News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LucasLiu

Stegotyranno420

Personal Repaint or new variant

I like the bold green

Concavenator

Looks like a modern version of the classic Carnegie Apatosaurus.

ceratopsian

It's a repaint by Mr Lang Yu, shown on Paleofiguras. I assume it will come up for sale on Amazon.com. His others did. I have the Pentaceratops he painted and I'm sure someone else on here recently showed the Pachy they bought.

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on December 25, 2023, 06:27:48 PMPersonal Repaint or new variant

I like the bold green

postsaurischian

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 25, 2023, 02:27:00 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on December 24, 2023, 09:20:42 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on December 24, 2023, 07:59:45 PMYou're welcome to mine. I might even end up getting more than one.

Seriously? That would be too nice of you :) . How come you might get more than one?

To get all three colors. 😬

:))  That is of course an option. Let's hope we all won't get the same pterosaur randomly.
 May I send you a PM if this is going to happen? We might find something to trade.

Bread

When will this Apatosaurus be listed on amazon? I'm certainly considering it as it's definitely a not so usual colorscheme or color pallet used.

BlueKrono

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 26, 2023, 09:50:11 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on December 25, 2023, 02:27:00 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on December 24, 2023, 09:20:42 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on December 24, 2023, 07:59:45 PMYou're welcome to mine. I might even end up getting more than one.

Seriously? That would be too nice of you :) . How come you might get more than one?

To get all three colors. 😬

:))  That is of course an option. Let's hope we all won't get the same pterosaur randomly.
 May I send you a PM if this is going to happen? We might find something to trade.

Yes, of course. I think the odds of a coin flip coming up tails four times in a row is unlikely.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ceratopsian

According to Paleofiguras, it has already sold avatar_Bread @Bread.

Quote from: Bread on December 26, 2023, 03:38:12 PMWhen will this Apatosaurus be listed on amazon? I'm certainly considering it as it's definitely a not so usual colorscheme or color pallet used.

Ambre

That Sinoceratops looks good !!

ceratopsian

There is no end to the energy of Haolonggood and V @vampiredesign!

From Haolonggood on Facebook:

And their announcement:
"The last new product in 2023, looking forward to December 30, Beijing time" "Sinoceratops 1:35"

Ambre

GojiraGuy1954

Would prefer a few other Ceratopsians over Sinoceratops, but this one still looks good. Will buy it instead of PNSO's version. Need them to keep making this group at least until an Einiosaurus comes out.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

ceratopsian

Sinoceratops wouldn't have been at the top of my list either.  Nevertheless I'm pretty happy!

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on December 27, 2023, 09:44:32 AMWould prefer a few other Ceratopsians over Sinoceratops, but this one still looks good. Will buy it instead of PNSO's version. Need them to keep making this group at least until an Einiosaurus comes out.

BlueKrono

My #1 favorite ceratopsian. This will be hard to say no to, but I'm very happy with my PNSO and I'm trying not to start any more collections!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Bread

This Sinoceratops is gorgeous, and I'm glad I skipped out on PNSO's.

I certainly can't keep up with these releases, though, but I will say what an excellent lineup for Haolonggood 2023!

V @vampiredesign bravo and you've certainly outdone yourself!

Now, I will most likely be waiting on the Euoplocephalus to be released to then purchase the last few recent releases we've gotten. I gotta say, that's one of my most anticipated reveals/sneak peeks so far, the Euoplocephalus.

thomasw100

This Sinoceratops looks really great. I like that the two new ceratopsians have paint schemes that look more classy and natural and that the wiggly white lines have disappeared. In combination with the more finely textured surface they are able to produce now these make for wonderful figures.

thomasw100

Haolonggood has really been the rising star of this year 2023. Who could have imagined from the very first releases in spring that they would bring out such an amazing selection of figures? They have in my view made several important achievements in 2023 alone. First, they have reached a level of quality in terms of sculpt fineness and detail that can match up with PNSO, which until now was clearly the top company. Second, they have reached a quite high level of scientific accuracy that places them as one of the top three players in the field. I count in this category also Eofauna and PNSO. Third, they have matured their paint schemes to the point that their models look very natural and real. Fourth, they have been bold enough to make large sauropod models in 1:35 scale and they will make even larger ones in 2024. Fifth, they are the best company when it comes to interaction with their customer base, they frequently ask for feedback and they implement that feedback in their next models. So judging from the journey of Haolonggood in 2023 and all the models that have been teased already, I believe that 2024 will be an even stronger year for them.

Concavenator

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 27, 2023, 12:24:48 PMSecond, they have reached a quite high level of scientific accuracy that places them as one of the top three players in the field. I count in this category also Eofauna and PNSO.

I disagree with this. Eofauna and PNSO are both more consistent with scientific accuracy than HLG. Safari as well.

Good thing is this can be solved with more research, or asking the community for advice. And since they've already showed us W.I.P.s of some of their upcoming works, here's to hoping next year their figures will be more scientifically accurate. This is my only gripe with them, really. Their paint apps are great, and so are the prices and the interaction with fans.

Anyways, it's evident HLG has experienced a massive growth this year, and I congratulate them for that. I hope 2024 will be an even more successful year for the company!

Faelrin

That blue and orange one kind of looks like the original BotM Styracosaurus. Nice to see another figure of this genus out there (aside from the recently released tiny Meng one), other then PNSO's and the BotM.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

I really am appreciating HLG's ceratopsian releases, especially since both Safari and PNSO have taken long breaks from producing them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: