You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ancestors Models - new for 2023 (teaser)

Started by Halichoeres, January 04, 2023, 06:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Heads up, on twitter avatar_Himmapaan @Himmapaan showed off a bonus Zalmoxes (or something similar) that came with their unpainted pre-release version of Tlatolopholus they just received! I'm not sure if this is planned to be a standard inclusion or not, since avatar_Himmapaan @Himmapaan themself didn't even realize it was included until they nearly threw it out with the box into the recycling bin!

Image below, full tweet here: https://twitter.com/Himmapaan/status/1653440703001767939?s=20

Concavenator

New release:

Also bear in mind S @shahinos post. They will also be releasing a Meraxes and a Denversaurus soon, aside from the Columbian Mammoth avatar_Renecito @Renecito shared.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Ancestors posted these teasers on their social media:

Pretty sure the second one is a Perucetus.

Eatmycar

Primitive whales are absolutely grotesque and I love it. Is this a first for this genus?

Concavenator

E @Eatmycar If it will indeed be a Perucetus (which I'm assuming it will be), then yes. This animal was only described last month!

Bread

I guarantee that the therapod is a Tyrannosaur. Ancestor Model's seems to be a pretty big fan of the genus. I am curious to see their take instead of the Prehistoric Planet version they've been going at.

Halichoeres

Meanwhile, the Columbian mammoth is supposedly available now. They seem to have closed their Etsy shop, though--can you only order now by emailing them?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Has anyone received their Tlatolophus yet? Still no news on mine even though I preordered it the first day preorders were available back in April. They haven't even replied to any of my messages since July...

I'm not having the best of experiences, as you could probably tell.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Concavenator on December 31, 2023, 05:00:22 PMHas anyone received their Tlatolophus yet? Still no news on mine even though I preordered it the first day preorders were available back in April. They haven't even replied to any of my messages since July...

That's why I got my money back a few months ago. The worst communication imaginable. I won't do business with them again.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Concavenator on December 31, 2023, 05:00:22 PMHas anyone received their Tlatolophus yet? Still no news on mine even though I preordered it the first day preorders were available back in April. They haven't even replied to any of my messages since July...

I also ordered it in April and finally received it in August after months of communicating back and forth. I reached them by messaging the Guanlong Store on Facebook.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Concavenator

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian Out of curiosity, did you also happen to order the Tlatolophus?

I saw a guy on YouTube mention they haven't received an order they made more than a year ago...

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono Lucky you! I've wrote to them both via Instagram and through Facebook Messenger. Last time they replied to one of my messages was in July via Instagram.

Later in October I wrote them again via Instagram and they left me on seen. Later in November I also wrote to them via Instagram and they didn't even leave me on seen that time. Last week I texted them through Facebook Messenger and haven't replied to me either.

So it's not just that they don't get back to me and tell me about any updates once in a while, they are straight up ghosting me lol. As avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian says, their communication is... not the greatest.

BlueKrono

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I'm sorry they're doing that to you. I last communicated with them in July, which is when they gave me my tracking #. It arrived the following month. Ghosting is one of the most annoying and omnipresent signs of our times.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

TlatolophusJuanorum

I also ordered my Tlatolophus since the first day and haven't received yet. I have sent a lot of messages since then to their Facebook page and the only responses I got were that they lost them and, as early December, they've recovered but need to paint them. avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator is also aware of it, but I'm in the ghosting list too ever since.
It is sad to see that downfall and downgrade in the final product from some that shared their pictures in the Paleofiguras group.

thomasw100

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on January 01, 2024, 06:22:10 AMI also ordered my Tlatolophus since the first day and haven't received yet. I have sent a lot of messages since then to their Facebook page and the only responses I got were that they lost them and, as early December, they've recovered but need to paint them. avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator is also aware of it, but I'm in the ghosting list too ever since.
It is sad to see that downfall and downgrade in the final product from some that shared their pictures in the Paleofiguras group.

Another fraudster company?

Blade-of-the-Moon

It seems to be a recurring theme with these smaller companies. They start up, do well, get overwhelmed and disappear.  Small businesses are lucky if one in a hundred make it to their 2nd year.   It's hard as a consumer to trust a new brand and it's just worse when they do and then this happens. All I can recommend is that as a business do not take on more than you can handle, sales are not the end all be all. If something happens that delays your product or stops you from releasing it be honest and let people know. If your a buyer make purchases within a 30 day window, no more than 60 so you have some recourse to get your funds back at the least. There is a lot of understanding needed on both sides. 

Dusty Wren

Yeah, I wouldn't jump to "fraudulent company" when "people who are new to running a business don't understand all the costs and labor required to run a successful business" is such a common story. You see this a lot among Kickstarter projects, as well. In a capitalistic society, creative people are constantly pressured to monetize their creative pursuits, but being good at making something doesn't mean you'll also be good at marketing it, fulfilling orders, and managing your budget.     

To be clear, that doesn't mean that small companies get a free pass to take people's money. But I don't think most of them start out with the intention to scam, either.
Check out my customs thread!

BlueKrono

I think the fact that they produced a product and distributed it to some customers would indicate that they're somewhere outside the realm of "fraudulent".

Concavenator

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono Out of curiosity, did you happen to preorder the Tlatolophus on April 14th? That's the first day preorders became available.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Concavenator on January 01, 2024, 06:27:21 PMavatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono Out of curiosity, did you happen to preorder the Tlatolophus on April 14th? That's the first day preorders became available.

Yes, I did.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: