News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

NANMU---new for 2024

Started by dragon53, January 01, 2024, 02:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

I don't have any Nanmu articulated dinosaurs, but I've had more paint scrapes on my Nanmu than any other dinosaur figures, so I thought Nanmu has thin paint application vs other companies.

My Rebor Retro T-Rex fell several feet and not a scratch on it, but several minor scrapes on my Nanmu always scratches the paint off.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah I don't see the joints holding it much as long as the other parts are fine. I'm probably going to rarely pose them anyway just here or there. The female paint issues is hard to make out due the color of the plastic , if they had done the same to the male and tinted it you couldn't really tell. 

I don't know if they will stand on their own or not, I have yet to see one of these super articulated figures stand for a long time on their own without a stand of some sort to carry the main weight. We'll see.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on April 02, 2024, 04:54:51 PMI don't have any Nanmu articulated dinosaurs, but I've had more paint scrapes on my Nanmu than any other dinosaur figures, so I thought Nanmu has thin paint application vs other companies.

My Rebor Retro T-Rex fell several feet and not a scratch on it, but several minor scrapes on my Nanmu always scratches the paint off.

My Nanmu Diplo fell and scratched the paint on it's face and neck, might have more to do with the material used that paint app.

Over9K

A look at the sculpt for the Smart Series V-rex...

... and the proposed articulation joints...

... and here's REBOR's upcoming V-rex for comparison... don't mind the April Fools extras...

dragon53

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

Andy got his early it seems.  They look really good. Posing, standing ( stand for long term) and detail all seem fantastic.

Saw on Instagram it looks like Nanmu is ripping of Julien Romeo's art..again. This time for the V-Rex

https://www.instagram.com/julien_romeo_art/

Carnoking

Just watched that review. Really puts the Amber collection to shame for an extra ~15 bucks.

dragon53

Carnoking

My Smart Raptors came in this week and I am simply stunned. Unfortunate packaging aside, these are two incredible achievements from Nanmu.

Spoiler

Blood Knight looks great, especially with those quills!

[close]

Spoiler

Of course the real showstopper here is the White Queen. My absolute favorite Raptor design from the franchise, and they more than did it justice.

Glad to have both these girls gracing my shelf.

[close]

The build quality is top-notch, the articulation is smooth, the sculpts are fantastic, and the paint jobs are immaculate. It's absolutely insane to me that these cost a mere ~15 dollars more than the bloated happy meal toys that were the Amber Collection. I'll be the first to admit that I was initially skeptical to this Smart Series from Nanmu, but they've more than proven their worth with these first releases. I'm certainly looking forward to more but here's hoping they don't abandon their model line completely in favor of these articulated releases, gorgeous as they are.

Eatmycar

I've been on the fence about these guys, but the posing rods between their bellies in every photo seem to confirm my fear.

Can these not stand independently on their own?

Carnoking

Quote from: Eatmycar on May 03, 2024, 03:54:26 PMI've been on the fence about these guys, but the posing rods between their bellies in every photo seem to confirm my fear.

Can these not stand independently on their own?

They can in certain poses. It's hard for me to say for sure given the uneven nature of my photo space, but I believe the male did okay in that reared back calling pose elsewhere, just as an example.

Obviously if you want something active, you would need the rod for support, or would have to get them posed just right for balance, which I haven't tried to do myself. Even if I did, I would still use the rod for support just for peace of mind.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Mine came in this week as well, just been waiting on some free time to get to them. I'd say it's pretty much a win from all I've seen so far. The eye paint on the male looks a little rough? Especially when compared to the previous versions..maybe due to the differing materials?

I've seen pics of them sans posing rods, but if you don't want them accidently tipping over or to do more active poses I'd say use them.

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 03, 2024, 05:00:21 PMMine came in this week as well, just been waiting on some free time to get to them. I'd say it's pretty much a win from all I've seen so far. The eye paint on the male looks a little rough? Especially when compared to the previous versions..maybe due to the differing materials?

I've seen pics of them sans posing rods, but if you don't want them accidently tipping over or to do more active poses I'd say use them.

I noticed the eyes looked a little weird on the male only while I was posting these photos, it's certainly not as obvious in person. Something else i caught was the little patch of pink under the right eye? Don't believe I've seen that on other copies but it doesn't look like a paint blemish

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on May 03, 2024, 05:28:45 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 03, 2024, 05:00:21 PMMine came in this week as well, just been waiting on some free time to get to them. I'd say it's pretty much a win from all I've seen so far. The eye paint on the male looks a little rough? Especially when compared to the previous versions..maybe due to the differing materials?

I noticed the eyes looked a little weird on the male only while I was posting these photos, it's certainly not as obvious in person. Something else i caught was the little patch of pink under the right eye? Don't believe I've seen that on other copies but it doesn't look like a paint blemish

I'm going to watch the movie again while unpacking mine. I think there was some references that had that pinkish tone around the eye before the blue. I don't know why it would just be on one side though?

Dynomikegojira

Based on there most recent post seems Nanmu is open to doing more Skull Island fauna great freaking news.

Eatmycar

Quote from: Carnoking on May 03, 2024, 04:58:19 PMObviously if you want something active, you would need the rod for support, or would have to get them posed just right for balance, which I haven't tried to do myself. Even if I did, I would still use the rod for support just for peace of mind.

Hmm... can they do like, a lunge? Or like the pose the raptor takes in JP before grttting grabbed by the T. rex? Where it's about to jump on the group?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dynomikegojira on May 03, 2024, 07:10:07 PMBased on there most recent post seems Nanmu is open to doing more Skull Island fauna great freaking news.

If it's dinosaurs then yay..if it's anything else..nah.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eatmycar on May 03, 2024, 08:44:28 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on May 03, 2024, 04:58:19 PMObviously if you want something active, you would need the rod for support, or would have to get them posed just right for balance, which I haven't tried to do myself. Even if I did, I would still use the rod for support just for peace of mind.

Hmm... can they do like, a lunge? Or like the pose the raptor takes in JP before getting grabbed by the T. rex? Where it's about to jump on the group?

Something like this one?

Concavenator

I keep checking this thread to see if they finally announce a scientifically accurate figure...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: