News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mojo: New for 2019

Started by Patrx, November 14, 2018, 03:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Faelrin on April 22, 2019, 05:12:20 AM
It looks tiny compared to the CollectA one, but still looks very nice. I'm really glad there's lots of quality figures of this genus now.

Fortunately the dunkleosteus is a prehistoric animal very well represented in the toy / collecting market. Totally agree with you.

Halichoeres

It definitely looks like an improvement on CollectA's version, with the exception of the tail. That's a rare feat for Mojo.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suchomimus

Quote from: suspsy on April 21, 2019, 12:43:46 PM
Some comparison shots of the Dunk:

https://mattbille.blogspot.com/2019/04/a-beutiful-new-dunkleosteus-model-from.html?m=1

Seems like CollectA's interpretation (and Favorite's too iirc) is that Dunk has fins similar to Cartilaginous fish, e.g. sharks and rays, while Mojo's fins resemble that of bony fish. Is there any literature to support either theory?

Also, the skin over Dunk's main body is also interpreted differently in both companies. I think it's good that we have a representation for each interpretation :))

Brocc21

Quote from: Toasaurus on April 22, 2019, 04:56:33 AM
Quote from: Brocc21 on April 22, 2019, 04:11:01 AM
If I have to be honest I prefer the Mojo dunk over the CollectA one. The green is just appealing to the eye.
and the colours remind me of shrek

WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY DEVONIAN ERA OCEAN!
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

tanystropheus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 23, 2019, 04:51:56 PM
That pterosaur is certainly... something.

Yeah, it got hijacked by the Night King.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on April 26, 2019, 06:09:07 AM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 23, 2019, 04:51:56 PM
That pterosaur is certainly... something.

Yeah, it got hijacked by the Night King.

Mojo's tropeognathus I bought it among other reasons because it is very cheap, in order to complete my collection and because I am a collector, it is on the way to the dunkleosteus and triceratops of Mojo 2019 but honestly it is a very rare figure in its modeling and its painting It does not convince me, it seems to be taken from a horror novel. In my case the tropeognatus of Mojo 2019 I compare it with a zombie pterosaur, metaphorically speaking. It looks like a living dead. Unfortunately it is the weak figure of the group considering that its triceratops and dunkleosteus are quite good and remarkable and above all very beautiful judging from the photographs shown on the Internet.

Takama

Thoghts:  This model is Fantastic.   It is made out of PVC as oposed to TPR, and its nicly detailed to boot.

Out of All the Mojo Trikes, this is the one to get if you must have one.

PhilSauria

This one has been on my wants list since I first clapped eyes on it, just waiting for it to be listed here by Mini Zoo, current status on the site is 'coming soon' with no price as yet.

Thanks for the images, as always good to see the actual product to make a better assessment rather than just going off the promos.

SidB

Any suspicions as to the scale of this fine specimen?

PhilSauria

Quote from: SidB on May 14, 2019, 01:36:56 AM

It's listed on the Mojo web site as 21cm long if that's any help.

SidB

Quote from: PhilSauria on May 14, 2019, 02:30:15 AM
Quote from: SidB on May 14, 2019, 01:36:56 AM

It's listed on the Mojo web site as 21cm long if that's any help.
Thanks. For a big 29 foot long specimen, it would work out to roughly 1/40 or so.

Shonisaurus

Honestly both the triceratops and the dunkleosteus of Mojo is the best that has made this mark of Mesozoic and Palozoic figures (in this case the dunkleosteus) on the other hand the triceratops and dunkleosteus are smaller than what one imagines comparing them with other figures of the brand, but it has improved a lot in their figures. It reminds me of the triceratops of Mojo to the triceratops of Schleich shown in this image of amazon, I pass the following link,

https://www.amazon.es/Schleich-14522-Figura-Triceratops/dp/B0073ROFWM

The tropeognathus I have it in my bookshelves, but sincerely I recommend it only to those people completists and consecrated fan collectors, it is not sincerely a pterosaur figure comparable in quality and perfection to the pteranodon of Safari of 2019 or caiuajara of Collecta to give two examples. However the tropeognathus seen physically is less imperfect than what the promotional photographs show. That is very small.

tanystropheus

It is similar to the Schleich Triceratops but it is better because it doesn't have the dragon feet.

Killekor

Thanks for the photos, Takama! More than the Schleich model it reminds me of the Papo one.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Takama

Another  obvious Thing to note. This model actually looks like its Promo Photos, which is good, given the fact that the 2018 models were derasticly diffrent from theres

SidB

Quote from: Takama on May 14, 2019, 04:05:42 PM
Another  obvious Thing to note. This model actually looks like its Promo Photos, which is good, given the fact that the 2018 models were derasticly diffrent from theres
Yes, that is a very hopeful sign.

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 14, 2019, 08:36:45 AM
Honestly both the triceratops and the dunkleosteus of Mojo is the best that has made this mark of Mesozoic and Palozoic figures (in this case the dunkleosteus) on the other hand the triceratops and dunkleosteus are smaller than what one imagines comparing them with other figures of the brand, but it has improved a lot in their figures. It reminds me of the triceratops of Mojo to the triceratops of Schleich shown in this image of amazon, I pass the following link,

https://www.amazon.es/Schleich-14522-Figura-Triceratops/dp/B0073ROFWM

The tropeognathus I have it in my bookshelves, but sincerely I recommend it only to those people completists and consecrated fan collectors, it is not sincerely a pterosaur figure comparable in quality and perfection to the pteranodon of Safari of 2019 or caiuajara of Collecta to give two examples. However the tropeognathus seen physically is less imperfect than what the promotional photographs show. That is very small.
[/quote
This makes sense, as both of the Schleich triceratopsians seem closer to 1/35, and the Mojo trike would appear to be at a somewhat smaller scale (1/40).

suspsy

Minizoo now has all three in stock.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.