You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna Scientific Research - New for 2023

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 08, 2022, 07:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

The Eofauna Tyrannosaurus colouration does look like that of the Favorite Tyrannosaurus, BotM Tarbosaurus and also the Schleich Tarbosaurus.  Maybe due to that it doesn't generate much of a reaction from me, even though it is impressive.

Quote from: Concavenator on December 01, 2023, 05:07:51 PMThis is also why I was posting the news on the Eofauna general thread instead.
That's a good idea, although I would be happy if no-one posted in that thread again as the member who started it was very offensive to me and stargatedalek, and every time I see the Eofauna general discussion thread posted in I'm reminded of that incident.  Perhaps someone could start a new Eofauna general discussion thread?

PrimevalRaptor

Looking forward to some more angles but this looks really great, love the colors after all those brown and green T.rex models out there, reminds me a lot of the Battat one.

Tracewyrm!

This figure is looking very promising! Might have to wait for more pictures to really make up my mind but this is certaintly on my radar now. Definitely one of the better Tyrannosaurus figures I've seen so far.
* (It's locked.)

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Abobo on December 01, 2023, 09:55:04 AM

#Eofauna Tyrannosaurus SUE
Material: PVC
Tamaño: 34cm. Largo x 13 cm Alto.
Escala: 1:35

Well look who's finally ready to drop :)

This paint scheme is better than what I expected too...

I can't wait to so more pictures of this beast from different angles and with the jaws closed, this will be an instant add to my Eofauna collection...

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Gwangi on December 01, 2023, 01:11:10 PMThere's only one picture to judge it by so my opinion might change but I like it more than PNSO's and Rebor's T. rex. I don't have either of those so I'll very likely get this one to be the accurate T. rex in my collection.

The price is good on this figure too, by the time some folks added lips to their PNSO they must've been in the $150-$175 dollar range plus shipping for repaint and everything else, this guy is going to sell with lips included and a very creative paint scheme for a whopping $39 bucks!!!

at that price I might buy a second one just to tinker with the paint a bit, maybe add a layer of red dry brushing to the face/snout area...

I noticed it has some very subtle light colored stripes on the back  that remind me of what they did with the Altasaurus which is still one of my All-time favorite figures regardless of brand or species...this is so much better than the Giganotosaurus.  I think it will look awesome when posed opposite of the Eofauna Triceratops.

LucasLiu

ceratopsian

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: LucasLiu on December 02, 2023, 10:44:35 PM$39??

$39.99 to be exact, available on pre-order from Dan's right now...

Faelrin

I mean I still want to wait for in hand pics, and/or video review, but $40 is a great deal compared to some of the other options out there. My concern is really the long term stability of it since they didn't give it a proper support rod. Might have to repurpose the BotM ones, PNSO, or something. But I'm also way behind on other things, so it could be ways off anyways.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Joliezac

A nice paint scheme and even better price. But I already have so many rexes.. I'm worried this one will warp. My poor Giganotosaurus from Eofauna doesn't stand at all anymore.

LucasLiu

Mellow Stego

The price fits right in with the rest of their figures. Hope we get more pics soon.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Lynx

Only 40 dollars for this quality? I'm definitely going to try to pick up this figure at some point!
An oversized house cat.

Flaffy

I'm wondering if it still has that overly tall chest from the initial digital renders.

Halichoeres

Definitely one of the nicer rex models out there. I've always liked Atuchin's color choices. Not really in the market for a rex myself, though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Duna

Quote from: Faelrin on December 02, 2023, 11:23:49 PMMy concern is really the long term stability of it since they didn't give it a proper support rod.
My Eofauna giganotosaurus is not only standing and perfectly balanced, but also it supports the Safari feathered rex that otherwise will be falling forward.

ceratopsian

Ambre

I think this will be my first Eofauna figure. It looks amazing and it being 1:35 scale makes it perfect !

Bread

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on December 02, 2023, 10:42:41 PMThe price is good on this figure too, by the time some folks added lips to their PNSO they must've been in the $150-$175 dollar range plus shipping for repaint and everything else, this guy is going to sell with lips included and a very creative paint scheme for a whopping $39 bucks!!!
Even if this (now completed) model was to be revealed before PNSO's Cameron, I would still send Cameron off to get lips + full repaint. The sheer size and presence of PNSO's Cameron really sways me to prefer it over Eofauna's.

Nonetheless still a good model especially for its price. Shame that PNSO continuously have their figures at such high price when Eofauna can push out a model like this for only $40, compared to PNSO's at $70...

Concavenator

And Eofauna figures are even cheaper here in Spain! I got the Giganotosaurus and the Atlasaurus both for 26 € (~ 24 $) each when they came out, and the Deinotherium for 22,50 € (~ 21 $)! Their pricing really is top notch.

Meanwhile, here the PNSO Pachycephalosaurus is 36 € (~ 40 $) and the PNSO Tsintaosaurus, 70 € (~ 77 $)...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: