News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2023 hopes and dreams

Started by Sim, January 01, 2023, 07:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

PNSO has a baby Tyrannosaurus in their little dinosaurs series that is of the same quality as the baby Stegosaurus and Torosaurus.  In that series there is also a baby Mamenchisaurus, Amargasaurus, Spinosaurus, Ankylosaurus and Triceratops.  I think all these babies are still in production unlike most of the mini figures PNSO has produced.

Quiversaurus

I enjoyed that analysis thoroughly avatar_Tracewyrm! @Tracewyrm! hahaha. I hope the new lipped T.rex will be an updated Wilson that comes with a baby rex, that would be sublime. Instant buy for me, even though I already have Winter Wilson.

Then again, maybe a new T.rex "character" with a more interesting pattern and colour scheme wouldn't be a bad idea too...

Halichoeres

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on September 30, 2023, 04:16:28 PMAnother thing I would be pleasantly surprised by is a baby rex accessory. PNSO has made juveniles before as additional Museum Line extras but not for a theropod as far as I know. Hey, maybe Aaron can make a long awaited return, who knows?
If PNSOs characterisation of Cameron is anything to go by (can't believe I'm analyzing the writing of plastic dinosaurs..  :)) ), then adding a juvenile could reinforce his whole deal of being a good dad. (In that case, Wilson could be the baby but eh, maybe him and Aaron are actually brothers? The Cameron booklet did mention Wilson having two brothers if my memory serves me right.. I don't think I have the brain power to map out Wilson's family tree.)

I'm not really interested in a baby rex specifically, but one thing that might tempt me to buy more of their theropods is if they came with some kind of accessory animal around the size of the baby Stegosaurus and Torosaurus. A mammal, or a small ornithopod, or a lizard, or a pterosaur in scale with the main model, would be a great enticement for me, and make the boxes feel more justified. But based on the last 18 months of releases, it doesn't seem like they need any enticements to sell a lot of theropods.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

EuropaSuchus

More like overall hopes and dreams:

Theropods:
1. Bistahieversor. One of more unique derived tyrannosaurs, having interesting-looking skull shape looking like some edgy JW-style creature and curious taxonomical placement (it may be not a tyrannosaurid like we previously thought). Totally a good candidate to be another addition to tyrannosaur line.

2. Ceratosaurus. Doesn't need an explanation, an iconic genus with not many good models.

3. Dilophosaurus. Same case, Haolonggood exists, but more figures is always better.

4. Asfaltovenator. New interesting theropod with wonderfully preserved skull and interesting look.

5. Neovenator.

Sim

Bistahieversor would be an interesting choice for PNSO's first lipped tyrannosauroid (that's not a mini).  I would really like PNSO to stop with the allosauroids though, they've made so many and too many.

thomasw100

Quote from: EuropaSuchus on December 06, 2023, 08:16:44 PMMore like overall hopes and dreams:

Theropods:
1. Bistahieversor. One of more unique derived tyrannosaurs, having interesting-looking skull shape looking like some edgy JW-style creature and curious taxonomical placement (it may be not a tyrannosaurid like we previously thought). Totally a good candidate to be another addition to tyrannosaur line.

2. Ceratosaurus. Doesn't need an explanation, an iconic genus with not many good models.

3. Dilophosaurus. Same case, Haolonggood exists, but more figures is always better.

4. Asfaltovenator. New interesting theropod with wonderfully preserved skull and interesting look.

5. Neovenator.

The theropod fans have been well served by PNSO. Now it is the time of the herbivores again.

Carnoking

Personally I'm fine with PNSO doing more theropods, if only because HAOLONGGOOD has been doing such a strong job picking up the slack on herbivores while PNSO continues to reign supreme in the theropod department.

Faelrin

I'd gladly take Asfaltovenator. Been wanting one since it was described for someone to do one. PNSO managed to deliver us a fine Lingwulong, another genus I've been wanting for some time, so I'd love to see them tackle this genus (and they also delivered a fine Meraxes so soon after it was described, another genus on my wishlist). Otherwise I would agree with avatar_Sim @Sim about giving allosauroids a break.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Carnoking on December 06, 2023, 11:05:40 PMPersonally I'm fine with PNSO doing more theropods, if only because HAOLONGGOOD has been doing such a strong job picking up the slack on herbivores while PNSO continues to reign supreme in the theropod department.

Agreed with this! PNSO's theropods are still unmatched in my book, though HLG is catching up very quickly. And similarly, HLG is just doing such a great job with the herbivore list.

I know Cameron just came out, and people will likely disagree with me, but I'm hoping for a lipped Wilson 3.0 (yes, even after considering (Eofauna's)...

Concavenator

Quote from: Faelrin on December 07, 2023, 12:27:41 AMI'd gladly take Asfaltovenator. Been wanting one since it was described for someone to do one. PNSO managed to deliver us a fine Lingwulong, another genus I've been wanting for some time, so I'd love to see them tackle this genus (and they also delivered a fine Meraxes so soon after it was described, another genus on my wishlist). Otherwise I would agree with avatar_Sim @Sim about giving allosauroids a break.

What happens is that several of the allosauroids PNSO has made this year are pretty pointless: Mapusaurus, Saurophaganax and 2 Yangchuanosaurus. Especially the first two, I was surprised to see PNSO making those because they're so fragmentary I wouldn't even expect them to be considered to begin with (but well they made that unnamed spinosaurid too, so it seems they don't care about fossil completeness after all). Asfaltovenator would have definitely been a much better choice then any of those 2 (or instead of one of the Yangchuanosaurus). Asfaltovenator is a significant taxon, being possibly the oldest known allosauroid and the most complete early tetanuran. It would nicely fit in the 1:35-ish scale range they work with, too. Hopefully they'll be making it at some point.

A Concavenator would have been a better choice too, especially if it was feathered (and/or quilled), to differentiate it from other versions (also being more accurate, by the way).

Takama

Honestly,   if they are going in the direction of Lips for Future Models.  I hope they will consider to somehow add lips to the following

Giganotosaurus v2
Acrocanthosaurus
Any version of there Tyrannosaurus
Megalosaurus
And perhaps others

PoptartDoodle

I'd like to see an Abelisaurid from them, an improved Carnotaurus with lips and more accurate skin integument would be insane, the same with a Majungasaurus, Aucosaurus, and Rajasaurus.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Takama on December 10, 2023, 01:45:39 AMHonestly,   if they are going in the direction of Lips for Future Models.  I hope they will consider to somehow add lips to the following

Giganotosaurus v2
Acrocanthosaurus
Any version of there Tyrannosaurus
Megalosaurus
And perhaps others

I don't think we will see those species for along time if all they are going to do is add lips, if any thing I think well get super closely related species that look close enough to the ones you said but since they have another name it would be fine in there eyes... im working on getting my old carnivore like the torvo lipped by a sculptor

FerretGoose

I would like to see PNSO make a new updated Parasaurolophus simply because it's my favorite dinosaur! Maybe even one similar to Lewis LaRosa's amazing Para art! Also, if PNSO made an Apatosaurus or Austroraptor in 1:35 scale, I would buy those in a heartbeat.  :D

TheCambrianCrusader

How has pnso ignored Gigantoraptor for so long? It seems like a perfect fit for them.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.