News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

what is your favorite cartoon ? :D

Started by Arul, September 30, 2014, 01:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 21, 2022, 11:03:37 PMI'm rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender and it's still great.

I'm about due to rewatch it too. I'm eager to show it to my daughter but I don't think she's ready yet.

Since I'm here, I have nothing but high praise for Amphibia. I watched it with my daughter, who is 7, and she loves it but refuses to watch the last two episodes of the series, she's scared of one of the villains. I liked it so much that I insisted my wife watch it too and she also loved it. 

Halichoeres

Amphibia, I'll have to keep that in mind!

avatar_Newt @Newt I'm also a big fan of Bob's Burgers and Adventure Time, but I've never seen Venture Brothers.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Newt

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres - The Venture Brothers is a dark comedy/ action-adventure show that takes tropes from Johnny Quest, James Bond, G.I. Joe, the Hardy Boys, Marvel and DC comics, Lost in Space, etc., and runs with them. There's nothing else quite like it. Also, David Bowie is one of the villains.

Gwangi

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 22, 2022, 10:31:56 PMAmphibia, I'll have to keep that in mind!

avatar_Newt @Newt I'm also a big fan of Bob's Burgers and Adventure Time, but I've never seen Venture Brothers.

Amphibia is on Disney+. I don't know if you've seen Gravity Falls but it's similar in tone to that. And if you haven't seen Gravity Falls, that one is one Disney+ too and also highly recommended.

Fembrogon

For as much as I've always enjoyed cartoons, I'm having trouble naming any true favorites right now; I haven't consistently watched or revisited many cartoon shows since I was a kid, and a lot of the biggest-name shows (eg, Spongebob, Simpsons, Adventure time) I've actually barely seen, if at all - Avatar: The Last Airbender is probably the one big exception (and yeah, that's a very good show I shouldn't have slept on).
I did see a couple of people mention The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, however; that show, and it's successor George of the Jungle even more so, is definitely one I still revisit and enjoy (my family loves wordplay humor, and J. Ward loved their puns!). The classic Looney Tunes deserve a mention, too; there are still many, many shorts I haven't seen, but they're always a delight to return to, now as an adult even more than as a kid.
The Land Before Time was the cartoon franchise I probably frequented the most as a kid (surprise, surprise), but I haven't touched any of those besides the original in years. Maybe I should try that sometime, see if any of the other hold up.

Gwangi

Quote from: Fembrogon on September 23, 2022, 04:33:32 PMFor as much as I've always enjoyed cartoons, I'm having trouble naming any true favorites right now; I haven't consistently watched or revisited many cartoon shows since I was a kid, and a lot of the biggest-name shows (eg, Spongebob, Simpsons, Adventure time) I've actually barely seen, if at all - Avatar: The Last Airbender is probably the one big exception (and yeah, that's a very good show I shouldn't have slept on).
I did see a couple of people mention The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, however; that show, and it's successor George of the Jungle even more so, is definitely one I still revisit and enjoy (my family loves wordplay humor, and J. Ward loved their puns!). The classic Looney Tunes deserve a mention, too; there are still many, many shorts I haven't seen, but they're always a delight to return to, now as an adult even more than as a kid.
The Land Before Time was the cartoon franchise I probably frequented the most as a kid (surprise, surprise), but I haven't touched any of those besides the original in years. Maybe I should try that sometime, see if any of the other hold up.

Thanks to my daughter I've seen all of the sequels for The Land Before Time and I can assure you, none of them are even half as good as the original. I abhor all of them.

JimoAi

SpongeBob SquarePants. The first 4 seasons were gold, 5 to the current seasons were a mixed bags but when they're good, they're really good. Heard alot of people complain about the over exaggerated expressions from seasons 9+ but they're kinda growing on me little by little and the cool thing is the exaggerated expressions does AI proof the show in a way.

bmathison1972

Don't know if I answered this, but hands-down Family Guy. That is my sense of humor in a nutshell!

As a kid? Challenge of the Superfriends, G.I. Joe, Masters of the Universe, Thundercats, Johnny Quest, and similar.

DinoFan2010

The Simpsons of course, and Bluey as well.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

postsaurischian

Over9K

Concavenator

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I'm not much of a cartoon guy, but growing up I watched a lot including Wild Kratts, Animaniacs, and Steven Universe. More recently I've enjoyed watching The Owl House with my family.

Gwangi

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 15, 2023, 09:26:23 PMI'm not much of a cartoon guy, but growing up I watched a lot including Wild Kratts, Animaniacs, and Steven Universe. More recently I've enjoyed watching The Owl House with my family.

The Owl House was fantastic. Being a parent has introduced me to a lot of excellent cartoons, and there's a shockingly good number of them from Disney. Star vs. the Forces of Evil was also good and I was shocked by how good Big City Greens was as well. And of course there's also Amphibia which I've praised here before.

I recently discovered Over the Garden Wall and have watched it 3-4 times now. Once by myself a year ago, then with my wife, then with my daughter twice. It's essential viewing every October from here on out.

JimoAi

Other cartoons I like are Rocko's modern life with the titular Rocko being a wallaby. Despite airing on Nickelodeon, they got away with alot of innuendos some subtle and others not so.

I enjoyed South park but not the more recent seasons which unfortunately has become more of a commentary on political issues but the ChatGPT and the Dikinbauls episodes were the highlights of the recent seasons

Invader Zim was quite an interesting one with it focusing on dark humour though unfortunately it's lifespan was cut short due to that and how expensive it is to produce.

For anime I don't watch much with the only recent one I've watched is the Genjitsu No Yohane series.

Currently I'm interested to check out The Angry Beavers and Avatar the Last Airbender especially the former appearing in Nickelodeon All star Brawl 2 which is a game I'm hooked on at the moment and the latter I've been meaning to check out for a while.

Overall, I've preferred watching YouTube animations over more traditional cartoons especially as of recently and I've enjoyed the Amazing Digital Circus quite ABIT too

LucasLiu

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Gwangi on November 16, 2023, 12:33:47 PM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 15, 2023, 09:26:23 PMI'm not much of a cartoon guy, but growing up I watched a lot including Wild Kratts, Animaniacs, and Steven Universe. More recently I've enjoyed watching The Owl House with my family.

The Owl House was fantastic. 
Glad to hear! It's honestly sad to see such great queer representation for kids cut short like the show was, but at least they managed to end it quite well with the limited time they were given.

JimoAi

just watched south park not suitable for children and omg I can't stop laughin esp with their Logan Paul portrayal

Gwangi

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on December 22, 2023, 06:35:34 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 16, 2023, 12:33:47 PM

The Owl House was fantastic. 
Glad to hear! It's honestly sad to see such great queer representation for kids cut short like the show was, but at least they managed to end it quite well with the limited time they were given.

Yeah, it had a decent ending, which is more than what a lot of other shows get.

Quotejust watched south park not suitable for children and omg I can't stop laughin esp with their Logan Paul portrayal

I miss South Park so much. I haven't watched it since it went to Paramount +. I miss the days when it was on Hulu. Even more, I miss the days when you could watch all the episodes on the South Park Studio website. I hate streaming...

bmathison1972

South Park was a hard one for me. I LOVED the political and social satire, but the animation style and the voices drove me bonkers.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: