News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2024 wishes and hopes

Started by Sim, August 28, 2023, 08:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Now that Safari has revealed all their 2023 figures I think it's a good time to start this thread!  Post what you'd like from Safari in 2024!

I would like from Safari:

1. Rhamphorhynchus.  An accurate version doesn't exist currently!

2. Herrerasaurus.  A good model of it is needed!  It's a popular species too.

3. Saurornithoides mongoliensis.  It would go great with the Safari 2017 Velociraptor and Citipati, coexisting with them.  Safari has never made a troodontid figure, same for most companies...

4. Denversaurus.  There is no figure of it and it would go well with the animals it lived alongside that are already in Safari's range, e.g. Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Ankylosaurus, Anzu, Pachycephalosaurus...

5. Plateosaurus.  The last obvious gap in Safari's prehistoric range is a basal sauropodomorph.  There's much demand for a good Plateosaurus!

6. Edmontonia rugosidens.  Haolonggood's Edmontonia is E. longiceps and I would like to have both Edmontonia species.  It would stand out in Safari's prehistoric range with its large shoulder spikes!

7. Scelidosaurus.  A good, modern figure of it is needed.  If it's made bipedal it would stand out among all of Safari's figures and all available prehistoric figures!

8. Buitreraptor.  It would stand out from all other Safari figures with its very long snout!

9. Kelenken.  I can just imagine how good a Safari phorusrhacid would look!  I think it would be more appealing to customers than Safari's herbivorous Gastornis was.

10. Ceratosaurus nasicornis.  The current Safari Ceratosaurus is my favourite version of the species, but its feet are too big for me to want it.

11. Bistahieversor.  Safari's tyrannosaurids have been very good, I'd like Bistahieversor in their style.

12. Amargasaurus.  An updated version that's smaller than Safari's current version and has the sail.

13. Gallimimus.  I'm surprised Schleich is the only one offering a modern version of Gallimimus, it's one of the most famous dinosaurs thanks to its identification in the film Jurassic Park.  It's a popular species too, perhaps surprisingly.  It would also go well with Safari's Therizinosaurus and Deinocheirus, living alongside them.

14. Chasmosaurus belli, russelli or perifania.  Any of these three Chasmosaurus species would make a great figure!

15. Centrosaurus brinkmani.  This would make a striking figure!

16. Muttaburrasaurus.  There isn't a good figure of it.  It would go well alongside Safari's Kronosaurus.

Lynx

Pinacosaurus, there is also the PNSO version, but after doing some research, it seems to have a couple of anatomy flaws
Plus just generally a Safari ankylosaur is always nice
An oversized house cat.

marisaura

given safari's excellent track record with feathered dinosaurs, they're the company that i most want to see make an austroraptor, which is a taxon i'd love to see a proper figure of in general.

i'll second the desire for a basal sauropodomorph. i'd love to see a plateosaurus, massospondylus - really anything! it's about time.

i also really want to see their take on another synapsid since their estemmenosuchus looks so good. i think their style would fit cotylorhynchus or lystrosaurus, two taxa i'd really love to see figures of, very well.

lastly, i'd love to see their take on a megaraptoran given how well their tyrannosaurs have tended to turn out. any one would do, although if haolonggood's megaraptoran ends up being a megaraptor proper, the one i'd most want to see a figure of would be aerosteon.

Concavenator

I'm pretty much always asking for the same genera, but anyways here goes my wishlist:

Theropods

Gallimimus
Austroraptor
Anchiornis
Halszkaraptor
Sinosauropteryx
Falcarius
Zhenyuanlong
Torvosaurus
Gorgosaurus

Ornithischians

Tenontosaurus
Kulindadromeus
Scutellosaurus

Sauropodomorphs/herrerasaurids

Amargasaurus (updated with sail and smaller)
Eoraptor
Herrerasaurus

Non-dinosaurs

Shonisaurus
Tiktaalik
Megatherium (resculpt)
Aquilolamna
Rhamphorhynchus (resculpt and please, in a quadrupedal stance)

Pliosaurking

I will say most of these species I've said many times before, but my opinion hasn't changed so here goes:

Austroraptor
Ceratosaurus update
Scelidosaurus
Chasmosaurus
Pliosaurus (really any pliosaur that is known from fairly decent remains)
Deinosuchus (Rebor is a fantastic piece but it is quite large, so I would also like to have one about 1:35/40 scale)
Fasolasuchus
Plateosaurus
Maiasaura
Prionosuchus
Eyrops
Rajasaurus
Gallimimus
Euoplocephalus and or Tarchia
Any large Titanosaur in 1:35/40 scale
Barosaurus
Brontosaurus

MLMjp

A set of figures without a single trace of the color yellow. >:D

Halichoeres

A year with a non-dinosaur and/or anything from the Triassic or Paleozoic is a good year (Shringasaurus in 2020, Estemmenosuchus this year). I've been wanting a Cotylorhynchus specifically for a long time, but I don't much care who makes it (OK, not Schleich because they would find a way to wreck it).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TheCambrianCrusader

Plateosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Gallimimus, and Chasmosaurus are the five dinos that probably need figures the most. And I will always fight for Aucasaurus its just too well known and we need more abelisaurs that aren't Carnotaurus, and after this years amazing Majungasaurus I'm even more desperate for one.
And as always more non-dinos! Any clade or era is welcome! (tho I'm biased towards the Paleozoic)

Halichoeres

Quote from: TheCambrianCrusader on August 29, 2023, 02:09:45 AMPlateosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Gallimimus, and Chasmosaurus are the five dinos that probably need figures the most. And I will always fight for Aucasaurus its just too well known and we need more abelisaurs that aren't Carnotaurus, and after this years amazing Majungasaurus I'm even more desperate for one.
And as always more non-dinos! Any clade or era is welcome! (tho I'm biased towards the Paleozoic)

I would also accept Skorpiovenator.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 29, 2023, 02:15:41 AM
Quote from: TheCambrianCrusader on August 29, 2023, 02:09:45 AMPlateosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Gallimimus, and Chasmosaurus are the five dinos that probably need figures the most. And I will always fight for Aucasaurus its just too well known and we need more abelisaurs that aren't Carnotaurus, and after this years amazing Majungasaurus I'm even more desperate for one.

I would also accept Skorpiovenator.
Me too. Also Rugops or Spectrovenator.
Aucasaurus will just always have a bit of a special place in my heart because of Dinosaur Planet.

Halichoeres

That said, it seems unlikely that they'll make a third abelisaurid with Carnotaurus and Majungasaurus already on the shelves. Maybe PNSO will do a streak of them, that would be a change at least.

crazy8wizard

It would be nice to see some Triassic rarities like Hyperodapedon, Heptasuchus, or Anaschisma from Safari. Then again, I'd be thrilled even for the more common Triassic stuff like Plateosaurus or a Postosuchus update. With Mattel making Guaibasaurus, Eoraptor, and Poposaurus (a really good Poposaurus at that) I am seriously hoping 2024 will be a big year for Triassic figures!

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: crazy8wizard on August 29, 2023, 05:25:55 PMIt would be nice to see some Triassic rarities like Hyperodapedon, Heptasuchus, or Anaschisma from Safari. Then again, I'd be thrilled even for the more common Triassic stuff like Plateosaurus or a Postosuchus update. With Mattel making Guaibasaurus, Eoraptor, and Poposaurus (a really good Poposaurus at that) I am seriously hoping 2024 will be a big year for Triassic figures!
How could I forget Postosuchus! Yeah Postosuchus desperately needs an update, the original is beautiful but obv outdated now. And I think Safari and Collecta would be the only companies that would tackle that genus

Pachyrhinosaurus

My list is more or less the same as it always is. I'd like to see a better variety of prehistoric creatures and temporal diversity beyond just dinosaurs and the Mesozoic that better reflects what's on exhibit at museums.

Columbian Mammoth
South Island Giant Moa
Rutiodon or Redondasaurus
Basilosaurus cetoides
Bothriolepis canadensis
Hyneria or Rhizodus
Placerias
Arthropleura
Mesosaurus
Edaphosaurus
Diplocaulus
Anaschisma
Olenellus getzi or Wanneria walcottana

Though there are a few dinosaurs still that we don't have good toys of, such as Struthiomimus and Plateosaurus.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Fembrogon

I would still like to see most or all of the old Carnegie/Wild Safari catalog finish receiving a modern makeover; so genera like Plateosaurus, Maiasaura, Corythosaurus, and Saltasaurus would be among my top picks.

More maniraptorans and other non-tyrant coelurosaurs would be most welcome - how about Ornitholestes, Sinosauropteryx, Mononykus, or Buitreraptor?

I'd also love, as others have said, to see a Doug Watson Ceratopsian again - Centrosaurus and Chasmosaurus would be my first picks.

...And all that is just dinosaurs. I definitely want to see at LEAST one or two non-dinos again. The possibilities are limitless - Kannemeyeria or Placerias, Eryops, Moropus, Stethacanthus, Arthropleura, Sivatherium, Barbaridactylus, and Simosuchus are just a few examples off the top of my head that I bet would stand out nicely in the Safari catalog.

Halichoeres

With Simosuchus appearing in Prehistoric Planet, and Arthropleura appearing in Life on Our Planet, those two might be a little more likely than they were a few years ago.

Faelrin

Feels weird as it is finally the time I don't have to ask for Utahraptor anymore lol.

I still want to see them do more mammals, like Megaloceros, Aenocyon dirus, and Thylacoleo.

Anything Paleozoic or Triassic would be good.

I like the suggests of Simosuchus (which appeared in Prehistoric Planet S2), which would go well with their Majungasaurus and Masiakasaurus, and Cotylorhynchus, with its hilarious proportions that bring me way too much joy. 

Moschops would be great as well. Last toy one was the Marx one, which although still holds up well, we are long overdue for another.

I also agree with wanting to see Chasmosaurus and Centrosaurus.

Anything else goes I suppose and will pleasantly surprise me no doubt.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

I would like it if Safari released a repaint of their retired Nigersaurus, like they did for their Kentrosaurus.  I wanted to buy the Safari Nigersaurus but it's become hard to find and the only one on eBay that wasn't a bootleg was being sold for over $50!  It would be nice to see it back with a new colouration.  S @Shane is it too soon to produce a repaint of the Safari Nigersaurus?

Shane

Quote from: Sim on September 04, 2023, 05:24:52 PMI would like it if Safari released a repaint of their retired Nigersaurus, like they did for their Kentrosaurus.  I wanted to buy the Safari Nigersaurus but it's become hard to find and the only one on eBay that wasn't a bootleg was being sold for over $50!  It would be nice to see it back with a new colouration.  S @Shane is it too soon to produce a repaint of the Safari Nigersaurus?

Probably a bit too soon for that one.

Sim

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: