You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ancestors Models - new for 2023 (teaser)

Started by Halichoeres, January 04, 2023, 06:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: Concavenator on December 31, 2023, 08:42:49 PMavatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian Out of curiosity, did you also happen to order the Tlatolophus?

Yes, I did. It was already hard to even get in contact with them. When it finally worked I was asked for a $50 deposit which I paid. After that I haven't heard anything for months. No answers to my questions, no information about the status.
Not wanting me as a cutomer is okay, but please don't take my money then.
I wouldn't call them frauds, but they're being unfriendly, dubious & unreliable. And they should learn English if they want to sell their products internationally. Ancestors Models doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned.

Concavenator

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian I find it a bit strange they charged you 50 $ for that preorder... I was charged 36.14 $ for the same thing. That aside, my experience has basically been the same as yours, except that I haven't asked for a reimbursement yet, I'll give them more time.

I wouldn't go and call them fraudsters either. I completely understand that they're a very small business and that they do what they can (when it comes to delivering products to their customers, because their communication is really awful as avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian said). Of course, that doesn't mean one's order is secured, for example, I remember reading a review on Etsy of someone claiming they received a broken figure, asked for a replacement and wasn't provided one. But I get it, being a small company there's not much they can probably do, and things like this could happen (understandable, but it still obviously sucks from a customer's perspective).

I'd say the problems here are the terrible communication and the lack of openness. I'd rather be made aware there's been some issue with my order and that they're trying to find a solution rather than being ghosted for months. As I previously said, it's not that I've been given no updates regarding my order, they aren't even replying to my messages to begin with, how does it get worse than this?

To no one's surprise, I hope this will be my last order from them (well, if the current one is completed anyways).

Bread

I was quoted a down payment of about $50 from Ancestor's via Instagram.

However, I did not go through with the transaction. I felt hesitant due to my questions not being answered. This included my concerns for approximately when products would be finished, shipped out, possible shipping cost, and if I could combine two orders together to save on shipping cost (this was around the time their swimming Hank was up for preorder).

I'm not trying to bash them, but it's quite odd that I was answered pretty quickly when I asked on how to go about preordering their model(s), yet my questions were not answered regarding my concerns. I'd still really like to have their swimming Hank out of all things, so I'm holding out hope for that (yes I did preorder him and not the hadrosaurs).

Concavenator

Quote from: Bread on January 02, 2024, 04:43:24 PMHowever, I did not go through with the transaction. I felt hesitant due to my questions not being answered. This included my concerns for approximately when products would be finished, shipped out, possible shipping cost, and if I could combine two orders together to save on shipping cost (this was around the time their swimming Hank was up for preorder).

That's odd, they did answer me when I asked them concerning shipping costs and duration and completion dates. That was the day I made the order.

Faelrin

Small company or not, the lack of transparency, and lack of communication is completely unacceptable and unprofessional. While I'm not in any particular rush, I did have my eyes on some of their models (particularly their Edmontosaurus), but I'd rather not do buisness with folks that would potentially take my money and run with it. If you recieve payment for a product you need to deliver it, or have transparency on what the hold up is. Otherwise it is fraud, period.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

I kinda feel bad for starting this thread in the first place. Sorry to hear they haven't been able to keep up with their ambitions.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres You don't have to feel bad for anything. I always say we should encourage emerging companies, so I appreciate it whenever some attention is given to them. It's not your (nor our) fault that the Ancestors team is this unreliable.

postsaurischian

That's right.
 I really wanted the Tlatolophus when I first saw it. Seems to be a great model.
 Maybe I gave up hope to early but Ancestor's (non-) behavior was enervating.

Fembrogon

Man, I remember being very excited back when the Edmontosaurus was being announced, only to back away when I discovered how expensive the line was, and potentially how fragile. I still hoped the best for the brand, but it sounds like the project is on its way to being a bust. 'Tis a pity.

Concavenator

I have some news. After all these months of silence, the Ancestors team finally reached out to me and apologized. They told me they were stolen several Tlatolophus and Hanks, and that they're doing what they can to deliver the orders to the customers. They also told me my Tlatolophus is ready to ship.

Based on this, I wouldn't expect to see additional releases from them, considering they're busy trying to fulfill their current orders...

Ancestor models

Hello everyone, I am the person in charge of the figures of ancestor models, and have been sending the missing tlatolophus, as you know some with whom I communicated occurred a situation out of my hands and took me a while to recover I make this comment to see if anyone is missing to send his figure respectively as I have noticed that several have not yet arrived.

Concavenator

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Ancestor models on January 30, 2024, 03:27:46 PMHello everyone, I am the person in charge of the figures of ancestor models, and have been sending the missing tlatolophus, as you know some with whom I communicated occurred a situation out of my hands and took me a while to recover I make this comment to see if anyone is missing to send his figure respectively as I have noticed that several have not yet arrived.
As do mine! Just a few more days till I get it :)

thomasw100

As there is mentioning of Tlatolophus, there will soon a new model sculpted by VFB Paleoart available through Dinosauria Creatures. This will be a high-quality 3D resin print which will come by default unpainted. But you can also order it either as primed or fully custom painted directly through Dinosauria Creatures. I am definitely getting one.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ancestor models on January 30, 2024, 03:27:46 PMHello everyone, I am the person in charge of the figures of ancestor models, and have been sending the missing tlatolophus, as you know some with whom I communicated occurred a situation out of my hands and took me a while to recover I make this comment to see if anyone is missing to send his figure respectively as I have noticed that several have not yet arrived.

Thank you for sharing this. Glad to know folks are going to receive their orders.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Today I received my Tlatolophus and voilá! Astonishing little figure, I'm pretty impressed and relieved that it is finally here.

The long awaited comparison between 好龙谷 Tlatolophus' and Ancestors

Bombastic side eye

Side by side comparison

And finally, some random Hip-Hop / Rap album art

[Angel and the gang]  8)
[Edit: family photos]

a bit unfocused tho.

BlueKrono

That is quite an impressive Tlaty herd.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ceratopsian

An impressive new arrival avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum.  Very handsome addition.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Halichoeres

Very glad to see these reaching their new homes!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: