You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE

Started by dragon53, May 13, 2022, 03:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 29, 2023, 04:49:44 PM
Spoiler
We also have some youtubers still mentioning Space Godzilla and now a glimpse of Destroyah at the end?
[close]
Fake as hell lol
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on August 29, 2023, 09:12:10 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 29, 2023, 04:49:44 PM
Spoiler
We also have some youtubers still mentioning Space Godzilla and now a glimpse of Destroyah at the end?
[close]
Fake as hell lol

Didn't say it wasn't.  I don't even watch them just putting it out there. ;)

dragon53

GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE---images and synopsis released for the sequel starring Dan Stevens and Rebecca Hall, "This latest entry follows up the explosive showdown of GODZILLA VS. KONG with an all-new cinematic adventure, pitting the almighty Kong and the fearsome Godzilla against a colossal undiscovered threat hidden within our world, challenging their very existence – and our own. The epic new film will delve further into the histories of these Titans, their origins, and the mysteries of Skull Island and beyond, while uncovering the mythic battle that helped forge these extraordinary beings and tied them to humankind forever."

Mellow Stego

Rumors of a trailer coming out soon.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

dragon53

GODZILLA X KONG: NEW EMPIRE---teaser poster released for the sequel movie.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dynomikegojira

Mellow Stego

The movie looks fun and I even like the redesign, but Godzilla is slowly becoming just a sidekick in his own franchise.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Jose S.M.

I haven't seen this trailer but I wasn't really convinced with GvK due to its tone. I prefer a little more serious tones, although I was one of the few that genuinely loves KotM. I know it's got lots of (bad) jokes but the monsters were treated like awe inspiring creatures, in GvK I felt then more like super heroes/villains. Well I'll see how I feel when I eventually see the movie but I miss the 2014 vibe.

MLMjp

I like the trailer, and I'm not gonna jump into any negative conclusions about this film until I see it. I'm open to (most of) the ideas that the films present and I want see how this will go.

But there is one thing that I absolutely hate and it's ruining everything for me, Godzilla's new design.

It's awful!

WHY?! Why did they had to change his design AGAIN?! 2019-2021 design was peak! WHY?!

Fembrogon

It looks like more dumb fun, which I guess is fine. Monarch and Minus One are more along the lines of what I want from the franchise right now.

Why PINK for Godzilla, though? a deep purple like Shin Godzilla would suit him better.

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Takama

Idk what to say about this yet.

It looks like a whole bunch of nonsense. But thats going by the trailer.

But I feel the Legendary films are going to suffer a drop in quality with each new film after Godzilla King of the Monsters.   So I do not have too high of expectations for this one honrstly. :-X

Blade-of-the-Moon

From what all I've read, this is a KONG movie with Godzilla added in so it jives with what has been revealed up to this point. 

Red spines are probably a way for him to stand out and may only be a part of this film.

Not quite "hyped" yet for anything I'm seeing in it, Godzilla and Kong charging side by side is a bit odd feeling.

Faelrin

Something about this is feeling like a mix of Showa era goofiness, and the excessive Marvel-ization so many movies are doing these days (well the last one felt this way as well). While I enjoy the former, I don't as much with the latter. It is certainly getting stale at this point. Granted this was about the same tonally as the last one, so this isn't a particular consequence of this film.

Hard to believe this and Minus One are all part of the same franchise (never mind everything else that came before, more or less). Complete polar opposites. I suppose I could say the same about the 2014 film compared to where this series has gone as well. But well even the original Showa era started from the dark and serious 1954 film before getting goofier over time. Truly a little something for everyone I guess.

Now with that all out of the way, I must say I'm not really bothered with the pink? It's new, although it does feel similar to Shin Godzilla's purple, but they'll probably have some kind of reasoning for it.

Also some of the youtube comments are great, lol. One is comparing this film and Minus One to the Barbenheimer thing that happened in the summer, and while they haven't released at the same time, it's absolutely similar in a way I think. A lot of folks are asking for them to bring back the hilarious drop kick from that one Showa era film, and I'm partially inclined to agree. Quite a bit of infinity stones comments, and at least one Beastwars one. Also a ridiculous number of bots (or I'm assuming they are bots since they are spamming the same nonsense "I make better content" crap) responding to comments as well.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

The spines are more like 1999's Godzilla 2000.

I did read one person on FB saying Godzilla is Breast Cancer Aware now..oy.

Carnoking

Just saw the trailer and all I could do was chuckle. Looks like a whole lot of dumb noise but as others have pointed out, you would be hard pressed to say that that  doesn't apply to most Godzilla movies.

It is interesting to see the parallels between the Showa era Godzilla movies and now Legendary, both starting off with a more grounded, somber films before slowly devolving into more and more ridiculous stories.

That said, if Minus One is champagne, then this is sure to be light beer. Not nearly as classy, but will do the job fine ;)

Faelrin

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I kind of realized that as well after I was watching some funny Godzilla clips for good times sake.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on December 04, 2023, 06:02:58 AMavatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I kind of realized that as well after I was watching some funny Godzilla clips for good times sake.

There isn't much the big guy hasn't covered in all these years lol

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: