News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Kuraro on November 05, 2023, 03:48:35 AMIs the Zuul available on AliExpress? Can't find it( MyOnlineToyShop or PNSO official
Usually PNSO figures are only sold in the Official Store and Jurassic Zoo Store (I think Lana's AE site). By the time only the latter one has it yet. Kinda' strange tbh...
First, they begin their sales in China and Lana publishes their models on their websites. Later on, PNSO makes their model available worldwide on Amazon and AliExpress. That has been the regular schedule since I've been into this. (~2 years by now) :-\
**At least I hope these unpublished models (Zuul and Y. magnus) end up getting into 11:11 sale. I expect to order Saurophaganax and Zuul.

postsaurischian

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on November 05, 2023, 05:13:06 AM
Quote from: Kuraro on November 05, 2023, 03:48:35 AMIs the Zuul available on AliExpress? Can't find it( MyOnlineToyShop or PNSO official
Usually PNSO figures are only sold in the Official Store and Jurassic Zoo Store (I think Lana's AE site). By the time only the latter one has it yet. Kinda' strange tbh...
First, they begin their sales in China and Lana publishes their models on their websites. Later on, PNSO makes their model available worldwide on Amazon and AliExpress. That has been the regular schedule since I've been into this. (~2 years by now) :-\

That's because LanaTime starts offering new figures as pre-orders, while PNSO's official store doesn't start offering before they have them in stock.
 MyOnlineToyShop also sells PNSO figures - but not to every country.

Renecito

Samuel the Alamosaurus

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Samrukia

Bread

Renecito not sure if you're photos are working for me at least. I think you used a twitter link, that doesn't have a .jpg

Edit: I removed my images, Samrukia beat me to it. Thank you Samrukia!

I'm glad PNSO are giving the attention to herbivores again.

Renecito

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Samrukia

such a beauty,

now i hope Haolonggood's upcoming model is not Alamosaurus

Faelrin

That's one of the most beautiful sauropod figures I've ever seen. Looks like PNSO is continuing the lip trend here too.

Edit: The one pic with the box shows it as a Living Animal Model. Oops lol. That said the other shows it as a Prehistoric Animal Model.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Cretaceous Crab

Ahh crap. It's gorgeous.

28.5 cm = 11 inches tall. So this will not be 1:35 scale, more like 1:55-ish

SRF

This one is going to cost me some money I guess. Gorgeous figure.
But today, I'm just being father

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: Faelrin on November 05, 2023, 12:22:49 PMThat's one of the most beautiful sauropod figures I've ever seen. Looks like PNSO is continuing the lip trend here too.
Looking at the close up head picture from Paleofiguras, I do spot some teeth peeking out. Given the dimensions, can anyone give a quick estimate regarding this figure's scale?

* (It's locked.)

Flaffy

Glad to see the theropod streak coming to an end ;)

Alamosaurus! A species that's been sorely missing from my collection, never bothered with the miniscule CollectA version. I dare say this is the best giant titanosaur model on the market, and could reasonably stand in for other species of giant titanosaurs in the meantime like Patagotitan and Dreadnoughtus.

My only gripes with the figure are the presence of well developed thumb spikes and lack of lips. I thought PNSO was done with their lipless phase? ???

thomasw100

What a wonderful sauropod model. Too bad that it is not in 1:35 scale. Now lets see if the large sauropod from Haolonggood will be Alamosaurus as well. Then this PNSO model could be used as juvenile along the larger adult.

Joel1905

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on November 05, 2023, 12:26:05 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on November 05, 2023, 12:22:49 PMThat's one of the most beautiful sauropod figures I've ever seen. Looks like PNSO is continuing the lip trend here too.
Looking at the close up head picture from Paleofiguras, I do spot some teeth peeking out. Given the dimensions, can anyone give a quick estimate regarding this figure's scale?

It could just have its mouth slightly open, however there was a paper a couple of years ago that suggested that Sauropod's psuedo-beaks would become worn at the edges over the years leaving the tips of the teeth slightly poking out, so I wouldn't see it as an issue.

bmathison1972

Darn, and here I thought I was going to get through 2023 without a PNSO purchase and along comes this gorgeous sauropod!

thomasw100

Quote from: Flaffy on November 05, 2023, 12:40:28 PMGlad to see the theropod streak coming to an end ;)

Alamosaurus! A species that's been sorely missing from my collection, never bothered with the miniscule CollectA version. I dare say this is the best giant titanosaur model on the market, and could reasonably stand in for other species of giant titanosaurs in the meantime like Patagotitan and Dreadnoughtus.

My only gripes with the figure are the presence of well developed thumb spikes and lack of lips. I thought PNSO was done with their lipless phase? ???

The sauropod book from Eofauna gives a length estimate along the spine (tip of snout to end of tail) of 26 meters. This would be about 74 centimeters in 1:35 scale and then approximately 60 centimeters as horizontal length.

About thumb spikes: The more evolved titanosaurs had lost the thumb spikes and the hand had changed from half-circle to a more pillar shaped outline. The skeletal reconstruction by Scott Hartman does not show thumb spikes as far as I can see (compare with the skeletal of Apatosaurus for example). So this is most likely correct.

Flaffy

Quote from: Joel1905 on November 05, 2023, 12:43:11 PMIt could just have its mouth slightly open, however there was a paper a couple of years ago that suggested that Sauropod's psuedo-beaks would become worn at the edges over the years leaving the tips of the teeth slightly poking out, so I wouldn't see it as an issue.

Just because the anterior regions were keratinised does not mean the teeth would've been hanging out as well. Sauropod teeth show no adaptions of being permanently exposed. The following reconstructions of Diplodocus's "pseudobeak" are far more convincing.

Flaffy

Quote from: thomasw100 on November 05, 2023, 12:49:00 PMAbout thumb spikes: The more evolved titanosaurs had lost the thumb spikes and the hand had changed from half-circle to a more pillar shaped outline. The skeletal reconstruction by Scott Hartman does not show thumb spikes as far as I can see (compare with the skeletal of Apatosaurus for example). So this is most likely correct.

I know that. I'm saying the PNSO errornously included a thumb spike. Probably an artefact of them referencing Gunnar's skeletal, but equally likely that PNSO just wasn't mediculous enough in their research (not the first time).

thomasw100

Quote from: Flaffy on November 05, 2023, 01:00:05 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on November 05, 2023, 12:49:00 PMAbout thumb spikes: The more evolved titanosaurs had lost the thumb spikes and the hand had changed from half-circle to a more pillar shaped outline. The skeletal reconstruction by Scott Hartman does not show thumb spikes as far as I can see (compare with the skeletal of Apatosaurus for example). So this is most likely correct.

I know that. I'm saying the PNSO errornously included a thumb spike. Probably an artefact of them referencing Gunnar's skeletal, but equally likely that PNSO just wasn't mediculous enough in their research (not the first time).

Hi there, on some of the release images it really looked like that there would not be the thumb spikes. You only see it clearly in some of these images. So this got me on the wrong train so to speak, sorry for misunderstanding and hence misrepresenting your post.

But this error by PNSO is a real bummer I must say. These things are easy to check and if even a Scott Hartman skeletal reconstruction is out there I cannot understand why PNSO got this wrong. Haolonggood has this correct on their sauropods so far, most of the resin models made by studios in China and sold through Lana Time Shop have it correct and the models of Paleokhris always have it correct.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: