News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Jurassic World Film!!!! 😀

Started by Giganotosaurus, January 22, 2024, 08:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Carnoking on February 06, 2024, 01:34:50 PMI'm sure he could make a better action movie but thinking back to the original film, it didn't need bombastic action to be thrilling.

Agreed. There are some great action scenes in the original, but they have room to breathe with slower scenes between them that help to flesh out the characters and story with elaborate and well-written dialogue. And there's a much better use of suspense and buildup. I always like to point out that almost the entire first film foreshadows the threat of the raptors. It isn't until the end of the film that we actually see them in full-- ironically as a jumpscare.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Reuben03

Quote from: Takama on January 22, 2024, 10:18:43 PMI have no hope for the same care given for the first 3 JP films and its dinosaurs (yes that includes JP3). 

Hollywood has in recent years proven it gives no hoots about what it does to Dinosaurs in film.

65 is the worst example

Worst case scenario this one takes heavy use of Ai in some scenes

yep spot on. all this announcement has done is bother me. i was somewhat interested when i heard david koepp was coming back but i lost alll interest after hearing about this new director guy. modern movies are absolutely dreadful. goodness knows what they're even gonna call it. ive heard all kinds of nonsense from jurassic era to jurassic earth. all sorts of rubbish. its just exhausting knowing this franchise is already dead and ruined but they keep kicking it while its down.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Reuben03

Quote from: Eatmycar on January 23, 2024, 07:17:48 AMA seventh Jurassic Park movie... eugh.

Whatever, at least this means the Hammond Collection and the toy line will be fine. After seeing Dominion in theatres on release day, no chance in hell I'll go see JP 7 in theatres.

hahah i agree fully. may be good for toys, not so much for anything else.

Reuben03

Quote from: Carnoking on January 23, 2024, 11:16:43 PMIf anything, it's another chance to see more accurate dinosaurs on the big screen. Maybe let John Favreau direct this one!
john favreau and david koepp would make the most visually charming post JP era jurassic movie in another timeline i'm sure. a man who clearly has respect for dinosaurs and animals in film and televison given his track record, and david koepp bringing back the much needed atmosphere of the park era.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Read on facebook that this one may have a smaller budget and be less "bombastic" in terms of effects.  That sounds like a good thing.

Reuben03

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 07, 2024, 02:40:51 AMRead on facebook that this one may have a smaller budget and be less "bombastic" in terms of effects.  That sounds like a good thing.
yeah I read the same thing. hoping this is a positive for the movie, it does sound like a good thing.

Libraraptor

As someone who only loves the first of all the six franchise's movies,to me the one and only Jurassic Park, I do not need a seventh one. I wait until it is on TV someday for easy entertainment. But go ahead, everyone can watch and like what they want  ;)

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 07, 2024, 02:40:51 AMRead on facebook that this one may have a smaller budget and be less "bombastic" in terms of effects.  That sounds like a good thing.

I want too read this as a good thing.

But i have a pessimistic view.

I also read that they are"fast tracking this film"  and all i have to ask "WHY"? AND HOW?   

Honestly I fear my biggest fear is going to come true, and NO its not the lack of research on the films Dinosaurs.

(Just preapare for the robot upriseing if studios keep this **** up)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on February 08, 2024, 01:44:54 PM

I want too read this as a good thing.

But i have a pessimistic view.

I also read that they are"fast tracking this film"  and all i have to ask "WHY"? AND HOW?   

Honestly I fear my biggest fear is going to come true, and NO its not the lack of research on the films Dinosaurs.

(Just preapare for the robot upriseing if studios keep this **** up)

Klayton pretty much covers the concerns here :

I'm not sure why it's being fast tracked if indeed that is what's happening. It's possible Universal had this in mind when the last film was being shot. They could be announcing all this when in reality they settled much of it already a year or more ago.  They are planning to film in Britain again, I think at Pinewood studios? I swear I read that.  They probably still have the props and animatronics there from the last film. They won't have a whole lot invested aside from cast and crew.

My guess is the goal here is to keep the Jurassic franchise rolling. To keep it front and center, to keep selling merchandise. They don't want to bury it again which is a good thing. One can have too much of a good thing though.  We are getting the new Camp Cretaceous Netflix series this year and the new survival horror game fans have wanted for years. Maybe either of these could tie into the film.  I sort of wonder if they will pull a Godzilla/Toho and just release stand alone films for Jurassic? That could be pretty cool.

dragon53

"Action maven David Leitch was in talks to take the Jurassic Park franchise in a new direction, but it appears those plans are now extinct. Leitch is no longer part of the series' future. Deadline reports that talks between Leitch and Universal, the dino-franchise's studio home, have ended. The parting was reportedly amicable, but Leitch's vision for the franchise was irreconcilable with the studio's plans."

I guess Universal didn't want assassin raptors not using their claws, but shooting their victim in the back of the head, then under the chin, in the mouth, then in the temple and---to make sure the victim is dead---shoot 'em right between the eyes. ::)

source: collider.com

Carnoking

That July '25 release date seems less and less likely

Blade-of-the-Moon

IDK, they may have a plan. I'm honestly kind of relieved as it really felt like it was going to be an " action/comedy film".

Prehistory Resurrection

From Evolution Square Youtube Channel, Community Post.

HD-man

D @dragon53
Quote from: dragon53 on February 09, 2024, 06:01:50 PMI guess Universal didn't want assassin raptors not using their claws, but shooting their victim in the back of the head, then under the chin, in the mouth, then in the temple and---to make sure the victim is dead---shoot 'em right between the eyes. ::)

Is that a specific Leitch movie scene? If so, which 1? Just wondering

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 08, 2024, 03:04:03 PMKlayton pretty much covers the concerns here :

For those who wanna avoid Klayton's previously-discussed toxicity ( https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=11253.msg364677#msg364677 ), here's an alternative video (which is especially relevant now that Leitch is out):

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 23, 2024, 05:42:49 PMSounds like he just "found" religion.

Spoiler
W/all due respect, that's a very generous understatement, given that he equates homosexuality w/murder.
[close]
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Takama

On one hand, im kinda wonder what caused him to leave,  because even though a lot of his films were action oriented,   some st least had a better story to tell then any the past 3 JW films

Then again They are fast tracking it,  and they seem keen on that date......when are they going to hire extras?      🤔

Halichoeres

avatar_Takama @Takama you want to see about trying out as an extra?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Universal wants a director who is "more of a shooter." Even worse: "There's not enough time to work with new ideas."[/b]

Yup, it's definitely going to be still more of the same tired dreck.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

Quote from: suspsy on February 10, 2024, 02:14:59 AMAccording to the Hollywood Reporter, Universal wants a director who is "more of a shooter." Even worse: "There's not enough time to work with new ideas."[/b]

Do you have a link to this article? Didn't see this in their report on Leitch leaving, maybe I missed it or read the wrong article.

Takama

At this rate. Why dont they just hire MICHEAL BAY🤣!!!!

At least he gave us the first big screen (Hollywood) Apperance of Psittacosaurus

Seirusly if they dont care,  Im no longer going to.

(Im sure that will come back and bite me later)

Nyrorosaurus

Quote from: Carnoking on February 10, 2024, 02:43:25 AM
Quote from: suspsy on February 10, 2024, 02:14:59 AMAccording to the Hollywood Reporter, Universal wants a director who is "more of a shooter." Even worse: "There's not enough time to work with new ideas."[/b]

Do you have a link to this article? Didn't see this in their report on Leitch leaving, maybe I missed it or read the wrong article.

The quote is taken from here: https://view.email.hollywoodreporter.com/?qs=ad71173d94a011586d0b905b568ef0f69e7def7fc6ef070c77eef779992c785c2c0dbe3e3dcecac370d86aa60699dea2ce6a89477261268b6e5357c6954fa4d77a66ce2d5dc43448

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: