News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Mattyonyx on December 06, 2023, 10:18:08 PM
Quote from: Sim on December 06, 2023, 07:18:32 PMI've just seen on Paleofiguras's Facebook page that those images are part of a PNSO survey which asks, if PNSO makes a new museum line Spinosaurus, what would you like it to come with, a baby, a skull or prey?  avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres, I thought this might interest you?  Personally, I don't care what it comes with, I just want the Spinosaurus.  I wonder if it will be a little while before it's released though, if PNSO is doing this survey.

Is there an actual survey/poll?
Officially no, but Paleofiguras made a post related to the last leaked footage of their new Spinosaurus sculpt. I don't see PNSO doing that kind of social media interactions, as Haolonggood does. (At least in the near time.)

Bread

I'm hoping for the baby Spinosaurus, I find the skulls to be "meh" kind of hard to place on my shelf.

postosuchus

Quote from: LucasLiu on December 06, 2023, 06:40:57 PM
I'm all for the baby Spinosaurus! I would also be in favor of producing both Spinosaurus growth stages (baby/juvenile) shown in the picture!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Definitely prefer the juveniles.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on December 06, 2023, 07:18:32 PMI've just seen on Paleofiguras's Facebook page that those images are part of a PNSO survey which asks, if PNSO makes a new museum line Spinosaurus, what would you like it to come with, a baby, a skull or prey?  avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres, I thought this might interest you?  Personally, I don't care what it comes with, I just want the Spinosaurus.  I wonder if it will be a little while before it's released though, if PNSO is doing this survey.
Thanks for the ping, Sim! It doesn't look like a very official poll, but might be worth my two cents. If they make a fish, I hope they'd do a better job than the mangled sawfish that came with the original Essien. The shark in the image would do nicely, maybe Haimirichia?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Quiversaurus

Quote from: postosuchus on December 07, 2023, 12:01:34 AM
Quote from: LucasLiu on December 06, 2023, 06:40:57 PM
I'm all for the baby Spinosaurus! I would also be in favor of producing both Spinosaurus growth stages (baby/juvenile) shown in the picture!

Definitely the baby/juveniles for me too. I was so happy with their Museum Line Stegosaurus pairing, plus it adds further scale comparison! A baby Spinosaurus would make this purchase a lot more appealing for me.

Pliosaurking

If they add one of these items depending on how it looks, the actual size of the spino, and the cost I may get this even with the Mesozoic life one otw.

Takama

A fish for the Spinosaurus to prey on

Either a native Coelocanth species or Onchopristis

Blade-of-the-Moon

I feel like fish are pretty common with spinosaurus. Probably I could get a shark or fish replica to go with them from somewhere?

Stegotyranno420

Sure they can go with another Onchopristis...or they can do something unique?

Nyrorosaurus

A small plesiosaur could be interesting prey, à la this art by Andrey Atuchin

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Nyrorosaurus on December 07, 2023, 04:20:59 AMA small plesiosaur could be interesting prey, à la this art by Andrey Atuchin

God what I'd give for a 1:35 leptocleidid figure. Genuinely considering commissioning one from someone like Paleokhris, even if it would be expensive.

Pliosaurking

Concavenator

I don't care for whichever accesory because I'm not even interested in Spinosaurus itself. One accesory I would like to see included more often (not just referring to PNSO, but in general) is a figure of a human to scale. Like the man that's included with CollectA's Deluxe figures, or the old Replica-Saurus series by Schleich. Would be great to give a sense of the size of the animal in question. Personally, I find that much more valuable than a figure of a baby, a skull or a prey. If I was interested in the Spino, I'd rather nothing of that was included and the figure was more affordable, which for a Museum Line figure as it will surely be, wouldn't be a bad idea.

The adult Spinosaurus will be speculative enough, let alone the baby.  :P

edu

Wouldn't be a baby 100% speculative? Is there something to draw from, may be other in spinosauridae?

Bread

Quote from: edu on December 07, 2023, 12:10:26 PMWouldn't be a baby 100% speculative? Is there something to draw from, may be other in spinosauridae?
I feel like Spinosaurus is still heavily speculative, so a baby wouldn't cause a greater impact.

atrashbug

Quote from: Concavenator on December 07, 2023, 10:43:02 AMI don't care for whichever accesory because I'm not even interested in Spinosaurus itself. One accesory I would like to see included more often (not just referring to PNSO, but in general) is a figure of a human to scale. Like the man that's included with CollectA's Deluxe figures, or the old Replica-Saurus series by Schleich. Would be great to give a sense of the size of the animal in question. Personally, I find that much more valuable than a figure of a baby, a skull or a prey.

Was actually recently searching for human figures in 1/35-1/38 scale as I realized my Transformers figures are very roughly in a similar scale and I wanted to compare them all together (any suggestions?). Honestly i'm all for this or at least wish a company would produce a small set of human figures for this very purpose.

Carnoking

Three new PNSO friends, with two more on the way!

Nice to finally have a good Megalosaurus in the collection, although I'm a little disappointed because it seems whoever painted mine was a bit stingy with his blue highlights.

Spoiler

Here he is with Connor.

And one of the other ones to start it all!

Plus the obligatory T. rex comparison.

[close]

Next up is Dayong! Nice to see some luscious lips on a PNSO model  :-*

(Although the seal on mine is less than perfect)

Spoiler

Still love the OG Dayong for that splendid paint job though

\

And he had lips before it was cool  ;)

Er-ma, no!

[close]

The real show-stealer here, however, is Donald. It's amazing how lifelike the addition of lips makes this figure feel.

Spoiler

Case in point, Donald and Connor.

And to a lesser extent, Donald and Paul.

And boy does he look fantastic alongside the herbivores of my Jurassic collection.

Easily one of the best models of the year, and one of the best PNSO has done, period.

[close]

All in all, a pretty great trio of newcomers!

suspsy

On the one hand, I really wish PNSO had started doing lips on their theropods way sooner. As in before they released Cameron and all those other tyrannosaurs.

On the other hand, I still probably would have balked at the prices tags.  :-\
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: