News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How these figures look together? [Comparison Thread]

Started by kreativtek, November 22, 2015, 07:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Here's the pics I took. I hope they help. Edit: I think the Safari Ltd one was closer to 1/12 scale if I recall right.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Thank you so much!  :) That definitely helps. The Safari Deinonychus appears to be just a tiny bit longer than the Guanlong, but is clearly bulkier. As lovely as the Safari Deinonychus is, I think I will be replacing it with one of the Creative Beast ones, which is also great. Even though I said I wouldn't be backing the Cyberzoic campaign, I've actually considered it now that I've seen the Deinonychus. And while it would turn out a bit cheaper than from my local retailer, the difference is so minimal that I'll be waiting to see the BotM variant first, in case I prefer it over this Cyberzoic (even though this one looks fantastic already). Generally speaking I'm liking the BotM color schemes more than the Cyberzoic ones so far.

Concavenator

I just got the BotM 1:18 Velociraptor mongoliensis, so here are some random comparisons in case anyone finds them helpful:

- With other dromaeosaurids (Safari Deinonychus & Microraptor):

- With the BotM Chasmosaurus:

SenSx

I have a tough request:

Does anyone can provide a comparaison between the Nanmu Dragon Soul Velociraptor and the Rebor Velociraptors (or brown Dino Dream Velociraptor) please ?

I'm not expecting many people to have those  ;D

Concavenator

Assorted marginocephalians by Safari, PNSO, Haolonggood and Creative Beast.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Concavenator on September 25, 2023, 03:26:46 PMCould someone get me a comparison of the 1:18 BotM Velociraptor mongoliensis alongside Safari's Deinonychus, Utahraptor and Microraptor please?

Thanks in advance!  :)
This is coming rather late, but here's another comparison shot for you, avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator:

I don't have Safari's Microraptor but I threw in the BotM 1:18 Dromaeosaurus for good measure.

Sim

Wow, that Utahraptor is bigger than I was expecting, it makes me want it even more.  It's not available in Europe yet, as far as I know.

Concavenator

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Thank you! Those dromaeosaurids look great together.

I think I will be replacing the Safari Deinonychus with either the Cyberzoic or the BotM version. I love that Safari figure, but I also love the Creative Beast one and it's smaller, so it helps me save space (will also be nice to have it scale with the Velociraptor). Dromaeosaurid figures tend to be fairly large anyways, and there are others I'm interested in someone has yet to make at some point (Austroraptor, Halszkaraptor, Zhenyuanlong).

Wally-217

Hiya, I don't suppose anyone has a comparison of PNSO's zhuchengtyrannus and Essien 2.0? preferably with the yutyrannus too but not essential. Thanks!

SidB

Hey, W @Wally-217 , here are a quick trio of snapshots with the first two and a substituted Qianzhousaurus for the Yutyrannus.

Wally-217

Thank you so much S @SidB! Essien 2.0 really is small. Looks like I am definitely getting the new PNSO spinosaurus then ;D

cryolophosaurus

Ive been pondering this for a while, but can anyone compare the safari ltd feathered toob velociraptor with either the wild past or Kaiyodo protoceratops?
No clue if they could work together for  a similar scale.

SidB

Quote from: Wally-217 on December 22, 2023, 03:39:18 PMThank you so much S @SidB! Essien 2.0 really is small. Looks like I am definitely getting the new PNSO spinosaurus then ;D
Glad that it was of some help, W @Wally-217 .

postsaurischian

Quote from: cryolophosaurus on December 23, 2023, 08:15:45 AMIve been pondering this for a while, but can anyone compare the safari ltd feathered toob velociraptor with either the wild past or Kaiyodo protoceratops?

Here you go :)

cryolophosaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 23, 2023, 03:21:08 PM
Quote from: cryolophosaurus on December 23, 2023, 08:15:45 AMIve been pondering this for a while, but can anyone compare the safari ltd feathered toob velociraptor with either the wild past or Kaiyodo protoceratops?

Here you go :)

Okay now this is perfect! Thank you so much for the picture. 

DefinitelyNOTDilo

If anyone has collecta's struthiomimus, would they be able to measure its height at the hip and/or show a comparison between it and a 1/35 scale humanoid?

postsaurischian

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on January 30, 2024, 12:38:21 AMIf anyone has collecta's struthiomimus, would they be able to measure its height at the hip and/or show a comparison between it and a 1/35 scale humanoid?

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Quiversaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 30, 2024, 10:20:21 AM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on January 30, 2024, 12:38:21 AMIf anyone has collecta's struthiomimus, would they be able to measure its height at the hip and/or show a comparison between it and a 1/35 scale humanoid?

Oh wow, is this Struthiomimus actually in 1:35 scale?

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 30, 2024, 10:20:21 AM

Thank you!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: