News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

what is your favorite cartoon ? :D

Started by Arul, September 30, 2014, 01:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 02, 2021, 07:20:14 PM
Quote from: Bread on February 02, 2021, 02:07:33 AM
I loved cartoons as a kid! To this day, I still venture through Hulu or Boomerang just to re-watch some of my favorites. A few of those being Regular Show, Looney Toons, Tom&Jerry, Johnny Bravo, The Jetsons, Camp Lazlo, and so many more! In my opinion, I can't stand the newer, current cartoons being aired on TV. My nephew also agrees, and I even give him access to my Hulu and Boomerang apps, so he can watch older cartoons.
AYYY we got another Regular Show fan here in the DTF!
You know who else is a regular show fan here in the DTF?
Spoiler
just a reference of the show , so now that you know, the joke is ruined  :) ;)
[close]
Ahhh yes, my....

Not sure if I made the best out of the joke, but I think you got it.

Another two shows I'd like to add is Dinosaur King and Ben 10 (the original early 2000s show, not the new stuff). I would also like to correct that most of the cartoons I listed in both this post and my previous I started watching ever since I was little and now to my current age.

I feel old whenever I read through this thread.

Newt

I replied to this thread about 6 years ago (speaking of feeling old). I'll add to my list some recent cartoons I like: Venture Brothers (I'm still miffed it got canceled), Bob's Burgers, Adventure Time.

I've recently been watching the original 1960s Jetsons, which I haven't seen since I was a kid. They hold up better than I expected! The show moves slowly by current standards and the animation is pretty inconsistent, but there are a lot of good jokes in there and the design and voice-acting are brilliant. I was startled to learn that it was cancelled after one season; apparently like that other great 1960s science-fiction TV show, I forget its name, it was a flop in its original run but gained steam in syndication.

I've also been watching Private Snafu, a series of one-reeler cartoons produced by the US Army during WWII, with involvement from Dr. Seuss and many of the great Golden Age animators. They start off as educational films, with Snafu basically being the bad example that shows soldiers why they ought to follow the rules; later cartoons are just Looney Tunes-style mayhem. They're definitely of their times, and there's racism and sexism aplenty, but they are well-made, often quite funny, and interesting as time capsules. They also are neat for animation buffs because they show what the classic 1940s shorts might have been like if the animators hadn't been restrained by cultural mores. With only GIs as their target audience, they were able to be much more risque.

Varanops

I'm with Doug Watson and Failed archaeologist (Looney Tunes, with "One Froggy Evening" far-and-away the all-time front-runner, and Rocky and Bullwinkle), along with -- I'm giving away my age here -- Rocky and Bullwinkle's predecessor cartoon series Crusader Rabbit. 

Simone

Impossible question!!! Too many amazing cartoons but on the topic The Flinstones are amazing!

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Bread @Bread sorry for replying late, but yeah I got it...
You know who else got it?

Giganotosaurus

Spongebob will always be my favorite cartoon. Rugrats afterwards. Soo good, and fun to see them go on adventures.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Rexy

'Street Sharks' and 'Extreme Dinosaurs'.
Taking dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas, and I'm gonna be there when you learn that.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Reuben03

While i could just go ahead and mention ed edd n eddy, chowder or misadventures of flapjack, the true favourite of mine has to be the massively underrated Clarence, by skyler page.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

WalkingWithBeasts

Classic Tom and Jerry / Tex Avery cartoons as well as Looney Tunes, The Pink Panther and other similar stuff
Walking With Beasts is the best palaeo media documentary and no one can persuade me otherwise.

JPuggy

One of my favorite shows is Ninjago, compared to other modern cartoons its a godsend

JimoAi

South park, rocko's modern life, invader Zim and SpongeBob SquarePants

Stegotyranno420

As of 2022 I have been watching Samurai jack, it's a pretty good show.
I also rewatched the super obscure Jumanji cartoon, which I really come to like.
King of the hill is sometimes ok. I mainly like Hank, Dale, and Boomhauer.

BlueKrono

Freakazoid was always my favorite. Nearly asphyxiated laughing many times. A close second was Godzilla the animated series for very different reasons. Got my kaiju fix from that one for sure.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Gothmog the Baryonyx

If animated shows count, Star Wars Rebels, closely followed by The Clone Wars.
If not, then Legend of Aang and its sequel series
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Concavenator

I watched Pokemon when I was younger, but the only series I have always watched / read consistently is Naruto.

Papi-Anon

Non-anime cartoons?

Ed, Edd , 'n Eddy for me was a great series that got better with age, with 'That's My Horse' still one of my favorite moments in the series. Also with Ed being my favorite character from the show one of my nicknames for my big dog (may he rest in peace) was 'Lumpy', since both were lovable oafs who meant well.

I'll also say that South Park has made me laugh ever since I was in middle school.
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Bowhead Whale

ARTHUR by Mark Brown. I like this little aardvark so much when he learns lessons from life. There is no endless yelling and screaming, there is no pointless violence and there is no vulgarity there. And it is intelligent.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Gravity Falls. It's fun show with an interesting atmosphere. Its original run (2012-2016) coincides exactly with my high school years, too.

Also, the first three seasons of SpongeBob Squarepants.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Halichoeres

I'm rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender and it's still great.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: