News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

It does indeed look like you are in luck avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum!

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on December 03, 2023, 05:23:09 AM
Quote from: vampiredesign on December 03, 2023, 05:15:58 AMThank you for your attention. Don't worry, there are still several dishes left. Give me a hint that a duck looks a bit like a friend's avatar above^-^ I will take good photos to update your profile picture plan^-^

Whoooooooaaaaaaaa  :o  :o  :o
[after hype edit: so at least, it is a Parasaurolophini :) ]
[Second edit: it really is Tlatolophus aaaaaaaaaa]

Duna

Oh, what a lovely gentle giant!!  ^-^  ^-^ I must sell something to get the money to buy both the Apatosaurus and the Alamosaurus, but they are definitely in my buy list.

Last week I received these little figures and I'm so amazed by them they are sitting on my desk by now and not in the cabinet. I want to handle them every day. :))

The megaraptor was a love-at-first-sight when it was released and I wasn't wrong. What an amazing lad. The paint scheme is very complex, a lot of effort in such tiny figure. It's mostly grey, don't be tricked by my pictures because it appears blueish but it's not: it's GREY grey. Lots of greys, browns, copper, dark green ... The jaw articulation is one of the best I've ever seen, works nice opened and it's perfectly tight when closed. Look at the super sharp and LOOONG claws. And the pose! What a pose and so stable by the way!

I decided I needed a better carnotaurus and so I got this one, though smaller, it's soo good! It reminds me a lot of the Prehistoric Planet carnotaurus, because it's very well fed. The legs are appropiately long and muscular. I prefer in this showing it with the mouth open because I like to highlight its pointed short snout and I would have prefered it with lips as the one in PP.
I chose red because carnotauruses are always reddish, aren't they? ^-^

And these two I didn't hesitate to buy because I needed a more updated dilophosaurus (I like my Safari one but it's too small) and not one, but two! And what I love most about this pair is that they aren't the same figure in different poses, the sculpts are different, too! The standing one is more slender, slightly smaller and its tail is thinner on the base. The cloacas are different, too.

The blue one is of course my favourite, because it reminds me of my beloved male blue collared lizard. Yes, colourful reptiles can attenuate their colours when they want and camuflage very well, even in desertic dull habitats like my collared lizard.

Congratulations for the effort and detail invested in these little figures, I really love them all.

ceratopsian

My grey/blue Megaraptor arrived yesterday.  I was astonished by how stable it is - counterintuitive, but very true, as it stands on the solid tip of its toe, which functions like a leg in effect.  I haven't persuaded the jaw to open yet, but when it arrived the temperature was minus 3C - so cold I want it to warm up thoroughly before I attempt to open the jaw.  It didn't seem a good idea to try hot water treatment with so drastic a temperature difference!

Duna

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 03, 2023, 10:30:40 AMI haven't persuaded the jaw to open yet, but when it arrived the temperature was minus 3C - so cold I want it to warm up thoroughly before I attempt to open the jaw.  It didn't seem a good idea to try hot water treatment with so drastic a temperature difference!
Oh my, I wouldn't have think of that. Good warning.

ceratopsian

Perhaps I am being over-cautious avatar_Duna @Duna but better safe than sorry!

Quote from: Duna on December 03, 2023, 10:48:55 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on December 03, 2023, 10:30:40 AMI haven't persuaded the jaw to open yet, but when it arrived the temperature was minus 3C - so cold I want it to warm up thoroughly before I attempt to open the jaw.  It didn't seem a good idea to try hot water treatment with so drastic a temperature difference!
Oh my, I wouldn't have think of that. Good warning.

Quiversaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna Thank you for those shots and for the breakdown of how you feel about your new figures - the joy you have in them is quite contagious, I can't help but feel happy for you and your purchases. The Megaraptor's paint scheme does indeed look stellar, and I feel images online often don't give enough credit to HLG's paint schemes!

Concavenator

Not that I'm interested in this animal, but I find that Alamosaurus to be more impressive than PNSO's. It lacks the thumb claws, too, which is good. If I was a titanosaur fan I would be drooling over it.

And Tlatolophus!! If it's really coming, that would be interesting. I'm glad to see this beautiful hadrosaurid receiving more attention and finally getting a more widely available figure. I hope people will enjoy it. I pre-ordered the Ancestors Tlatolophus (yeah, haven't received it already...), and one of the reasons I went for it is because I didn't expect anyone else to tacke it. So I don't think I will be replacing it, but I could resort to HLG's if something goes wrong with my Ancestors order. Oh and avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I would love more hadrosaurs too (and ornithopods, broadly speaking)! Off the top of my head, Brachylophosaurus, Maiasaura and Tenontosaurus are crying for new figures!

avatar_Duna @Duna that's a cool batch you got there, congrats!

Ambre

I found this Twitter account. Does anyone know if they have any official association with Haolongood ?
https://twitter.com/zlx545721087

vampiredesign

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=282182604776381&set=pcb.282185001442808
https://twitter.com/zlx545721087/status/1731298079293550887/photo/1
https://www.instagram.com/p/C0ZFffQrnrW/
Work overtime and come up with a few color schemes for everyone to discuss.
I will rest on my colleague's account and he will give me feedback later.

Ambre

Quote from: vampiredesign on December 03, 2023, 01:21:52 PMhttps://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=282182604776381&set=pcb.282185001442808
https://twitter.com/zlx545721087/status/1731298079293550887/photo/1
https://www.instagram.com/p/C0ZFffQrnrW/

Well i got my answer pretty quickly. I have to say A and B have really interesting color schemes especially for a Sauropod

shahinos

Agreed, the blue looks amazing. Then B, C and D.

Actually, D ahead of C. C looks too much like a jigsaw puzzle!

thomasw100

I really like B and C most, not least because this would look compatible with the PNSO Alamosaurus. I think Haolonggod should offer one paint scheme that is compatible with the PNSO model. Many people will probably have already purchased the PNSO model by the time the Haolonggood model becomes available and would like to have both looking as part of the same herd. So not the same of course, but with some clearly recognizable similarities. I find that A looks weird for a sauropod, and feel the same about D.

SidB

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 03, 2023, 01:41:02 PMI really like B and C most, not least because this would look compatible with the PNSO Alamosaurus. I think Haolonggod should offer one paint scheme that is compatible with the PNSO model. Many people will probably have already purchased the PNSO model by the time the Haolonggood model becomes available and would like to have both looking as part of the same herd. So not the same of course, but with some clearly recognizable similarities. I find that A looks weird for a sauropod, and feel the same about D.
I find A and D quite striking, but I agree with you, having one that would be at least somewhat visually compatible with the PNSO one would be highly desirable.

thomasw100

Would very vivid skin colors of sauropods not attract predators? Of course this depends on the habitat but still I would feel that too vivid colors would seem not too plausible for sauropods. In particular juvenile individuals which had a very different lifestyle (hiding in forests and grass lands until they would have grown to size) than subadults and adults would need to have a skin color that would provide protection from being noticed by predators. But would sauropods have changed their skin colors when growing up?

Chasmosaurus

My preference is for the blue ( A ). I also like the D.
On the contrary, I prefer it to be very different from the pnso in order to represent another sauropod species.
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

ItsTwentyBelow

Man that Alamosaurus looks so good. I like that it is suitably 1:35-1:40 scale.

Crazy how quickly Haolonggood has cranked out their figures and carved out their own space in the market. Seems like their regular releases only really kicked off early last year with the Nasutoceratops + Ouranosaurus, but look how far we've come!

Thanks people for sharing pics of their figures. I've limited my intake to just the red Ouranosaurus and purple Wuerhosaurus so far and am currently waiting on an orange/black Ampelosaurus to arrive (any day), but also like the Edmontonia, Carnotaurus, Megaraptor, purple Daspletosaurus, and, and...!

:))

Bread

Quote from: vampiredesign on December 03, 2023, 01:21:52 PMhttps://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=282182604776381&set=pcb.282185001442808

Easily A (blue) and B (purple)!

We already have the brown and grey Apatosaurus variants.

We already have a red and green Ampelosaurus variants.

A blue and purple Alamosaurus would be delightful.

dragon53

I definitely like A---it is a very striking paint scheme and really stands out. It reminds me of Nanmu's original blue Giganotosaurus.

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on December 03, 2023, 02:11:57 PM

Easily A (blue) and B (purple)!

We already have the brown and grey Apatosaurus variants.

We already have a red and green Ampelosaurus variants.

A blue and purple Alamosaurus would be delightful.

But is B really purple? To me this looks more like some brown and tan tones, OK maybe with a touch of purple in the darker hues.

Roar

I love D my wife loves A so awesome!!
Onwards to adventure!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: