News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How these figures look together? [Comparison Thread]

Started by kreativtek, November 22, 2015, 07:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

I could have sworn that top photo was a comparison with a repainted Haolonggood Tyrannosaurus. Like you said, the resemblance is there for sure.

Good catch S @SidB

Speaking of this Haolonggood Tyrannosaurus, can anyone post comparison pictures with this figure and Haolonggood's other lineup? Preferably their Pachyrhinosaurus compared to it please!

SidB

Quote from: Bread on September 20, 2023, 04:02:06 AMI could have sworn that top photo was a comparison with a repainted Haolonggood Tyrannosaurus. Like you said, the resemblance is there for sure.

Good catch S @SidB

Speaking of this Haolonggood Tyrannosaurus, can anyone post comparison pictures with this figure and Haolonggood's other lineup? Preferably their Pachyrhinosaurus compared to it please!
I have mine at hand, avatar_Bread @Bread , so here are three quick pics -

Bread

You know what? If this figure had lips, smaller scales, and less of those large scutes, this could be an ideal Tyrannosaurus. Looks pretty good with the rest of the Haolonggood assortment. Thanks SidB!

SidB

Quote from: Bread on September 20, 2023, 12:25:06 PMYou know what? If this figure had lips, smaller scales, and less of those large scutes, this could be an ideal Tyrannosaurus. Looks pretty good with the rest of the Haolonggood assortment. Thanks SidB!
You're welcome and yes, it was a bit of a temptation to send it away to get 'lipped', but sanity prevailed and I'm keeping it as an 'historical moment'. It does have its virtues.

oscars_dinos

Anyone have any pics of hallongood figures that best fit in with pnso figures

Paleo Flo

Great to see them all together! I own the red Ouranosaurus and I must say...it's one of my fav models now.
I also like the Kiwi-Pachyrhino, the Fever-Penta and the Crunch-Edmontonia.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

SidB

Quote from: Paleo Flo on September 21, 2023, 06:06:04 AMGreat to see them all together! I own the red Ouranosaurus and I must say...it's one of my fav models now.

HLG is getting to the point, if not quite there yet, of reaching a critical mass, number and quality-wise, where it's going to be the equal of the big boys - PNSO, and Safari. The declining Papo and Schleich are hardly in the picture anymore, IMO, and Vitae and Battat are no more as active producers.

SidB

Quote from: oscars_dinos on September 20, 2023, 05:07:43 PMAnyone have any pics of hallongood figures that best fit in with pnso figures
Do you have any in mind, specifically, avatar_oscars_dinos @oscars_dinos ?

Paleo Flo

Quote from: SidB on September 21, 2023, 12:57:24 PM
Quote from: Paleo Flo on September 21, 2023, 06:06:04 AMGreat to see them all together! I own the red Ouranosaurus and I must say...it's one of my fav models now.

HLG is getting to the point, if not quite there yet, of reaching a critical mass, number and quality-wise, where it's going to be the equal of the big boys - PNSO, and Safari. The declining Papo and Schleich are hardly in the picture anymore, IMO, and Vitae and Battat are no more as active producers.

That's the way it is 8)
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

postsaurischian

Quote from: oscars_dinos on September 20, 2023, 05:07:43 PMAnyone have any pics of hallongood figures that best fit in with pnso figures

These for example?

SidB

The new PNSO lipped Yangchuanosaurus, taking part in a midnight chase of a Chungkingosaurus along with it's two predecessors, including a mini, from PNSO.

Interestingly, the considerably larger, original one also possesses lips, a practice that PNSO discontinued until now.

Concavenator

Could someone get me a comparison of the 1:18 BotM Velociraptor mongoliensis alongside Safari's Deinonychus, Utahraptor and Microraptor please?

Thanks in advance!  :)

SidB

Updated pic of the three PNSO Yangchuanosaurs -

SidB

Three Ampellosaurs, the new HLG 'black' figure, PNSO mini and the old CollectA. Finally, a properly full-sized adult to replace the latter.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I know this is a bit of an odd request, but if anyone here has the papo ceratosaurus, would they be able to compare it to the pnso suchomimus, Wilson the Rex, the Rebor diplodocus, and/or any sort of 1:35 humanoid figure? My measurements from what I can tell come out to about 1:35 scale for the figure, but I want to be sure before picking it up.

Leyster

Has anybody a photo of the BOTM 1:18 Tyrannosaurus with Yutyrannus (or any other body 3 Tyrannosauroid, for the matter) in a standing, neutral pose? Like this picture more or less. I'd like a comparison with both on the same plane (which I couldn't find in Creative Beasts site gallery, one figure is always closer to the camera than the other and this makes them hard to compare).

https://imgur.com/MYVJVo6
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Concavenator

Could anybody take a pic of the BotM Guanlong (or any other Body 1 tyrannosauroid, for that matter, like Proceratosaurus or Suskityrannus) with the Safari Deinonychus, please? Thanks in advance.

Lynx

Does anyone have a comparison image of the Papo Brachiosaurus with the Papo baryonyx or stegosaurus? Thanks!
An oversized house cat.

Faelrin

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I can try to get to it tomorrow, if no one beats me to the punch. I just need to have the energy to dig out the Deinonychus, but I do have both on hand. I presume this is to get an idea of how big the upcoming Cyberzoic Deinonychus is, since it was shown side by side with the Guanlong?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Well, if you're able to, I would appreciate that!

Hehe you read my mind.  ;)  Based on the measurements I've read, the Safari Deinonychus is supposed to be a bit bigger than the BotM Guanlong, which in turn is also a bit bigger than the Cyberzoic Deinonychus. So I'm thinking I might replace the Safari Deinonychus with either the Cyberzoic or the BotM Deinonychus, as that would allow me to save a bit of space. That's also the reason why I'll probably be replacing the Safari Velociraptor with the 1/18 BotM. I love those Safari figures, but I make no exceptions to my 1 model/genus rule. Now that I think about it, I think said Creative Beast figures will display so nicely next to each other, both being in the same scale. David said he would post a pic of those 2 together, so I'm looking forward to that (plus the Utahraptor too, but in this case I plan to go with Safari's since it's smaller and it's also a stellar figure).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: