News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampiredesign

The attention to the exhibition is very high, and indeed we are all very tired. I need to work overtime to take photos of new products. Thank you very much for your attention and suggestions. I will give feedback to the company as soon as possible. Some of the products announced are already in production. Theropoda has it, but time is running out to make a poster. Leave some expectations, they are very cool.
There are still some adjustments made to the physical prototype of some products and images. Regarding the future: While maintaining higher stability and quality, sales volume has increased, and our products are being controlled at cheaper prices. This has always been what I am pursuing, finding a better balance point.
Thank you very much here.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on March 23, 2024, 06:54:10 AM
I just watched this and I must say, the size of the Chasmosaurus pleases me very much. It's the first time in a long while that a 1:35 human figure looked big next to a prehistoric creature, and to me it looks like HLG have reached a milestone in creating well-detailed sculpts at a smaller scale. It's a good sign for collectors that have been waiting for such iterations of smaller creatures, and I'm here for it.

A 1:35 Kentrosaurus would likely be about the same length as this Chasmosaurus (12.8cm - 14.2cm for a 4.5m - 5m individual), and seeing how the scutes, horns and toes are done on the Chasmosaurus, I feel like it's only a matter of time till we see this creature finally represented in all its spiky glory. Not to mention the likely Huayangosaurus that has also been revealed - a test run for HLG, perhaps.

I particularly like the pose of the Chasmosaurus, almost like it's an extra thirsty individual breaking off from the herd and trotting more quickly to get to a watering hole first.

This is great stuff, keep going, V @vampiredesign !

postsaurischian

:)  Official pics of the Edmontosaurus. it will be shipped around April, 3rd.

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian. Both colour schemes are very satisfying but the gold has the edge for me.

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 25, 2024, 09:13:33 AMThanks avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian. Both colour schemes are very satisfying but the gold has the edge for me.

Because I started this thread I see it as my duty to keep it updated - especially the first post.
 With all these announcements I guess it will get confusing in a few months ;D .

I have had exactly the same thought and ordered the "golden" version. I also like the extra colour around its eye.

Bread

Those Edmontosaurus look fantastic, but I wish they stuck with the test product colorscheme, the blue and orange.

Carnoking

Gold is the winner for me, despite the abundance of brown/yellow tones already populating my shelves.

Dusty Wren

Oof, they're both very pretty. It's going to be a hard call. I'm leaning toward the gold (I really like the yellow crest and the brighter pink around the eye), but the green is attractive, too.
Check out my customs thread!

Gwangi

I think I'll be getting the gold one but they're both fantastic. Tough choice but what isn't a tough choice is choosing this one over PNSO's.

Concavenator

I prefer the green one, as it reminds me a bit of Saurian's Edmontosaurus (Anatosaurus). It also has some blue and purple on it, beautiful colors one doesn't usually get to see in dinosaur figures. Both look spectacular, though.

Also... ignoring sales, HLG's Edmontosaurus retails at 27,98 € on AliExpress (Jurassic Zoo store), whereas PNSO's Edmontosaurus is 64,84 € from their official AliExpress page. PNSO's is more than twice more expensive! Concretely, HLG's is about a 43 % of PNSO's price...  ::)

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Concavenator on March 25, 2024, 03:40:09 PMI prefer the green one, as it reminds me a bit of Saurian's Edmontosaurus (Anatosaurus). It also has some blue and purple on it, beautiful colors one doesn't usually get to see in dinosaur figures. Both look spectacular, though.

Also... ignoring sales, HLG's Edmontosaurus retails at 27,98 € on AliExpress (Jurassic Zoo store), whereas PNSO's Edmontosaurus is 64,84 € from their official AliExpress page. PNSO's is more than twice more expensive! Concretely, HLG's is about a 43 % of PNSO's price...  ::)
Even more, if you manage to get them through this AE Anniversary sale, you can get both of them even at a lower price  :P (that is what I'm going to do, along with Saurophaganax/Yangchuanosaurus. I can't decide yet.) Both Edmontosaurus are incredibly splendid in painting and sculpting schemes, Bravo to Haolonggood!

Carnoking

Even if HAOLONGGOOD remains unmatched in terms of what you are getting for the price, my preference still goes to PNSO's Ed based on what I'm seeing here, despite the some 30 dollars difference in cost here in the states. We'll see if my tune changes when I pick up one of these HLG beauties.

Faelrin

The green one is my preference. Ever since Saurian's gorgeous design dropped, or maybe even earlier, I've always liked this particular hadrosaur in green colors.

Also looks to have the large neck scales the recent PNSO one has. I also realized the CollectA one has those too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

Quote from: Faelrin on March 25, 2024, 05:53:38 PMAlso looks to have the large neck scales the recent PNSO one has. I also realized the CollectA one has those too.
The most recent Safari does too!

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim Thanks for pointing that out. It's nice to see the most recent options have all incorporated that feature.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Fembrogon

So, I don't really know where else to put it, but given people are probably going to be making AliExpress purchases before their sale is over... Has anyone seen this sort of message before?

Quote⚠ WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including phthalates (DEHP), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
I've started seeing this listed on a number of products, from Haolonggood, to TNG, to Bandai and others. I haven't seen this on PNSO figures yet.
I'm curious if anyone's knowledgeable enough to weigh in on this.

Torvosaurus

Quote from: Fembrogon on March 25, 2024, 07:14:14 PMSo, I don't really know where else to put it, but given people are probably going to be making AliExpress purchases before their sale is over... Has anyone seen this sort of message before?

Quote⚠ WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including phthalates (DEHP), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
I've started seeing this listed on a number of products, from Haolonggood, to TNG, to Bandai and others. I haven't seen this on PNSO figures yet.

Yes. Pthalates are used to make plastics more durable. This isn't just one chemical. It's a family of chemicals. They are used in everything from make-ups to medical tubing to plastic toys. There are also pthalates in a person's urine, naturally, being disposed of.

I don't know how likely someone is to being exposed to them. In plastics like a toy dinosaur, I personally think its unlikely. It's more likely someone using make-ups is far more susceptible. But if they are used in plastics, then they have to warn everyone buying the toy that they are present because of the risk of cancer.

Torvo

Gwangi

I've seen that warning on every fishing lure I've ever bought.  :P

ceratopsian

Given that Haolonggood (and PNSO models) have a certificate of compliance for import into the UK, I'm not too worried.  Plus I'm not sucking or chewing my models.  I would worry far more about buying cheap electrical goods on AliExpress.

Concavenator

Quote from: Fembrogon on March 25, 2024, 07:14:14 PM

Who knows what the context behind that warning is... If you've seen it on AliExpress as you mention, then I assume it's from some unofficial seller (because, AFAIK, Haolonggood doesn't have an official AliExpress page, do they?). In that case, there are several possibilities. Like it could be a copy-paste the seller wrote alluding to other company/ies that particular store may retail, for example.

Also, as far as safety is concerned, let's not forget V @vampiredesign showed us their CE certification last year (which, BTW, arose as a response to unfounded statements speculating about a potential toxicity being present in HLG's products):

Quote from: vampiredesign on June 16, 2023, 10:32:37 AM

The black box is an undisclosed new product, and the new species has not been announced yet. The CE certification for the new species has already been obtained.

That alone eliminates any safety-related concerns, at least for me.

And this may be off-topic, but I think people in general are exposed to more harmful factors on a daily basis that the contact they would realistically have with some figure from their personal collection. Stuff like cosmetics, as T @Torvosaurus mentioned, pesticides, etc. Or even habits, like people staying in front of the microwave while it's on, or people who don't care if there are burnt pieces in the food they are consuming and still eat them... etc. I would worry more about avoiding stuff like this than I would about holding a dinosaur toy. Myself (and since this is a collector's forum, I imagine most members will probably relate to my experience, at least to a degree), the physical contact I have with my figures is pretty limited: usually to about once a month, when I dust off my shelves. And when I do, I don't even hold the figure/s in question for 1 min. Needless to say, when I'm done handling the figures I always wash my hands, and of course too if what I'm going to do afterwards is eat something. But this stuff is common sense. If I was afraid of the contact I could have with a figure from my collection, then I would be terrified of walking into a biochemistry/microbiology lab (even with protection), and that's clearly not the case.

Again, the previous paragraph is just imagining a scenario in which HLG's figures could, somehow, be potentially toxic. But, based on the already-shown certification presented by V @vampiredesign and the "certificate of compliance for import into the UK" avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian mentioned, we can claim such a scenario doesn't exist. I still wrote it to throw a bit of perspective into the safety matter.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: