News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Jurassic World Film!!!! 😀

Started by Giganotosaurus, January 22, 2024, 08:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dynomikegojira

I'm really finding hard to figure who I'd actually want to direct this that's not doing something else.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: HD-man on February 09, 2024, 10:14:19 PMD @dragon53
Quote from: dragon53 on February 09, 2024, 06:01:50 PMI guess Universal didn't want assassin raptors not using their claws, but shooting their victim in the back of the head, then under the chin, in the mouth, then in the temple and---to make sure the victim is dead---shoot 'em right between the eyes. ::)

Is that a specific Leitch movie scene? If so, which 1? Just wondering

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 08, 2024, 03:04:03 PMKlayton pretty much covers the concerns here :

For those who wanna avoid Klayton's previously-discussed toxicity ( https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=11253.msg364677#msg364677 ), here's an alternative video (which is especially relevant now that Leitch is out):

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 23, 2024, 05:42:49 PMSounds like he just "found" religion.

Spoiler
W/all due respect, that's a very generous understatement, given that he equates homosexuality w/murder.
[close]

I looked when you mentioned an issue before and couldn't find any reference where he said anything?  Feel free to PM me specific links.

I'm a betting a company like Universal already has a plan. Look how they handle their theme parks. Much better than Disney.  They probably have a long list and are just going down it and all these leaks are to build hype.

Newt

You know who would be a good director for a film in this franchise? Steven Spielberg. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Newt on February 11, 2024, 12:34:26 AMYou know who would be a good director for a film in this franchise? Steven Spielberg.

I think if he wanted he could easily take it. That said I'm not sure he would want it.

I still think Bryce would be a good go to.

From what I read, the story and direction of the film is pretty far along already and the producers are moving it forward. They just need a director to handle the actual shooting. Well a lot of directors want influence on the story/script to "brand" it and they just don't have time to make those changes.  So they need a figure head director to do the job they have already decided on. Going on that, anyone will just about work if they play ball with Universal.

I also read Leitch might have left due to issues with a producer for universal that is currently upsetting many others.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Newt on February 11, 2024, 12:34:26 AMYou know who would be a good director for a film in this franchise? Steven Spielberg.

I dunno, I'm not sure even he could rescue the franchise from the corners it's backed itself into.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

HD-man

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sounds like we might get a more Battle At Big Rock type film?

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 12, 2024, 03:24:17 PMSounds like we might get a more Battle At Big Rock type film?

I will be honest.

AFTER JW

Battle at Big Rock was the Best film we got from the films with the JURASSIC WORLD title.   Comeing before JWD, and before JW:FK

Carnoking

More action-focused feels like a weird goal seeing as the World trilogy felt pretty action-focused what with its massive dino fights, Malta motorcycle chases, black market brawls, underground auction action, rooftop running, crashing planes, and volcanic destruction to name a few examples.

Gwangi

Maybe it will be like The Gray, but with dinosaurs.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on February 12, 2024, 04:30:17 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 12, 2024, 03:24:17 PMSounds like we might get a more Battle At Big Rock type film?

I will be honest.

AFTER JW

Battle at Big Rock was the Best film we got from the films with the JURASSIC WORLD title.   Comeing before JWD, and before JW:FK

Agreed.  For a smaller film, not like during either park's construction, but within the JW universe, this is what I would like. Fun dialogue, action, some science added, and nice well rounded plot that leaves you wanting to know what happens next.

triceratops83

Before Jurassic World came out, I'd always imagined a fourth film taking place in Costa Rica, with a team trying to verify and contain escaped dinosaurs.

Also, I hope there's no over the top human villains in any JW film going forth. In JP, Nedry was committing Industrial Espionage (Which seems likely and believable.) and in the Lost World, the "villains" were actually well within their rights to do what they were doing.
What bugged me about Fallen Kingdom and Dominion were that they had basically Bond villains, complete with hired goons for Chris Pratt to punch out and world domination plots with locusts and food shortages. It just feels wrong for Jurassic Park.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 13, 2024, 03:44:07 AMBefore Jurassic World came out, I'd always imagined a fourth film taking place in Costa Rica, with a team trying to verify and contain escaped dinosaurs.

Also, I hope there's no over the top human villains in any JW film going forth. In JP, Nedry was committing Industrial Espionage (Which seems likely and believable.) and in the Lost World, the "villains" were actually well within their rights to do what they were doing.
What bugged me about Fallen Kingdom and Dominion were that they had basically Bond villains, complete with hired goons for Chris Pratt to punch out and world domination plots with locusts and food shortages. It just feels wrong for Jurassic Park.

I think that was what a lot of us thought would happen. Then Crichton basically wrapped up that wonderful cliffhanger in TLW novel, explaining how they were all destroyed.  :-\

I do agree we don't need villain's when we have run amuck dinosaurs that said someone will always try to capitalize on something/some situation.  I really thought Dodgson from the novel was fine the way he was. I didn't much care for how Dominion used him.

triceratops83

Exactly - Dodgson as written is the sort of ideal low key villain that works for these stories, NOT goons with machine guns.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 13, 2024, 04:11:55 AMExactly - Dodgson as written is the sort of ideal low key villain that works for these stories, NOT goons with machine guns.

Or..whatever he was in the film..a Ludlow like character?  It wasn't what I was hoping for. I guess at this point I need a film with maybe a higher age rating to really do something?

HD-man

Nothing much new, but I am surprised by 9:08. He says that as if it's a controversial statement. Not that the sequel movies can't be enjoyed (depending on who's watching & under what circumstances), just that they're very lacking when it comes to what made JP good. Put another way, "the first movie had great characters with great interactions and actual ethical discussions. If you remove Jurassic Park's heart and intelligence, you get Jurassic Park 3. If you add additional stupidity, you get [Fallen Kingdom]" ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5G0OdV8sY0 ).
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Takama

After watching that video

I hope it flops like a fish on the beachside.

Im sorry,   but if this is the way they are going to treat it.    Why should I have any faith in it.

And if that happens and they learn their lesson

Then GOOD RIIDENCE

stargatedalek

Quote from: HD-man on February 18, 2024, 09:10:59 AMNothing much new, but I am surprised by 9:08. He says that as if it's a controversial statement. Not that the sequel movies can't be enjoyed (depending on who's watching & under what circumstances), just that their very lacking when it comes to what made JP good. Put another way, "the first movie had great characters with great interactions and actual ethical discussions. If you remove Jurassic Park's heart and intelligence, you get Jurassic Park 3. If you add additional stupidity, you get [Fallen Kingdom]"
I have to hard disagree. The only movies I would say I don't think are good are JP3 and JW1. TLW at least tried to do something interesting, even if I would agree that it ultimately failed. JP3 meanwhile aimed for the narrative broad side of a barn ("family :)") and still missed. JW1 makes me want to pull my hair out, so perhaps I'm too soft on JWFK because it specifically walks back the stuff I hated so much about JW1 (Claire's bizarre characterization in the first JW I found to be bordering on misogyny). And JWD is fine, it's not trying to be something super deep, but it also doesn't completely bungle it's very basic narrative like JP3 does.

And if we're talking morals... I actually do kind of take issue with those from the first movie. It removed the anti-capitalist elements from the book and as a result ends up feeling like an anti-science or even anti-zoo narrative, because John Hammond being an awful person was the linchpin that tied the themes and plot together. By making him dino-santa they make the parks failure look like an inevitability, instead of a dangerous result of cost-cutting and greedy management. It's still an incredible movie, I would say the execution is so well done that I'm not bothered by the thematic shift, but if we're specifically going to be talking about morals I think JP is a textbook example of a film adaptation loosing the thematic core of the original.

Carnoking

I'm glad they have a script that they like and want to "protect" rather than having something designed by committee.
It's their staunch commitment to the July '25 release date that troubles me more than anything.

Eatmycar

They also had the Sayles script with raptor-human people they believed in for a hot minute, so I'm not trusting their 'protected' script to be good, honestly.

I'll be honest, the more I hear about this (which is a lot considering it's all gossip about how they can't get this thing afloat), the less I care. Just do good enough to keep the Mattel line going, that's all I sincerely care about. Jurassic hasn't written compelling characters since 1993, and it even shits on the story arcs of the original three survivors with Dominion.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: