News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

More measured this year. I mean, it was like x-mas all year 'round. But this would have been impossible with the aid of my parents, and my job(s).

Concavenator

Managed to find a decently-priced, good condition Safari Pachyrhinosaurus. A pity most of Safari's (fine) ceratopsians are now gone.

Dusty Wren

Congrats, avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator! The Safari Pachyrhinosaurus is such a good figure. I wish we'd get another ceratopsian from Safari.
Check out my customs thread!

Faelrin

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Congrats on the find.

I'm going to need to hunt for that one soon. I'm still behind it, the Diabloceratops, and the Vagaceratops, but I did place an order for the Diabloceratops (along some other figures), so it just leaves those two left. A shame most of those ceratopsians have been retired now, leaving only the Regaliceratops, Styracosaurus, and the two Triceratops models left.

Edit: Currently, or soon available ornithischians include (excluding retired but not sold out yet, and Dino Dana re-releases and repaints), include: Ankylosaurus, Dracorex, Iguanodon, Kentrosaurus repaint, Pachycephalosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Regaliceratops, Sauropelta, 2 Stegosaurus, Stegouros, Styracosaurus, Stygimoloch, 2 Triceratops, and Zuul for 16 figures, 14 genera. At least thyreophorans have it good. Ornithopods have it the worst, with only Iguanodon and Parasaurolophus remaining.

Compared to:
Spoiler
Sauropods: Amargasaurus, Apatosaurus, 2 Brachiosaurus babies, 2 Brachosaurus, Camarasaurus, Diplodocus, Malawisaurus, Patagotitan for 10 figures, 7 genera
Prehistoric mammals: American Mastodon, Daeodon, Doedicurus, Giant Sloth, Hyaenodon, Macrauchenia, Megacerops, Smilodon, Woolly mammoth baby, Woolly mammoth, Woolly rhino for 11 figures, 10 genera
Pterosaurs: Dimorphodon, 2 Pteranodon, "Pterosaur", Quetzalcoatlus, Rhamphorhynchus, and Tapejara for 7 figures, 6 genera
Marine and other reptiles: Elasmosaurus, Ichthyosaurus, Kaprosuchus, Kronosaurus, Liopleurodon, Mosasaurus, Postosuchus, Prestosuchus, Sarcosuchus, Tylosaurus for 10 figures, and genera
Other: Ammonite, Coelacanth, Dimetrodon, Dunkleosteus, Estemmenosuchus, Megalodon for 6 figures, and genera
Now for theropods: Acrocanthosaurus, Albertosaurus, 2 Allosaurus, Anzu, Archaeopteryx, Baryonyx, Carcharodontosaurus, Carnotaurus, Ceratosaurus, Coelophysis, Cryolophosaurus, Daspletosaurus, Deinonychus, 2 Dilophosaurus, Feathered Tyrannosaurus, Feathered Velociraptor, Giganotosaurus, Majungasaurus, Masiakasaurus, Microraptor, Monolophosaurus, "Nanotyrannus", 2 Spinosaurus, Suchomimus, Tyrannosaurus baby, Therizinosaurus, 3 more Tyrannosaurus, Utahraptor, Velociraptor, Yutyrannus for 35 figures, and 26 genera assuming I didn't miscount.

Edit 2: Here's a pie chart visual:

[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

Thank you both!

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Well, I would try grabbing them ASAP, if you can, of course. The Vagaceratops is still available from Safari's website. On the other hand, the Pachyrhinosaurus seems to have become rarer, it's nowhere to be found considering Safari's website, ED, Dan's Dinosaurs nor even eBay...

And particularly out of those ceratopsids, I'm struck by the fact that Pachyrhinosaurus is among the retired ones. It's probably the 3rd most famous ceratopsid after Triceratops and Styracosaurus, after all. In such a scenario, a priori I don't think it would look too good for the Regaliceratops, though of course I hope to be wrong.

Fembrogon

Starting the year off strong!

First I have one more Kaiyodo Dinotales lot from eBay that arrived yesterday; these were purchased last year (ha), but took just a little longer to arrive. I thought I was going to deal with a few duplicates, but it turned out each of these figurines is technically unique for me (I'll go into why in my collection thread soon).

Second is a nice little box of goodies from Happy Hen Toys; they've been sending out email adverts about their current sales, so I finally took the bait. Most of what's pictured here was indeed on sale to a small or large degree.

Focus shot of the extincts:

PNSO Gigantoraptor & Megalosaurus, Collecta Brighstoneus & Koolasuchus, and Mojo Triceratops.

SidB

Second day into 2024, and my Favorite order from Brett arrived. First, this Deinocheirus:

A comparison with the figures of PNSO and Safari:

The Favorite 2023 Deinocheirus is slightly larger than Safari's figure:

Next is the new 2023 Favorite Ichthyosaurus:

A comparison with examples from Schleich, Safari and the classic Carnegie Safari:

Roselaar

First catch of the year, good start!

Faelrin

My first arrival of the new year, the Rebor Woodland Stegosaurus:

More on this here, including more pics.

Sim

I've acquired the following recently:

1 and 2. Both versions of the Haolongood Baryonyx.  I like them both, but to my surprise it's the green one that I like most.  It's very nice when a great figure is one of my favourite animals.

3. Haolonggood red Kosmoceratops.  I like this figure a lot, but it seems a little sticky?  I'm not sure what to do about it, I do want to have it in my collection.

4. Kaiyodo green Huayangosaurus.  It replaces my PNSO Huayangosaurus as I like the sculpt of Kaiyodo's quite a lot more.

5. Kaiyodo Sauropelta.  A figure this good ought to cost more than I payed for it I think.

6. Kaiyodo Saichania.  It's very good but it's too small for me.

7. Kaiyodo yellow Coelophysis.  It's an impressive figure.

8. PNSO Yangchuanosaurus "magnus".  This figure is extremely good.  It makes me feel fine about it replacing the PNSO museum Yangchuanosaurus, a figure that I liked a lot but that this new PNSO Yangchuanosaurus is much better than.

9. PNSO Zuul.  In the end I scrathed off the paint on the single orange osteoderm to give the figure a more symmetrical look.  I'm happy with it now.

Fembrogon

Quote from: SidB on January 04, 2024, 03:11:00 AMSecond day into 2024, and my Favorite order from Brett arrived.
-snip-
Those both look very nice! (the Ichthyosaurus less so than the Deinocheirus, though) I'll have to seriously mark those on my own wishlist.

SidB

Quote from: Fembrogon on January 05, 2024, 01:35:46 AM
Quote from: SidB on January 04, 2024, 03:11:00 AMSecond day into 2024, and my Favorite order from Brett arrived.
-snip-
Those both look very nice! (the Ichthyosaurus less so than the Deinocheirus, though) I'll have to seriously mark those on my own wishlist.
One thing that immediately became obvious (at least to me) - they both have the inimitable "Favorite" look, which appeals to me: authentically Favorite, love it or leave it.

PrimevalRaptor

Got myself the Safari Ltd Prestosuchus and Papo fox as a late-ish birthday present from a gift card, always love seeing more Triassic fauna and the sculpt of this one, especially the head is really great, love the colors as well
Looking forward to taking some better photos outside whenever we have nice weather again lol

SenSx

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on January 05, 2024, 06:45:00 PMGot myself the Safari Ltd Prestosuchus and Papo fox as a late-ish birthday present from a gift card, always love seeing more Triassic fauna and the sculpt of this one, especially the head is really great, love the colors as well
Looking forward to taking some better photos outside whenever we have nice weather again lol

It's one of my favorite Safari figures, maybe N°2.

Gwangi

I don't normally post here because I usually only get a figure or two here or there but this time was different. This is one of the largest orders I've ever placed, thanks to Safari's Blowout Sale. It's sad to think that all these are now discontinued. Some of these, like the right whale, moon bear, tree kangaroo, and Citipati are figures I've been wanting for a long time but kept putting off. I'm glad I didn't miss out on them.

I gotta say too, a lot of these are much better than I expected. Safari's promo pictures don't do their products justice. There are a few here I only got because they were so cheap and I was not sure how much I would like them. Turns out, I love them all!

I realize that most of these are extant but there are two extinct animals in there too. I always considered the Deinocheirus too small for me but being about 80% off was enough to change my mind about it. My collection is not in a specific scale anyway. Looks odd standing next to the Citipati though.

Faelrin

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi Congrats on the haul. The Deinocheirus and Citipati are still two of my favorite figures from them.

MLMjp

The three wise kings brought me these 3, otherwise I would have never got them any other way.

And you wanna know where they found these? In the New Delhi airport! In India! WTF!

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Fembrogon

I can definitely say I've never seen the Irritator in person myself, and I think I saw Metri only once or twice. Nice find!

Concavenator, meanwhile, seems to be a figure my local stores can't get rid of for the life of them. Guess somebody goofed up in stocking!

FrancisDinoMan

Well here is everything I acquired during these holidays. I hope you're off to a good start. I really didn't expect to get 2 Papo Brown Velociraptor, being one of the most difficult discontinued figures to find in second-hand stores nowadays. Since I have the opportunity, I'm going to buy the Baby JP REBOR Velociraptor in the future so I can give them a family lol.

As for the PNSO baby t rex "Aaron", it finally arrived yesterday, it took a strange time to arrive despite having requested it at the beginning of last month, but now that I have it, it is one of the most adorable and detailed figures of a baby dinosaur The only bad thing is its scale but it still serves as a good desk decoration.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: