You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE

Started by dragon53, May 13, 2022, 03:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

Quote from: Mellow Stego on December 03, 2023, 10:58:13 PMThe movie looks fun and I even like the redesign, but Godzilla is slowly becoming just a sidekick in his own franchise.

Legendary prepping for the day Toho says "no" to the re-licensing of the character.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on December 04, 2023, 11:05:52 AM
Quote from: Mellow Stego on December 03, 2023, 10:58:13 PMThe movie looks fun and I even like the redesign, but Godzilla is slowly becoming just a sidekick in his own franchise.

Legendary prepping for the day Toho says "no" to the re-licensing of the character.

Toho's slogan is " money talks " lol This is bringing in money for them too, licensing, toys, models, statues, clothing.. this film probably paid for Minus One several times over  ;D

HD-man

Quote from: Paleo Flo on April 20, 2023, 12:43:56 PM
Quote from: HD-man on April 20, 2023, 09:54:38 AM
Quote from: Dynomikegojira on April 19, 2023, 05:22:01 PMNew Title and Teaser Godzilla x Kong A New Empire

How we supposed to read that title? Literally "Godzilla x Kong"? "Godzilla times Kong"? "Godzilla multiplied by Kong"? "Godzilla kisses Kong"? Seems weird no matter the answer :-\

Just like Toho's 2002 "Godzilla against Mechagodzilla" which original title was "Gojira x Mekagojira".

;) I guess it's Kong doing the kissing:
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Takama

So i saw some merch leaked of the movie, along with claims of a 8 minute mindless Monster battle sequence.

In my opinon. The only way this film can prevent itself from becomeing the JWFK of the MONSTERVERSE is they throw in ZILLA and make his role COUNT!!!!!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on December 17, 2023, 12:43:06 AMSo i saw some merch leaked of the movie, along with claims of a 8 minute mindless Monster battle sequence.

In my opinon. The only way this film can prevent itself from becomeing the JWFK of the MONSTERVERSE is they throw in ZILLA and make his role COUNT!!!!!!

lol including Zila didn't help the insanity that was Final Wars. 8 minutes in a 2 hour movie is nothing really. How mindless we talking? Even when Kong and Godzilla fought it wasn't mindless you could see thinking and reason going on during it.

I actually have grown to like JW: Fallen Kingdom more with repeat viewings. It probably should have been two films with more backstory and filler for each segment but I digress.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on December 17, 2023, 02:24:10 PMZilla fans annoy me

;D I like Zilla, even though he isn't much of a God-ZILLA. It was a good movie but it really could have been more of a Beast from 20,000 Fathoms remake.

Fembrogon

Godzilla 1998 makes for an interesting Godzilla-inspired monster design, but it's a pretty poor likeness of Godzilla proper. It looks like a sort of "stock" monster you'd introduce to give the main star something to beat up early on.

And honestly, JW:FK is my favorite - well, least-disliked - of the World films too. I think it's a little more upfront about what it is than JW, and far less cluttered than JW:D.
After Godzilla vs Kong, this direction doesn't surprise me in the least; not my preferred direction, but at least Monarch balances things out a bit.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm not sure where else the Monsterverse can go except to anthropomorphize their monsters a bit and give them stories. If just like what Toho did. The only option other than continuing is to constantly try to rehash the same story and go darker or lighter.  I fully expect aliens to appear somewhere. So Godzilla VS ID4 maybe?

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2023, 05:50:18 PM

;D I like Zilla, even though he isn't much of a God-ZILLA. It was a good movie but it really could have been more of a Beast from 20,000 Fathoms remake.
The same, apparently;

Zilla doesn't make a good Rhedosaurus design either. Sometimes I wonder how many people have even read a summary of Beast's plot.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Stegotyranno420

For me, Zilla will always be better than Godzilla.
Looks far better

Giganotosaurus

Shrek 4 fans annoy me. Series should have stopped at 2.

The next Godzilla X Kong will definitely have aliens. Perhaps the long lost land of Atlantis too, that'd be neat.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on December 17, 2023, 11:12:36 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2023, 05:50:18 PM

The same, apparently;

Zilla doesn't make a good Rhedosaurus design either. Sometimes I wonder how many people have even read a summary of Beast's plot.

lol I own the movie and a couple replicas of the creature. I've even read Bradbury's The Foghorn and his story on creating it which inspired his friend Harryhausen.

I didn't say the design looked like him exactly..heh  But it could have been changed a bit to make a Beast film better than a Godzilla one in my opinion. They just wanted the GODZILLA name recognition.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on December 18, 2023, 01:07:57 AM

Shrek 4 fans annoy me. Series should have stopped at 2.

The next Godzilla X Kong will definitely have aliens. Perhaps the long lost land of Atlantis too, that'd be neat.

Maybe the lost continent of MU. lol

Takama

When it comes to my love for Zilla, it all stems from the fact i grew up seeing him in the theator, and YES i did see "REAL" GODZILLA films before it came out.

But these days my motto is intead of makeing him the Laughing stock of the kaiju, why not change him up like they do with almost everything on the Roster?

They Did that wit KING kong, and i hate Legendarys take on him, and though the movie was flawed, G v K showed what can be done if you redisign a monster to make him stronger

My 2 cents on Zilla.   

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on December 18, 2023, 02:23:22 PMWhen it comes to my love for Zilla, it all stems from the fact i grew up seeing him in the theator, and YES i did see "REAL" GODZILLA films before it came out.

But these days my motto is intead of makeing him the Laughing stock of the kaiju, why not change him up like they do with almost everything on the Roster?

They Did that wit KING kong, and i hate Legendarys take on him, and though the movie was flawed, G v K showed what can be done if you redisign a monster to make him stronger

My 2 cents on Zilla.   

I saw him in theaters and bought the toys as well.  Not sure how you would change him up to be honest. He's a more dinosaur like version, for that we also have Gorosaurus.  Now we have the Odo Island Godzillasaurus too..which kinda looks like Zilla a bit thinking about it?

Pliosaurking

I grew up with Zilla. I like his design but he's not Godzilla, and I don't think he should be called Godzilla. He is a cool Kaiju, but should be his own thing in my eyes. I do hope we get to see him in some future media at some point.

Takama

Hot take.

Make Zillas breath more useful, &  make more then just one "ADULT"

Make his name the real JOKE.   Theres a lizard like monster attack reported in Tokyo.  Suddenly there is one in America.

But the Japanese know that this is a completely diffrent creture!.

Stegotyranno420

I just realized Zilla literally has a Chad chin.
Officially better than Gojira

Fembrogon

I can just barely remember seeing the 1998 film in theaters; I was so young I can't recall having any real opinion of it, other than I grew up aware that it wasn't the "real" Godzilla. I was already familiar with many of the classics and continued watching the Toho films throughout my childhood.

A story where "Zilla" appears early on as a red herring before the "real" Godzilla appears to hunt the former down could be an interesting concept - something sort of in between the plots of the 1998 and 2014 films, but with more emphasis on how the crisis escalates with BOTH creatures arriving to the city

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: