News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

It looked like rubbed paint on my Mamenchisaurus.
But I don't think brusg paint would have looked good.
The area on the mouth was too clean, I had to apply a wash.
On the scales, brushing would have been ok.

I even had a small damage hole, and applied milliput epoxy to fix it, it worked.

Manospundylus gigas

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 23, 2024, 01:05:34 PM
Quote from: SenSx on August 23, 2024, 12:52:32 PMI did have some paint defects on my Mamenchisaurus' head
Well it looked like defects, but other people seemed to have the same.
I might have had more though, I managed to fix them with some wash paint.

In the case of the brown Camarasaurus, these are small white areas where the paint appears to have been either not applied or rubbed off. The white color is either the plastic or the primer I think. I want to cover it by using a small not completely dry dry brush. I used this in some other cases to good effect. It was much more extensive on my Alamosaurus and it was affecting an area with quite complex layers of different colors which I could not fix. I discussed with Lana Time Shop and they generously sent me a replacement copy.

It appears that there is something different with the painting process of these large Haolonggood sauropods compared to their smaller figures. I always noticed a very strong smell of paint right when they arrived which however would disappear after a few days or a week. I am not sure what would be the reason. Maybe these large figures are hand painted whereas the others are painted by robots, or they use a different type of paint or they pack them up when the paint has not fully dried.

Mine arrived 1 hour ago, my first haolonggood figure, very pleased, im more in to high end collectibles (I started with this little gems in december when I noticed how accurate some of them are and very cheap!) and is a pleasure and a welcoming surprise that this little ones look much better in hand than in photos, just the opposite to what happens with some high end statues that look much better in photos of the prototype.

Mine is brown variant and it doesnt have those defects of white areas but the redish colour of the belly is sometimes applied a little too carelees around the ventral side of tail. I also noticed that my model (brown) head is symmetrical unlike some green ones, one shown here (the first in hand photos of paleofiguras maybe?) and the one of DinosDragons, mine is definitely symmetrical and doesnt have one eye obove the other, how are yours?

And about the species, the main differences are 1- neural spine shape in anterior caudals 2- neural arch anterior dorsals 3- suture of neural arch and vertebra centra 4- size. Most of these wouldnt be apparent in live (only size) and even some like the suture is not even evident in fossils of adults, thats why there are so many Camarasaurus sp.
Grandis: 1- T shape 2- tal gracile neural arch 3- Suture above neural canal 4- around 16m
Lentus: 1- No T shape 2- robust neural arch 3- suture below neural canal 4- around 16m
Supremus: 1- T shape 2- robust neural arch 3- suture below neural canal 4- up to 23m
Lewisi: It doesnt have many of the elements preserved, looks to be smaller around 14m, and the bifurcation of anterior dorsal spines in the other species in lewisi persist till posterior dorsals.

If haolonggood model is adult, we should rule out supremus, and I would rule out lewisi too (and for Cathetosaurus shake). For the other features we may have a little help from the skeletal in the cover. Assuming is the same species of the model, sadly the caudals are in lateral view so its useless, and 4th dorsal is covered by the scapula, it only remains the 3rd dorsal, which looks not as tall as in grandis, entire dorsal height is centrum height x2,5 i would say more similar to lentus, grandis should be more like x3.

thomasw100

Quote from: Manospundylus gigas on August 23, 2024, 02:48:15 PMMine arrived 1 hour ago, my first haolonggood figure, very pleased, im more in to high end collectibles (I started with this little gems in december when I noticed how accurate some of them are and very cheap!) and is a pleasure and a welcoming surprise that this little ones look much better in hand than in photos, just the opposite to what happens with some high end statues that look much better in photos of the prototype.

Mine is brown variant and it doesnt have those defects of white areas but the redish colour of the belly is sometimes applied a little too carelees around the ventral side of tail. I also noticed that my model (brown) head is symmetrical unlike some green ones, one shown here (the first in hand photos of paleofiguras maybe?) and the one of DinosDragons, mine is definitely symmetrical and doesnt have one eye obove the other, how are yours?

And about the species, the main differences are 1- neural spine shape in anterior caudals 2- neural arch anterior dorsals 3- suture of neural arch and vertebra centra 4- size. Most of these wouldnt be apparent in live (only size) and even some like the suture is not even evident in fossils of adults, thats why there are so many Camarasaurus sp.
Grandis: 1- T shape 2- tal gracile neural arch 3- Suture above neural canal 4- around 16m
Lentus: 1- No T shape 2- robust neural arch 3- suture below neural canal 4- around 16m
Supremus: 1- T shape 2- robust neural arch 3- suture below neural canal 4- up to 23m
Lewisi: It doesnt have many of the elements preserved, looks to be smaller around 14m, and the bifurcation of anterior dorsal spines in the other species in lewisi persist till posterior dorsals.

If haolonggood model is adult, we should rule out supremus, and I would rule out lewisi too (and for Cathetosaurus shake). For the other features we may have a little help from the skeletal in the cover. Assuming is the same species of the model, sadly the caudals are in lateral view so its useless, and 4th dorsal is covered by the scapula, it only remains the 3rd dorsal, which looks not as tall as in grandis, entire dorsal height is centrum height x2,5 i would say more similar to lentus, grandis should be more like x3.

Honestly I would not be too confident that Haolonggood have modeled their figure exactly after the skeletal on the box. This is the problem that emerges when no information on the reconstruction process of a dinosaur figure is provided. We are left to guesswork.

Gigantospinotyrannus

The price of the Alamosaurus on Aliexpress just increased by more than 20 USD 😭 I was initially considering buying it but now... hopefully the prices of the future Brachiosaurus and Argentinosaurus are reasonable enough

thomasw100

Quote from: Gigantospinotyrannus on August 24, 2024, 02:17:22 PMThe price of the Alamosaurus on Aliexpress just increased by more than 20 USD 😭 I was initially considering buying it but now... hopefully the prices of the future Brachiosaurus and Argentinosaurus are reasonable enough

Lana Time Shop has also raised prices. Alamosaurus is 119.99 USD, Mamenchisaurus is 99.99 USD and Camarasaurus is 58.99 USD now.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 24, 2024, 08:39:18 PM
Quote from: Gigantospinotyrannus on August 24, 2024, 02:17:22 PMThe price of the Alamosaurus on Aliexpress just increased by more than 20 USD 😭 I was initially considering buying it but now... hopefully the prices of the future Brachiosaurus and Argentinosaurus are reasonable enough

Lana Time Shop has also raised prices. Alamosaurus is 119.99 USD, Mamenchisaurus is 99.99 USD and Camarasaurus is 58.99 USD now.

Well looks like one of HLG's main reasons for being favorable to pnso is starting to go away, hopefully this is just a one off thing but I kinda doubt it, 20 bucks is also a crazy price increase... I don't mean to throw a lit match on to a puddle of gasoline but I will say this along with pnso's new camara really does make you think if the two are sort of aware of each other (like it is kinda crazy that they released the same Dino in such a short window) and I guess just really makes you look at the two and makes you compare, with that being said I think its always best to remember these are businesses at the end of the day and they'll do things we like and don't like... I am glad I didn't get the hlg camara  :o

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: oscars_dinos on August 24, 2024, 08:56:51 PM

Well looks like one of HLG's main reasons for being favorable to pnso is starting to go away, hopefully this is just a one off thing but I kinda doubt it, 20 bucks is also a crazy price increase... I don't mean to throw a lit match on to a puddle of gasoline but I will say this along with pnso's new camara really does make you think if the two are sort of aware of each other (like it is kinda crazy that they released the same Dino in such a short window) and I guess just really makes you look at the two and makes you compare, with that being said I think its always best to remember these are businesses at the end of the day and they'll do things we like and don't like... I am glad I didn't get the hlg camara  :o

It's been a cold war between two so far but PNSO just dropped the nuke with Camarasaurus. It's the revenge of the Alamosaurus.

Let's see if HLG push them another level with 1/35 Argentinosaurus. I don't think HLG can't match with PNSO with details but they still have size advantage. I doubt PNSO would even release 1/35 Brachiosaurus let alone Argentinosaurus.

thomasw100

I am now very curious what the prize of the PNSO Camarasaurus will be. The Lingwulong, which is roughly about the same size, costs 66.99 USD at Lana. The Haolonggood Camarasaurus costs 58.99 USD. If the price of the PNSO Camarasaurus will be about the same as the Lingwulong, we are entering interesting times.

The Haolonggood Alamosaurus costed 89.99 USD (and with the base) when they launched the pre-order and now it is at 119.99 USD. The Mamenchisaurus was initially at 64.99 USD and is now at 99.99 USD. This is more than 50% increase actually.

Actually I find both Camarasaurus figures interesting in their own respect. The Haolonggood is the classical approach, whereas the PNSO is novel with these external nares.

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 24, 2024, 09:20:52 PM

It's been a cold war between two so far but PNSO just dropped the nuke with Camarasaurus. It's the revenge of the Alamosaurus.

Let's see if HLG push them another level with 1/35 Argentinosaurus. I don't think HLG can't match with PNSO with details but they still have size advantage. I doubt PNSO would even release 1/35 Brachiosaurus let alone Argentinosaurus.

Now Haolonggod will have pressure to move ahead with the Brachiosaurus and Argentinosaurus I think. Probably many people have not yet ordered the Haolonggood Camarasaurus and will now opt for the PNSO one. Haolonggood will loose quite some business due to the PNSO figure being released so shortly after their release. PNSO probably have realized that 1:35 sauropods are selling well. They want to get their part of the cake. I believe that this will mean more 1:35 sauropods from both companies in the near future.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 24, 2024, 09:57:54 PMNow Haolonggod will have pressure to move ahead with the Brachiosaurus and Argentinosaurus I think. Probably many people have not yet ordered the Haolonggood Camarasaurus and will now opt for the PNSO one. Haolonggood will loose quite some business due to the PNSO figure being released so shortly after their release. PNSO probably have realized that 1:35 sauropods are selling well. They want to get their part of the cake. I believe that this will mean more 1:35 sauropods from both companies in the near future.
Do we know the price of PNSO? They have better model but price might still make HLG attractive.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 24, 2024, 10:43:27 PMDo we know the price of PNSO? They have better model but price might still make HLG attractive.

For me the price of a model has no influence on its appeal. If I don't like it, I wouldn't even buy it for one cent.
 You wouldn't buy music - for example - just because of a low price if it's not really according to your taste.

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 25, 2024, 09:05:08 AMFor me the price of a model has no influence on its appeal. If I don't like it, I wouldn't even buy it for one cent.
 You wouldn't buy music - for example - just because of a low price if it's not really according to your taste.

But the reverse may not be feasible for many people due to economic reasons. Some people simply cannot afford the rather expensive PNSO models and if the Haolonggood is considerably cheaper they would have to go for this instead even if they would prefer the PNSO.

thomasw100

On the Haolonggood fan account the following teaser image has been appeared. Most likely one of the four pending ceratopsians.

Carnoking

Well that's just maddeningly unhelpful

Turkeysaurus

Einiosaurus horn?

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 25, 2024, 02:37:04 PMEiniosaurus horn?

Einiosaurus horn curves down steeper if I remember correctly. Maybe the tail of one of the ceratoposians. Anyway one of these has the highest probability to be the next release.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 25, 2024, 01:21:11 PMOn the Haolonggood fan account the following teaser image has been appeared. Most likely one of the four pending ceratopsians.

It's the same photo from the teaser images for Chasmosaurus. It would be fun to see Huayangosaurus next, maddening the odds of this fan account.

SenSx

I've been waiting for their Styracosaurus.
The PNSO is beautiful, but the paint job is so bland for such an animal who could have colors to impress on its crest.

Concavenator

Yeah, looking forward to the Styracosaurus as well! Pretty sure it will replace PNSO's in my collection.

Turkeysaurus

I'm waiting on Styracosaurus though i would be surprised if sculpt is as good as PNSO.

It's pretty sure it'll be more colorful. I don't know if that would be good enough to not get PNSO.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: