News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: Lynx on November 30, 2023, 02:27:16 PMI thought that paper wasn't really final? (when it comes to Oxalaia)
A final conclusion on whether Oxalaia and Sigilmassasaurus are Spinosaurus can't be made with the available material.  That paper is just the opinion of a few palaeontologists, others have published papers which come to the opposite conclusion.

Quote from: Concavenator on November 30, 2023, 10:37:34 AMI would much rather have an Edmontosaurus instead, which is also an iconic animal and we have a pretty solid understanding of it.
You're not satisfied with the 2020 Safari or the CollectA version?  Well, Haolonggood is making one so maybe that one will satisfy you.

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on November 30, 2023, 04:55:04 PMYou're not satisfied with the 2020 Safari or the CollectA version?  Well, Haolonggood is making one so maybe that one will satisfy you.

The Safari is missing the hoof (not their fault, of course). The CollectA incorporates it, but has pronated hands. The pronated hands on the CollectA don't bother me too much, but in addition, the scales on its body (I'm not referring to the ones on the neck) are a bit oversized for me. I still like it and it's the one I'd get if I was to get an Edmontosaurus right now, but knowing HLG is making one, I'd rather wait and see how theirs turns out. I'm not in a hurry, after all. It's highly likely PNSO will make one too, and I think that will also be a really good Edmontosaurus. And...  I also think it's very likely Eofauna's next ornithischian will be an Edmontosaurus;D Right now, I'd rather wait and see what Eofauna's next ornithischian is to check my hypothesis, but in case they don't end up making one, I wouldn't say no to a really good Edmontosaurus by HLG or PNSO!

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Concavenator on November 30, 2023, 04:42:24 PMavatar_Quiversaurus @Quiversaurus avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum beat me to it. Personally, I would avoid using Sci-Hub though. There's a lot of controversy around it and I'm not sure using it is legal to begin with. avatar_Quiversaurus @Quiversaurus , if you're in university, you may have access to the paper on ScienceDirect. I have access to it and can forward it to you if you PM me your e-mail. But looks like you accessed to it already?
The controversy goes around accessibility in science in developing countries, as my University can't bear every subscription due to its excessive costs, Sci-hub has proven to be resourceful as a way of breaking barriers in scientific research. But is a matter of moral taste I guess.

Sim

Quote from: Concavenator on November 30, 2023, 05:16:57 PMIt's highly likely PNSO will make one too, and I think that will also be a really good Edmontosaurus. And...  I also think it's very likely Eofauna's next ornithischian will be an Edmontosaurus;D
Oh please no!

Concavenator

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on November 30, 2023, 05:22:56 PMThe controversy goes around accessibility in science in developing countries, as my University can't bear every subscription due to its excessive costs, Sci-hub has proven to be resourceful as a way of breaking barriers in scientific research. But is a matter of moral taste I guess.

I see your point, and I actually think the idea behind Sci-Hub is good, it's just that I would be careful when it comes to using it because I'm not really sure it is legal. So yeah, I would resort to other alternatives if I could, simply on a legal basis.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Concavenator on November 30, 2023, 05:35:28 PM
Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on November 30, 2023, 05:22:56 PMThe controversy goes around accessibility in science in developing countries, as my University can't bear every subscription due to its excessive costs, Sci-hub has proven to be resourceful as a way of breaking barriers in scientific research. But is a matter of moral taste I guess.

I see your point, and I actually think the idea behind Sci-Hub is good, it's just that I would be careful when it comes to using it because I'm not really sure it is legal. So yeah, I would resort to other alternatives if I could, simply on a legal basis.
Yeah, that's another good point. Its safer, but for journals outside the scope of your own resources, it helps. (I'm from another scientific area, so the accessibility for this topic is limited for me.) Just a balance of both worlds, maybe.

Pinbacker

Quote from: Sim on November 30, 2023, 04:55:04 PM
Quote from: Lynx on November 30, 2023, 02:27:16 PMI thought that paper wasn't really final? (when it comes to Oxalaia)
A final conclusion on whether Oxalaia and Sigilmassasaurus are Spinosaurus can't be made with the available material.  That paper is just the opinion of a few palaeontologists, others have published papers which come to the opposite conclusion.

Exactly, from what I have read the jury is still out regarding the Oxalaia=Spinosaurus debate, due to very scant remains. All we really know is that it was a large spinosaurid, with jaw material similar to Spinosaurus. Nothing is conclusive, but it still remains a valid genus. Hopefully more fossil material will be discovered in the future

Concavenator

P @Pinbacker Yeah, the available remains certainly don't help, and while it is true we shouldn't take papers as the absolute truth, Oxalaia being Spinosaurus is still supported by a scientific paper. So at least the idea cannot be discarded, for the moment anyways.

Prehistory Resurrection

TlatolophusJuanorum

Earlier this day I finally got my Zuul and my first Museum Line dinosaur: Biber & bebe (Rook) :)

what a happy face!

so each family grows! (Darth Vader and Obi Wan for reference)

Definitely worth the 11:11 sale, they're both awesome.  ;D

dragon53

Halichoeres

That Zuul looks pretty great! Mine hasn't shipped yet but I'm looking forward to it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 03, 2023, 05:17:01 AMThat Zuul looks pretty great! Mine hasn't shipped yet but I'm looking forward to it.
Thank you! it is really a small beauty  :) it will surely worth the wait!

Duna

Last week I received the first PNSO figure I've bought in a while (I have to be very selective now) but I couldn't pass this one, because THIS is the Allosaurus Saurophaganax I was waiting for!!  ^-^ Believe me, it's an amazing figure, the lips make the difference between night and day. It just looks like a real animal strolling in its habitat, looking for something to eat.
The pose is very good and very stable. The open mouth looks very nice too.
Sorry about the quality of the pics, they don't make any justice to it.

Look at this very rich paint scheme, full of colours: a bit of magenta, greens, greys, browns ...

ceratopsian

I hadn't realised how rich the colour scheme is, avatar_Duna @Duna. Thank you!

Kuraro

When theese little gyes will be available in PNSO Official Store (Ali) =(((

Bread

Very annoyed with PNSO's Aliexpress store at the moment.

Lost package in transit, in a completely different country. My local delivery service does not have package, shows to be in different country.

I filed for a refund. Was told to check with my local delivery company again. Told nothing changed. Aliexpress said I probably won't get a refund since the package is technically with a local delivery company (which it is not), and offered me $1 off my next order >:(

Apologies for what seems like an angry post. It's more so frustrating really. I will probably post the same thing in feedback thread. Anyone else experience this?

ceratopsian

No, but it sounds horrendous.

I would go back and say it is in a different country and therefore they are wrong saying it's with a local delivery company.

Is there a way of escalating your complaint avatar_Bread @Bread??

Quote from: Bread on December 05, 2023, 01:00:51 PMVery annoyed with PNSO's Aliexpress store at the moment.

Lost package in transit, in a completely different country. My local delivery service does not have package, shows to be in different country.

I filed for a refund. Was told to check with my local delivery company again. Told nothing changed. Aliexpress said I probably won't get a refund since the package is technically with a local delivery company (which it is not), and offered me $1 off my next order >:(

Apologies for what seems like an angry post. It's more so frustrating really. I will probably post the same thing in feedback thread. Anyone else experience this?

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 05, 2023, 01:36:37 PMNo, but it sounds horrendous.

I would go back and say it is in a different country and therefore they are wrong saying it's with a local delivery company.

So I have shown proof initially when filing for the refund that it is in a different country and the aliexpress tracking is incorrect regarding the insistence that it is in my local delivery company.

I provided screenshots from other online tracking information, and it shows it to be in a different country, which the various logistics sites I use are usually more accurate than aliexpress', plus they match to eachother where as aliexpress is different.

I think what's more frustrating is the fact that the first response for the initial refund dispute was super fast telling me they couldn't refund it and I need to contact my local delivery company. Meanwhile after sending a large amount of information to dispute their claims has yet to be answered.

This is a haul of multiple figures unfortunately. And I probably won't order through PNSO's Aliexpress store again for a while now.

ceratopsian

avatar_Bread @Bread - look at the Help section right at the bottom of the AliExpress screen.  There is a "disputes and reports" option you can click on.  This brings up "If you encounter any issues, we encourage you to contact the seller(or the buyer) first. If you can't reach an agreement, you can apply for a refund by opening a dispute."  Below that there is an "open dispute" button.  Worth a try??

Quote from: Bread on December 05, 2023, 01:56:29 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on December 05, 2023, 01:36:37 PMNo, but it sounds horrendous.

So I have shown proof initially when filing for the refund that it is in a different country and the aliexpress tracking is incorrect regarding the insistence that it is in my local delivery company.

I provided screenshots from other online tracking information, and it shows it to be in a different country, which the various logistics sites I use are usually more accurate than aliexpress', plus they match to eachother where as aliexpress is different.

I think what's more frustrating is the fact that the first response for the initial refund dispute was super fast telling me they couldn't refund it and I need to contact my local delivery company. Meanwhile after sending a large amount of information to dispute their claims has yet to be answered.

This is a haul of multiple figures unfortunately. And I probably won't order through PNSO's Aliexpress store again for a while now.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: