I actually meant it relative to the quality of their remains. Even that little, but relatively big, diversity of megaraptoran figures probably (haven't made the numbers) overcomes that of groups with better remains, and more well-known (basal sauropodomorphs, basal ornithischians, even some of the more unusual theropod groups, such as unenlaggine/halszkaraptorine dromaeosaurids, scansoriopterygids, anchiornithids, troodontids...). That I don't think it's fair. I'm not necessarily saying fragmentary animals should never be made into figures (for example, some fragmentary animals like Megalosaurus and Dryptosaurus are historically relevant, and some others like Spinosaurus and Therizinosaurus sort of have an identity despite being fragmentary), but I'd say that animals with more complete remains taking the preference seems fair.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: