News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

As far as I've seen there are various fragmentary individuals that give a relatively good idea of the post cranial skeleton but no good cranial remains yet.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Jose S.M. on November 06, 2023, 10:44:50 PMAs far as I've seen there are various fragmentary individuals that give a relatively good idea of the post cranial skeleton but no good cranial remains yet.
Indeed, according to Rubén D. F. Martínez, Matthew C. Lamanna, et.al. "A Basal Lithostrotian Titanosaur (Dinosauria: Sauropoda) with a Complete Skull: Implications for the Evolution and Paleobiology of Titanosauria"., titanosaur skulls are rare: "nearly complete skulls have been described for only four: Nemegtosaurus, Rapetosaurus, Sarmientosaurus, and Tapuiasaurus."
However, Alamosaurus sanjuanensis is one with the most abundant fossil record, as far as I remember.
I think stegosaurians are also very fragmentary and somewhat similar in appeareance, so as many other genera. But, here we are, admiring them and getting every year more studies than can tell us a bit more about them. avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator
** The last PNSO line of Tyrannosaurids could fit the meme too hehe

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: thomasw100 on November 06, 2023, 09:22:59 PM
Quote from: Tracewyrm! on November 06, 2023, 07:59:20 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on November 06, 2023, 07:53:01 PMOof $74.99 certainly is a price tag... Not unexpected though, still better value than Cameron ;)
Cameron becoming the mascot for PNSO's overpricing is funny seeing how the Tsintaosaurus is right there. At least you can vaguely argue that Cameron's bulk makes up for some of the lost value (not the best argument, but still an argument)
And Cameron comes with that T-rex skull as well. Same goes for the Triceratops. Torosaurus and Stegosaurus have babies included. Tsintaosaurus has no add-on. Yet it is a beautiful model.
..unless you count a big polygon base as an accessory, I guess? Honestly, the base feels like it was something they initially meant to include with a marine animal but got paired with the Tsintao to artifically raise the price. It even has little holes for support stands, which the Tsintaosaurus neither has nor needs.

Have to agree though. The Tsintaosaurus is such a good model, from the sculpt to the paintjob. Shame that the figure itself was undersized and the price was inflated.
* (It's locked.)

Halichoeres

An ornithischian and a sauropod...if they manage to release a non-dinosaur this year I can forgive the last year and change.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Im so tempted.
I been contemplating either the yangchuanosaurus or the saurophaganax.
Not to mention there's now a Spinosaurus in the works and we have this massive sauropod.
So many options

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on November 06, 2023, 07:59:20 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on November 06, 2023, 07:53:01 PMOof $74.99 certainly is a price tag... Not unexpected though, still better value than Cameron ;)
Cameron becoming the mascot for PNSO's overpricing is funny seeing how the Tsintaosaurus is right there. At least you can vaguely argue that Cameron's bulk makes up for some of the lost value (not the best argument, but still an argument)
obese all yesterdays ornithopod
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Bread

Just a heads up for those who haven't purchased any new PNSO items lately, Aliexpress 11/11 sale is starting in 4 days. It's advertised (and usually is) their biggest sale and mark downs of the year.

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on November 07, 2023, 12:47:38 AMIm so tempted.
Not to mention there's now a Spinosaurus in the works and we have this massive sauropod.
So many options
If you can, order from aliexpress during the sale of 11/11. You'll save money and possibly be able to get both for a really good price.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on November 07, 2023, 03:31:18 PMJust a heads up for those who haven't purchased any new PNSO items lately, Aliexpress 11/11 sale is starting in 4 days. It's advertised (and usually is) their biggest sale and mark downs of the year.

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on November 07, 2023, 12:47:38 AMIm so tempted.
So many options
If you can, order from aliexpress during the sale of 11/11. You'll save money and possibly be able to get both for a really good price.
I guess, I was hoping to get the review for the Yang, but thats preoccupied. Probably will order both on my birthday in July.

Concavenator

I wouldn't be surprised if their next releases featured more varied genera. Like, maybe we will be getting a hadrosaurid, a ceratopsid...

In particular, I have a gut feeling they will be releasing an Edmontosaurus soonish.

Carnoking

If history repeats itself, we're in for another museum line release for the holiday season.
If that is indeed the case, a big name like Edmontosaurus or Spinosaurus would not surprise me.

Pinbacker

Quote from: Carnoking on November 07, 2023, 05:34:38 PMIf history repeats itself, we're in for another museum line release for the holiday season.
If that is indeed the case, a big name like Edmontosaurus or Spinosaurus would not surprise me.

My guess is probably the Spinosaurus, we know it exists and its featuring in the video was probably an intentional tease. I feel like PNSO's goal for 2023 was to update the Big Three therapods.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Pinbacker on November 07, 2023, 07:29:50 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on November 07, 2023, 05:34:38 PMIf history repeats itself, we're in for another museum line release for the holiday season.

My guess is probably the Spinosaurus, we know it exists and its featuring in the video was probably an intentional tease. I feel like PNSO's goal for 2023 was to update the Big Three therapods.
Too bad two of those three arent going to have lips

Sim

Quote from: oscars_dinos on November 07, 2023, 08:49:29 PM
Quote from: Pinbacker on November 07, 2023, 07:29:50 PMMy guess is probably the Spinosaurus, we know it exists and its featuring in the video was probably an intentional tease. I feel like PNSO's goal for 2023 was to update the Big Three therapods.
I'm hoping three out of three won't have lips. 8)

thomasw100

Edomontosaurus would be a lovely surprise. This would essentially complete their lineup of the most iconic ornithopoda.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Sim on November 07, 2023, 09:29:19 PM
Quote from: Pinbacker on November 07, 2023, 07:29:50 PMMy guess is probably the Spinosaurus, we know it exists and its featuring in the video was probably an intentional tease. I feel like PNSO's goal for 2023 was to update the Big Three therapods.
To be honest, I'm kind of in the same boat, not for any aesthetic preference, but just concern that a lipped mouth may not close properly at such a small scale.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 07, 2023, 09:38:21 PM
To be honest, I'm kind of in the same boat, not for any aesthetic preference, but just concern that a lipped mouth may not close properly at such a small scale.

I will say if one of them isn't going to have lips I would be ok with it being spino... I kind of think they didn't have lips but I know that's grounds for a debate so ill just leave that there.

SenSx

Quote from: oscars_dinos on November 07, 2023, 10:22:19 PM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 07, 2023, 09:38:21 PM

I will say if one of them isn't going to have lips I would be ok with it being spino... I kind of think they didn't have lips but I know that's grounds for a debate so ill just leave that there.

I agree with that.
I'm totally on the lips side, but I can be ok with Spinosaurs not having them.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

For me it's 50/50, and really depends on just how aquatic spino's lifestyle turns out to be. If it turns out spend most of its time in the water, either chasing or ambushing fish, it had a good chance of losing lips. On the other hand, if it turns out to have been more of a wader, only swimming to get from place to place, lips would imo be more likely.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Personally I'm in the mostly aquatic camp, which would imply that it may have lost lips to help better grip fish. The way spino's teeth splay out to the side and interlock also imply less, if any, oral tissues, so to me it seems most likely that the back of its jaw was still lipped, but the tissues receded as you moved towards the tip.

Rayeknor

I was also under the impression Alamosaurus was fragmentary, with only the tail being fully preserved? And obviously enough material to know it had somewhat long limbs, short body as in giraffatitan vs brachiosaurus.

Looking at this PNSO model it does strike me as the giraffatitan of the large titanosaurs vs say patagotitan:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: