News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

If that lipped Tyrannosaurus will be an upcoming PVC figure, I'm glad, as I prfer Cameron to it so I'm sure I won't get the lipped Tyrannosaurus.

Leyster

avatar_Sim @Sim changing the shape of the claw would nullify the sense of having it "sickle-shaped" instead of "normal theropod shaped", so I don't think so.

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator my pleasure. Both are really good figures anyway!
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

SidB

Quote from: Dan on June 01, 2024, 12:00:25 PMUse Dan's Dinosaurs promo code "dtfmember" during checkout for
$7.00 off PNSO Tyrannotitan
Offer expires today
Redeem here:
https://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/tyrannotitan-by-pnso/

Well,I ordered this Tyrannotitan from Dan. Coloration and member discount persuaded me.

Carnoking

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator

I was wondering if it would be posed so actively but upon further inspection, it doesn't seem too different from what they did for the Zuchengtyrannus. That, and the other bronze statues do seem to closely match their smaller PVC counterparts, so perhaps this is pretty near the mark!

As far as the color goes, I certainly don't mind the brown they do for their rex figures but man oh man would I be tickled to see this in something closer to the Saurian colors.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on June 01, 2024, 05:31:59 PMSurely their upcoming Tyrannosaurus will be lipped... but will still be brown. So that could create the need for a Tyrannosaurus that's both lipped, and with an eye-catching color scheme.  ::)

Wilson & Cameron based on actual skeletons. There are so many specimens to make later on.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gwangi on May 31, 2024, 01:43:43 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 30, 2024, 11:23:10 PMWell, it does look nice, but it feels pretty pointless given how many near-identical animals they've already made. The incomplete remains of Tyrannotitan mean that any real differences are unknown and any apparent differences are invented. This is just new pajamas and a new pose for their basic carcharodontosaurid. (Besides finding carcharodontosaurids tedious, "Tyrannotitan" sits on the continuum of names that make my eyes roll about halfway between "Teratophoneus" and "Dynamoterror.")

Slots in PNSO's lineup are precious and this squanders one, in my opinion. But at least they haven't squandered all the slots this year--the Lufengosaurus is excellent.

But you're going to get it, aren't you? You have to based on the nature of your collection and the rules you've imposed upon yourself.  >:D

Ha, no, not this time. The rules were intended to keep me from buying everything I like, not to force me to buy stuff I don't. I get some entertainment out of ugly toys of obscure animals, but this wouldn't give me any entertainment. With a few groups that get way more attention than I'd prefer, I've stopped buying things where I think my purchase would contribute toward making a company's offerings worse. So I don't have PNSO's Giga, even though I think it's superior to EoFauna's; I don't have EoFauna's Tyrannosaurus, even though I think it's superior to Battat's; and I only own PNSO's Mapusaurus because I got a review copy. I'm usually okay with paying full price for PNSO figures I like (e.g. Lufengosaurus), but the only way this one ends up in my collection is a spectacular sale or maybe in a trade if someone doesn't have anything else to offer.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

thomasw100

First in hand pictures of the Tyrannotitan as per Paleofiguras. This custom painted Triceratops that we see in one of the pictures looks quite nice actually.

SenSx

This figure looks really massive, maybe bigger than the PNSO Giganotosaurus.
Could the Tyrannotitan be a bigger animal than the Giganotosaurus ?
I'm not really familiar with it.

Joel1905

Quote from: John on May 31, 2024, 07:49:29 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on May 31, 2024, 03:26:52 PM
Quote from: John on May 31, 2024, 08:35:10 AM*edit*
On the subject of this new Tyrannotitan not being "lipped":
It would seem that the mold for this had been done before the shift to the "lipped" look had been made for their theropods but is only now being released according to Paleofiguras.

Is this actually confirmed from insider sources or just speculation?
They say they have information on the Paleofiguras Facebook page but it is the internet,so it could be just made up crap on their part.

Paleofiguras is very reliable, I've never known them bullshit about anything. Tbh I often wonder where they get their info from because they pull off some insane scoops!

Carnoking

The paint job looks every bit as good in hand! After the Wuerhosaurus seemed to suffer a bit of a dip in quality, I was a bit worried for this one but it looks like PNSO really carried it through

SenSx

The paint job is phenomenal, wish the Giga was like that.

John

Quote from: Joel1905 on June 02, 2024, 12:11:43 PM
Quote from: John on May 31, 2024, 07:49:29 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on May 31, 2024, 03:26:52 PM
Quote from: John on May 31, 2024, 08:35:10 AM*edit*
On the subject of this new Tyrannotitan not being "lipped":
It would seem that the mold for this had been done before the shift to the "lipped" look had been made for their theropods but is only now being released according to Paleofiguras.

Is this actually confirmed from insider sources or just speculation?
They say they have information on the Paleofiguras Facebook page but it is the internet,so it could be just made up crap on their part.

Paleofiguras is very reliable. Tbh I often wonder where they get their info from because they pull off some insane scoops!
That's good to know.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Pliosaurking

Im very glad the paint looks just as good in hand as the promo pics! What a beautiful figure!

Tracewyrm!

I go somewhere with no internet for two days and when I get back, we get a PNSO lipped rex sculpt on display? What are the odds? XD

I'll say this, though. I'm sure the eventual 1:35  lipped T. rex will look quite different from this, but I really like the look of the sculpt!
..even if the pose isn't one of their best, to my tastes anyway.

We all know a lipped museum line rex is coming at some point down the line, so I'm curious to see how it compares to this one.

* (It's locked.)

Turkeysaurus

I wonder if Tyrannotitan is big enough to be a Giganotosaurus substitute (like Mapusaurus) next to T.rex. Rebor will make a lipped Giga but i think it'll be just as big as their Tyrannosaurus. (so called 1/35 but 1/30 actually)

I wish it didn't have blue on tail. Maybe adding a bit more subtle color would suit better for already colorful palette.

SenSx

Haha after seing the fantastic paint job, I have been wondering the same.
But It probably does not have the correct Giganotosaurus proportions, Tyrannotitan is bulkier.
Also this figure seems really by, it might fit with the Rebor T-rex, but probably not with the PNSO one, which is shame.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: SenSx on June 02, 2024, 07:38:38 PMHaha after seing the fantastic paint job, I have been wondering the same.
But It probably does not have the correct Giganotosaurus proportions, Tyrannotitan is bulkier.
Also this figure seems really by, it might fit with the Rebor T-rex, but probably not with the PNSO one, which is shame.

Tyrannotitan: 

L: 32.6 cm (12.8")
H: 13  cm (5.1")
W: 4.1 cm (1.6")
Giganotosaurus:
L: 35.6 cm (13.8")
H: 10  cm (3.9")
W: 4.2 cm (1.6")
Mapusaurus:   
L: 36  cm (14.1") 
H: 10.7 cm (4.2")
w: 4.5 cm  (1.8")

So Tyrannotitan looks bulkier because it's shorter than Giga. Mapusaurus is still the largest. Rebor Rex is larger than PNSO rex btw.

Concavenator

If that Tyrannosaurus sculpt will be the same as an (inevitable) upcoming PVC figure, then I have to say it looks great, but I'll probably just get Eofauna's instead.

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 02, 2024, 06:47:19 AMI don't have EoFauna's Tyrannosaurus, even though I think it's superior to Battat's

So Battat's is your Tyrannosaurus representative? I'm a bit confused, because according to your collection list, you also have Safari's 2017 one and the juvenile one (the so-called Nanotyrannus) by PNSO. If true, I would certainly have expected you to stick to your 1 figure/species rule for that particular species!  ;D

Joel1905

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on June 02, 2024, 05:18:59 PMI go somewhere with no internet for two days and when I get back, we get a PNSO lipped rex sculpt on display? What are the odds? XD

I'll say this, though. I'm sure the eventual 1:35  lipped T. rex will look quite different from this, but I really like the look of the sculpt!
..even if the pose isn't one of their best, to my tastes anyway.

We all know a lipped museum line rex is coming at some point down the line, so I'm curious to see how it compares to this one.

Difficult to say, some of their bronze statues look very different to their PVC sequels, whilst some are pretty much duplicates.

However, considering the need for an articulated jaw, there'll definitely be some differences this time.

I just hope we get it this year! My shelves NEED a lipped PNSO Tyrannosaurus! Not to mention the diorama/photography opportunities!

Flaffy

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: