News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: Carnoking on December 08, 2023, 05:55:33 PM

Thanks for the comparisons! Unless if someone comes out with a lipped Megalosaurus in the near future, I think I'm gonna get the PNSO model soon. It still stings a bit though considering how close it was to being lipped... Especially considering how nice the A. fragillis Saurophaganax turned out.

thomasw100

I would not be surprised if PNSO comes up with lipped versions of the T-Rex and Gioganotosaurus next year. They most likely have digital models of their figures which they can just modify with lips without having to create the entire model from scratch.

Fembrogon

Happy Hen Toys just sent an email alert: three of the latest PNSO models are in stock and being offered at a discounted "intro price".

Pinbacker

Quote from: Fembrogon on December 10, 2023, 01:56:12 AMHappy Hen Toys just sent an email alert: three of the latest PNSO models are in stock and being offered at a discounted "intro price".

Not a bad deal until you factor in their shipping...then you basically end up paying the full price anyway, plus some. Shipping is free on orders of $149...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pinbacker on December 10, 2023, 03:43:37 AM
Quote from: Fembrogon on December 10, 2023, 01:56:12 AMHappy Hen Toys just sent an email alert: three of the latest PNSO models are in stock and being offered at a discounted "intro price".

Not a bad deal until you factor in their shipping...then you basically end up paying the full price anyway, plus some. Shipping is free on orders of $149...

i can't recall, do they add tax too?

BlueKrono

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 10, 2023, 04:01:18 AM
Quote from: Pinbacker on December 10, 2023, 03:43:37 AM

i can't recall, do they add tax too?

I got taxed. Mine was like $7.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

John

Good to know,thanks!
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SenSx

PNSO should really sell their rods support.
I see many people needing them.

I bought the base PNSO sells with rods, but there are no base included.
So I bought them elsewhere

https://www.amazon.fr/Ultimate-Guard-UGD011112-Figurine-Transparent/dp/B08DYDW57V/ref=mp_s_a_1_4_mod_primary_new?crid=2HD3U2HDFR9KC&keywords=socle+figurine&qid=1702287090&sbo=RZvfv%2F%2FHxDF%2BO5021pAnSA%3D%3D&sprefix=socle+figurines%2Caps%2C156&sr=8-4

I then made holes with a screwdriver, untill the rods could fit in.
It's not as good as PNSO official supports because those base are not as deed, and I probably need to glue them.
But they kinda work.

SRF

If you order figures at PNSO's store on AliExpress, just ask them to send some extra support stands with your purchase.
But today, I'm just being father

Concavenator

Quote from: SRF on December 11, 2023, 10:49:45 AMIf you order figures at PNSO's store on AliExpress, just ask them to send some extra support stands with your purchase.

Do they actually do that favour for you when you ask them? Do they only include an extra support stand for the figure you ordered? I mean, if you ordered a Deinocheirus, can you ask them to also include a stand of the Acrocanthosaurus, for example? That would be great, that way you could get the stand you need for a specific figure...

Also, do you know if you can ask them to include more than one extra support?

dragon53

I think a foot peg and a base with a hole would be better than a support rod.

Eatmycar

Or whatever magic Haolonggood puts into their figures so they stand and fail to warp in the first place...

SidB

Quote from: Eatmycar on December 11, 2023, 06:21:52 PMOr whatever magic Haolonggood puts into their figures so they stand and fail to warp in the first place...
That's a very good point, E @Eatmycar .

Over9K

Quote from: Eatmycar on December 11, 2023, 06:21:52 PMOr whatever magic Haolonggood puts into their figures so they stand and fail to warp in the first place...

When Haolonggood and GR Toys collaborated on the Charcardonotosaurus, one of the features of the figure that kind of got lost in the hype about the paint applications was the fact that the figure includes an ABS plastic "skeleton" for the legs, providing extra support.

Haolonggood may have continued using this technique on their theropods to prevent warping/leaning/falling.

Carnoking

The plastic in HAOLONGGOOD's theropods is solid as a rock!
One of my Carnos had a leaning issue right out of the box. I soaked the foot/ankle in some hot water for a while so that I could adjust the toes for better balance but there was no give to be had!
Makes me wonder how it warped to begin with.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Over9K on December 12, 2023, 02:43:21 AM

When Haolonggood and GR Toys collaborated on the Charcardonotosaurus, one of the features of the figure that kind of got lost in the hype about the paint applications was the fact that the figure includes an ABS plastic "skeleton" for the legs, providing extra support.

Haolonggood may have continued using this technique on their theropods to prevent warping/leaning/falling.
Now that is genius!

postsaurischian

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on December 12, 2023, 04:18:19 AM
Quote from: Over9K on December 12, 2023, 02:43:21 AM

Now that is genius!

W-Dragon introduced this technique with their Allosaurus and it works.
 After a few years now the figure still isn't able to warp and it has been being displayed all the time :) .

Fembrogon

I do recall hearing about some kind of internal support structure for the carch sculpt, although I thought I had read it was metal.
It's definitely a smart move, although I'd bet that risks raising expenses per product, which might be why other companies haven't tried this yet.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Fembrogon on December 12, 2023, 08:33:32 PMI do recall hearing about some kind of internal support structure for the carch sculpt, although I thought I had read it was metal.
It's definitely a smart move, although I'd bet that risks raising expenses per product, which might be why other companies haven't tried this yet.
Yet at the same time hlg's prices are consistently very low even while doing this.

Duna

Quote from: Carnoking on December 08, 2023, 05:55:33 PM

It's amazing what lips can do in a figure. To turn a quite goofy figure into a lifelike animal.
I agree that Donald the saurophaganax is one of the best figures by PNSO this year.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: