You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Their monochromacity gives me Invicta vibes and stresses the sculpts even more. Very cool!

BrontoScorpio

This is something a bit different :

954 Piece jigsaw puzzle ( ジグソーパズル ) of dinosaurs after the ' Earth of Animals ' ( 動物たちの地球 ) painting by Haruo Takino ( 滝野晴夫 ).
Sold at the 'Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum' ( 福井県立恐竜博物館 ).

I saw it also goes under Safari ltd. with 250pieces and you can read more or look for other versions on Amazon.

Didn't quite had the time to remove the Nylon cover ...

And this is a good time to introduce my other puzzel - 
This time from 'The Age Of Dinosaurs' event :

The 2nd half of "The Age of Reptiles"  by Rudolph F. Zallinger at the Yale Peabody Museum

Well , it has too many parts for me to start 'puzzelling' it all together -
But, that reminds me I still need to hang my Zallinger poster I once bought -
so there it is :

And from a bit far :

Also a good opportunity, once I took out the ladder from the warehouse, to hang my David Roland 8 consecutive posters - so there it is :

BrontoScorpio

Group of 11 out of 12 Mini Dinosaurs Figures by 'Topps' from  Jurassic Park 3 Candy Egg 2001 :

Only missing the T-rex ( Bellow )
This set is hard to come by - I did not see any presented for a long time - 
now available from the collections of the late Anthony Beeson

You can compare to a previous Topps dino candy eggs from 1988 .

And also to my other mini Jurassic Park 3 by Kaiyodo -

postsaurischian

Your collection is really extraordinary! Although I'm not commenting often, I enjoy browsing through it!
  I have never seen so many "antique" Kaiyodos in one place ... some of them I haven't seen before at all.
  The thread is a great source for Japanese Dinosaur Toy history ^-^ .

BrontoScorpio

Thank you for your kind words.
Great to hear that.
Especially from someone knowledgeable and  experienced as you.

BrontoScorpio

BrontoScorpio

Good thing I bought my bunch of Early Reptile Prehistoric Panorama by COG Ltd / Tedco when I did -

There are many more sets in that Series - but most are poor quality or not interesting :

For me - I'll take the early\prehistoric Reptiles - and that's it.

I bought them from an Auistralian guy - and didn't feel like spending another 6 AUD for the last in the group - the Dicynodon.
How foolish of me -
See what price this tiny thing had gotten yesterday :

Crackington

Yes, just replied to your post on the rare figures thread. Nice haul there, so well done!

I agree the Cogs were very hit and miss. The paleozoic, marine and pterosaur figures were pretty good for the early 2000s,but the dinosaurs were poor.

I like the Dicynodon figure, but that is way too much for it. I suppose the buyer really wanted it though!

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Crackington on August 06, 2023, 11:21:49 AMThe paleozoic ( Reptiles ) , marine and pterosaur figures were pretty good for the early 2000s,but the dinosaurs were poor.
Yes, The marine and pterosaur has their charm also but the early reptiles are my favourites.
For myself I got those five I thought were the best - but I wouldn't mind adding the Dicynodon and few others as well

Ludodactylus

Your display is a thing of beauty. Very eye-catching without being overwhelming, and the posters are a really nice touch.

I built and painted most of the Tamiya kits probably 20-ish years ago, without much skill (and never applying the crepe paper leaves to the cycads). I think it was just the two Triceratops kits (the one you have in the photo and one that was part of the diorama series) and the Brachiosaurus that I never had. Seeing them in your collection certainly brings back memories.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Crackington

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on August 06, 2023, 12:57:03 PM
Quote from: Crackington on August 06, 2023, 11:21:49 AMThe paleozoic ( Reptiles ) , marine and pterosaur figures were pretty good for the early 2000s,but the dinosaurs were poor.
Yes, The marine and pterosaur has their charm also but the early reptiles are my favourites.
For myself I got those five I thought were the best - but I wouldn't mind adding the Dicynodon and few others as well

I was also thinking of their Burgess Shale group, the Pikaia, Ottoia and the trilobite (Olenoides?) were nice figures too.

However, once they got past the Triassic they nose-dived with those poor dinos and the mammals were a bit average.

KeU

That is a lot of loot!

I remember seeing the Rudolph F. Zallinger piece in my old dinosaur books.
But it was just the closeup of the Tyrannosaurus.
Didn't know it was a small part of such a glorious painting.
It looks great on your wall.

BrontoScorpio

Adding 3 more items to my Large Type SRG dinosaurs collection :

My collection as of now :

A rearrangement :

It is getting hard obtaining the Large type SRG in a good condition -
I noticed when I settle for a defective item - in time I get bothered from it too much - ending up acquiring a second, good shaped item -
so, I figured it worth waiting some more - until a better opportunity comes along.
easier said than done - as the prices keep going up ...

Duna

Those new adquisitions are so impressive!  :o You have a really good taste.
I also got recently a large SRG T-rex in perfect condition (your large ones are excellent, too) but just because I liked that goofy face. I'm only interested in the smaller ones (to fit in my small cabinet) so I'm happy not to bid against you. If I don't complete the collection I'll still be happy to have a small representation, because as you have said, good ones are getting a bit expensive.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Duna on September 07, 2023, 03:01:59 PMThose new adquisitions are so impressive!  :o You have a really good taste.
... I'm only interested in the smaller ones ...
Thanks Duna.
I decided to go for the Big set as It seems to me the detailes of the models are of better quality - But the smaller ones do have their different charm.

BrontoScorpio

Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum ( 福井県立恐竜博物館 ) Summer 2023 renovation/Reopening ( 「2023年夏  リニューアルオープン」 )  Commemorative Medal ( 記念 メダル )

and the Official pamphlet ( 公式パンフ ) and other Related documents ( 関連 記資料 )

For the above event, Qualia ( クオリア ) company has made special set of 5 Gacha ( ガチャ ) figures -

Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum supervision ( 福井県立恐竜博物館監修 ) Dinosaur Encyclopedia ( 恐竜図鑑 ) Stand figures ( スタンドフィギュア ) Set of 5 types :

• Tyrannosaurus adult  ティラノサウルス成体
  • Tyrannosaurus subadult and juvenile  ティラノサウルス亜成体・幼体
  • Fukuiraptor    フクイラプトル
  • Fukuivenator  フクイベナートル
  • spinosaurid  スピノサウルス科

As it comes out of the Gacha machine - without the capsules :

Each  figure has 3 parts and the 'Stand' of course ...

After assembling :

Maybe this pic is better ...

All 5 want a piece of the shiny medal ...

Together with the previous set of Qualia's Stand figures :

Joining with my 3rd set of stand figures - The Underwater Strongest King Encyclopedia - with the special colors Anomalocaris -

ceratopsian

I'm always fascinated to your your coin-like objects. A tempting collecting focus!

BrontoScorpio

" coin-like objects " ... That's interesting term - I would just call them Medals ...

ceratopsian

I worked with coins in a museum when I was of working age, so the term tells you something about me rather than the objects themselves.

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on September 09, 2023, 06:39:36 AM" coin-like objects " ... That's interesting term - I would just call them Medals ...

BrontoScorpio

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: