News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinbacker

Quote from: Duna on November 24, 2023, 03:22:30 PMIt's very cool. There are more pictures by Paleofiguras in Facebook, I thought the neck was a bit thin, but it's not, it's very proportionate. A gracile figure.
I'll change my Safari version for one of these, I have to choose which colour ...

These look great! I ordered the green one, I think the darker colors really look good on this Baryonyx. I agree, the sculpt is very gracile.

Dilophosaurus_8o

I've always wanted a good Baryonyx figure, a few years ago I ended up buying the schleich version from my local toy store, and it's a fine figure. The safari and collectA versions always seemed to dull to me, but now I can finally add a good representation of this animal to my collection! :D
I've been sleeping in a cardboard box, spending every dollar at the liquor shop, but even though I know I haven't got a lot, I'll try to give you love until the day you drop

SidB

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 24, 2023, 01:01:10 PMNice, but I'll stick with Safari
Me too, especially w/o the articulation. Watson did a great job with this figure.

Flaffy

Quote from: SidB on November 24, 2023, 04:28:19 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 24, 2023, 01:01:10 PMNice, but I'll stick with Safari
Me too, especially w/o the articulation. Watson did a great job with this figure.

Just wish the Safari version had more teeth on the upper jaw...

Credit: Paleo-nerd

HLG's version as pointed out by L @Leyster seems to follow Hartman's skeletal closely. I personally would've liked to see more bulk on the figure, but the figure works as a very conservative reconstruction.

Pliosaurking

I don't really know if I should replace my safari figure or not, I still do quite like that figure. This HGL one is definitely giving it a run for it's money though...

thomasw100

If we look at the second half of 2023 we have an interesting dynamics going on between Haolonggood and PNSO. First, they appear to be competing heads on with models of the same species few times now, examples being Carnotaurus, Allosaurus, Alamosaurus, Daspletosaurus. Second, PNSO after more than 15 months of producing just theropods has returned to make some herbivores. Conversely, Haolongood initially produced mostly herbivores, but recently they are releasing more theropods than herbivores. If one had the impression that both companies would establish their ecological niche in the market, this is all fluid now. PNSO probably believed that they are the one and only company that can produce the top theropod models. This has now been challenged by some Haolonggood releases, in particular the Dilophosaurus and the Megaraptor. The next interesting development to see is how PNSO will react to Haolonggood producing larger sauropods. Will this trigger a race about producing the best sauropod models? Another interesting question will be if Haolonggood will be able to produce a theropod with feathers that will match the excellent feathered theropods that PNSO has produced so far. Their Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus are in my view the best representation of feathered theropods that I have seen so far.

Halichoeres

Not bad, but there's a lot of good Baryonyx figures, and lots of good spinosaurids more generally, so I'll skip these.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DefinitelyNOTDilo

V @vampiredesign bary looks amazing! Probably my favorite figure of the genus so far. I have a couple questions however, is this the surprise you mentioned earlier? And have you considered doing a dromaeosaurid like Utahraptor or an ornithomimid like Gallimimus? Imo both groups are sorely underrepresented and your Dilophosaurus pair proves you can do small species without issue.

Concavenator

That's a fine Baryonyx. If I was interested in getting one, this HLG is the one I'd get I think. But Suchomimus is a similar enough animal that I don't feel the need to have both it AND Baryonyx, and I'd rather have the former. So I still plan on getting the brilliant PNSO Suchomimus. Anyways, HLG keeps getting better at theropods.

Quote from: SenSx on November 24, 2023, 07:57:02 AMI wonder if there are anymore Haolong surprise releases before the end of the year?

I'm wondering the same.

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 25, 2023, 07:51:44 AMV @vampiredesign bary looks amazing! Probably my favorite figure of the genus so far. I have a couple questions however, is this the surprise you mentioned earlier? And have you considered doing a dromaeosaurid like Utahraptor or an ornithomimid like Gallimimus? Imo both groups are sorely underrepresented and your Dilophosaurus pair proves you can do small species without issue.

Yes!! As you mention, the Dilophosaurus is exactly the proof that they can do smallish species at 1:35 scale. And count me in for a Gallimimus too!  :)

EuropaSuchus

Baryonyx is ok, but have to say it too, neck looks very thin and I'd prefer more meaty look. Also, not a fan of osteoderm-like things, imo, they shouldn't be placed unless they are found, these things probably weren't common among theropods. Otherwise looks nice, probably a best Baryonyx yet.

EuropaSuchus

Quote from: Concavenator on November 25, 2023, 12:11:35 PMThat's a fine Baryonyx. If I was interested in getting one, this HLG is the one I'd get I think. But Suchomimus is a similar enough animal that I don't feel the need to have both it AND Baryonyx, and I'd rather have the former. So I still plan on getting the brilliant PNSO Suchomimus. Anyways, HLG keeps getting better at theropods.

Quote from: SenSx on November 24, 2023, 07:57:02 AMI wonder if there are anymore Haolong surprise releases before the end of the year?

I'm wondering the same.

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 25, 2023, 07:51:44 AMV @vampiredesign bary looks amazing! Probably my favorite figure of the genus so far. I have a couple questions however, is this the surprise you mentioned earlier? And have you considered doing a dromaeosaurid like Utahraptor or an ornithomimid like Gallimimus? Imo both groups are sorely underrepresented and your Dilophosaurus pair proves you can do small species without issue.

Yes!! As you mention, the Dilophosaurus is exactly the proof that they can do smallish species at 1:35 scale. And count me in for a Gallimimus too!  :)
Gallimimus is a fantasic idea, ornithomimids have very few figures. Also, Gallimimus is probably one of the few "ostrich dinosaurs" that is big enough to fit in 1:35 scale and not be too small.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Flaffy on October 31, 2023, 07:08:44 PMThe figures have masculine and feminine titles/names for each variant, so the intent is for this to be a male/female pair. Of course that's not to say one can't have their own headcannons for their own copies.

Bumping this older post to ask: can anyone confirm which names go to which individuals? The Amazon page translates them as Sun Xin + Gu da sao (brown) and Wang Ying + Hu Sang Niang (blue/yellow). I'd like to confirm if these are the best translations and which are masculine or feminine.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Fembrogon on November 27, 2023, 11:53:13 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on October 31, 2023, 07:08:44 PMThe figures have masculine and feminine titles/names for each variant, so the intent is for this to be a male/female pair. Of course that's not to say one can't have their own headcannons for their own copies.

Bumping this older post to ask: can anyone confirm which names go to which individuals? The Amazon page translates them as Sun Xin + Gu da sao (brown) and Wang Ying + Hu Sang Niang (blue/yellow). I'd like to confirm if these are the best translations and which are masculine or feminine.

I think the standing one is male going by the cloaca? It resembles some male reptiles.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Next product... Edmontosaurus???
 ;D
Sorry for not getting a direct image here, my own account is on my laptop.
I'll wait this theropod series and save for both Edmontosaurus and Alamosaurus.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Lessgoo! Super pumped, here hoping it's scaled to a 15-meter bull. But honestly as long as it can hold up in size to my pnso wilson I'll be satisfied.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sweet. I'm ready to be impressed! lol

suspsy

Wish it was Corythosaurus instead.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

dragon53

Will the Haolonggood Alamosaurus be bigger than the PNSO Alamosaurus?

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: dragon53 on November 28, 2023, 03:16:03 PMWill the Haolonggood Alamosaurus be bigger than the PNSO Alamosaurus?
Yes, by far. The PNSO Alamosaurus is about 1:55 scale, while the HaoLongGood one is going to be about 78 cm length and 38 cm high, giving a good estimate of 1:35 as far as I know.

Dusty Wren

Quote from: suspsy on November 28, 2023, 01:05:00 PMWish it was Corythosaurus instead.

Me, too, but this year has been an absolute desert for hadrosaurs, so I'll take what I can get.
Check out my customs thread!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: