News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

NANMU---new for 2024

Started by dragon53, January 01, 2024, 02:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: Takama on February 11, 2024, 05:02:22 PMI anticipate they will take it down but oh well, at this rate they seem to be the chinese version of REBOR (in the old days)

I have always secretly suspected that Rebor and Nanmu are either the same company or have a lot of overlap in personnel.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 27, 2024, 07:30:37 PM
Quote from: Takama on February 11, 2024, 05:02:22 PMI anticipate they will take it down but oh well, at this rate they seem to be the chinese version of REBOR (in the old days)

I have always secretly suspected that Rebor and Nanmu are either the same company or have a lot of overlap in personnel.

I would suggest they are becoming a product of a similar environment. Icthyosaurs and dolphins.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Smart Series Carnotaurus update :

QuoteAfter the celebration of the year of the Dragon, our factory assembly line gradually resumed production.
The smart version of Raptor 2.0 will be shipped to dealers at the end of this month.
The rest of the plan is carried out in an orderly manner. Thank you for your support.
For more information, please keep an eye on us. Thank you.

Concavenator

I admit I keep checking this thread to see if they finally release a scientically accurate figure.

Ikessauro

What is this green prototype? A smaller version without articulation that comes with the articulated one?

Carnoking

Quote from: Ikessauro on March 06, 2024, 06:10:19 PMWhat is this green prototype? A smaller version without articulation that comes with the articulated one?

I wondered this as well. Or are they also planning to release an "unactivated" one for their paint it yourself line?

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on March 06, 2024, 06:11:39 PM
Quote from: Ikessauro on March 06, 2024, 06:10:19 PMWhat is this green prototype? A smaller version without articulation that comes with the articulated one?

I wondered this as well. Or are they also planning to release an "unactivated" one for their paint it yourself line?
This would be great model for a JP:TLW novel repaint.

Eatmycar

I'm more than satisfied with the Hammond Collection to be interested in these, but frankly, more competition in this field is good. It'll encourage BoTM and Mattel to innovate further.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe the green one is just a prototype without the cuts to show the difference?

They said it was smaller than the HC one as well. So IDK but it must look really good impressive to interest me.

It actually looks inspired by BOTM , solid parts and all. So will it have the same issues?

need4swede

Wondering if there'll be two variants (damaged / un-damaged) judging by that one's head sculpt, or if they'll all be like that.

I think the paint application and price is going to matter a lot here. Good articulated Carno with great paint, at a reasonable cost? I could see myself caving for that.
- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: need4swede on March 08, 2024, 05:04:59 PMWondering if there'll be two variants (damaged / un-damaged) judging by that one's head sculpt, or if they'll all be like that.

I think the paint application and price is going to matter a lot here. Good articulated Carno with great paint, at a reasonable cost? I could see myself caving for that.

Possibly. Maybe just switchable heads but then the color scheme wouldn't match the film.

I'll reserve judgment til I see more, I think the raptors shipping at the end of the month will tell us more in regards to what we are getting.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 28, 2024, 02:08:16 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on February 27, 2024, 07:30:37 PM

I would suggest they are becoming a product of a similar environment. Icthyosaurs and dolphins.

Possibly! I have noticed they both have a highly importunate fan base on social media, so very similar selective pressure.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

need4swede

I know I'm very late to this discussion, but I have to agree with avatar_Over9K @Over9K on Nanmu's approach.

As an enthusiast of various domains, I must say it is very rare for markets to cater to us when we are in the  minority of buyers, albeit a loud one. Go on any car forum and you'll see folks practically begging for more OEM's to sell more manuals, and yet the sale of such vehicles has steadily decreased year after year and now makes up a mere fraction of overall sales. Now, I know there are various, complex reasons for why that is - I am simply making a point that unless your product solely caters to enthusiasts, you're not going to listen to them - and in fact, you shouldn't. You should follow the money, which is exactly what's happening here.

I'm fairly certain Nanmu, and others, have enough data to know what sells and what doesn't. And I am also fairly certain that Nanmu, and others, like to make money. It would seem, then, that the best course of action would be to follow the money, gain enough to allow yourself to produce some less profitable products that diversifies your portfolio, and repeat. Car makers do this sort of thing all the time. If the Corolla wasn't selling in vast numbers like it does, we wouldn't be getting the Limited Edition GR variant.
- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

We'll see.  The Carno just feels like the wrong one to have released so soon after the Mattel HC one.

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

Some 23'-24' mixed product

Blade-of-the-Moon

An update on the Smart Series Raptors I received via email from Lanatimeshop.

QuoteHello,
I hope this email finds you well.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We have received your Nanmu Studio Smart Series Raptor Action Figure and are preparing to ship it to you in the coming days.
However, upon inspection, we found paint chipping off at the joints, as shown in the attached pictures.
We have confirmed with Nanmu Studio that these joints are made of POM material, which doesn't hold paint well due to the flexibility needed for rotation.
The design prioritizes durability, and paint chipping at joints is considered normal and not covered by after-sales service.

If this condition is acceptable to you, we will send the order promptly.
However, if you are not satisfied with this condition, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. In such a case, we suggest canceling the order for a full refund.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you!

Best regards.

It looks like it just chips at the joints where they move. Even the BotM ones did this. It's pretty hard to tell on the female but more obvious on the male raptor.  I think I'm going to proceed with the order it's something I can probably fix if very noticeable. Hopefully it doesn't wear off any other areas.

Carnoking

I just saw Nanmu's post concerning this paint wear on the joint. It's definitely something that happens on my BotM figures so I won't hold it against Nanmu unless the paint is as delicate in other areas.

Eatmycar

I'm still not 100% sold on these raptors yet, and that disappoints me. I just don't know how well, if at all, they can stand on their own and don't need a rod or stand to live on ala Beasts of the Mesozoic.

But the paint wear... well, I can't fault them for that. It happens to many articulated joints.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: