News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna 1:35 Giganotosaurus

Started by Reptilia, October 06, 2018, 01:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Mine stands perfectly. I'll post a photo in my collection thread soon. I'll probably use something to prop it up anyway in case the ankles eventually give way.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

The key is to make sure the figure leans slightly to the right, without tilting back to the left; that way all the support is balanced properly with no leeway.
Mine is now standing perfectly again.  ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on February 03, 2019, 05:13:35 PM

Did your Giganotosaurus arrive already, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon ?Does yours stand?

Yeah but I don't know, with all the standing issues I just left it on the clear stand so far. 

Shonisaurus

Perhaps for many DTF members who bought this fabulous figure and that I will value this year as one of the ten best figures of dinosaurs of 2019, the plastic support must be retained to avoid accidental falls from the shelves to avoid abrasions, blows or fractures . Perhaps with time the giganotosaurus will stabilize correctly as it happened to me in its day with the Battat tyrannosaurus last version whose figure was not stabilized correctly either. What I say (it is a theory of mine) may be that the plastic is not dry and that is one of the reasons why it does not balance correctly.

Eofauna

Dear Collectors,

For those, you have problems with Giga stability, we have prepared a document for printing that it is hosted on our website in the next direction: http://www.eofauna.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Eofauna-Giganotosaurus-footprints.pdf

Anyone can use it as a guideline to adjust the feet in the proper position (it is not necessary to fit that position at 100%, there could be a little variation, just a few mm).

Best!

Eofauna

Dino Scream3232

Just got the giganotosaurus in. It is a great model. Mine didn't have any issues standing. Did a video review and also provided the info EoFauna provided to help anyone having any stability issues. https://youtu.be/bpUh3m7alYo

Shonisaurus

Sincerely I have found the advice of the Eofauna and members of the forum for the sustainability of the Giganotosaurus of Eofauna I have tightened the legs for behind and miracle! It gets completely straight without the need for plastic support.

The members of Eofauna sent me an email explaining how I could keep this figure standing (the same instructions that have been given to all the members of DTF) and it honestly works. They explained to me that in fact the legs of the giganotosaurus did this to avoid the "clown feet" that most theropods have without a fixed or removable base. On the other hand, they told me that following the scientific rigor these legs must have been finer. the scientific point of view but because it would be impossible to keep the dinosaur standing they did it with this thickness. They are a great company and they can be assured that I will vote them as one of the ten best figures made in 2018 or 2019.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

My Giganotosaurus stands perfectly. I guess I'm in a minority with that?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 16, 2019, 06:47:05 PM
My Giganotosaurus stands perfectly. I guess I'm in a minority with that?

Mine does too. Guess it was just stored at a pretty stable temperature. I also ordered from Everything Dinosaur, and they're pretty careful about packing.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Duna

Just received today. It's funny that living a few miles close to you, Eofauna, I would have had to buy it from a German retailer  :)) Well, finally got it from another southern Spanish shop.

The figure is amazing, it's just perfect. I would have liked a mouth painted with different colors, some lighter. But the skin color fits perfectly and very lifelike. Love the dark feet.

Just waiting for the next model!

Concavenator

avatar_Duna @Duna So you got it from a shop in Southern Spain? I didn't know that Eofauna's figures were sold at physical stores.
Could you tell me the name of the shop? I live in Southern Spain too, so it would be interesting to know.

Duna

Quote from: Concavenator on July 01, 2019, 09:50:55 PM
avatar_Duna @Duna So you got it from a shop in Southern Spain? I didn't know that Eofauna's figures were sold at physical stores.
Could you tell me the name of the shop? I live in Southern Spain too, so it would be interesting to know.
Hi, I bought it online, but there seem to be a physical shop. They sent me an email confirmation to do the payment. In 48h I had the two figures at home (I also bought the lovely Collecta Camarasaurus).
The physical shop (or shops) are in Granada, Gran Bazar, near the Cathedral: https://www.alcaiceria.com/index.php

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Duck

I got my Eofauna Giganotosaurus a few days ago, and while I don't have any good pictures, I do think this figure is overrated.
For one thing, the jaws are misaligned, resulting in a strange lopsided look.

The mouth is a solid red. Did this guy just drink blood or something?
The seams behind the mouth really ruin the figure.
There's literally a hole in my dinosaur.

It barely stands. I always need to support it with another dinosaur or against the wall.
The coloration is boring. It is better than a lot of Papo colorations though.
The skull is too long, compared to the latest restorations.
That being said, I do love this figure though, there are a lot of good aspects to it as well. You really have to see it in person to appreciate it.
The feet aren't too big. (CollectA moment)
The scales are the correct size (Cough cough Winter Wilson cough cough)
The arms are the perfect size.
The size is nice. Not too big, not too small.
The detail is nice. The skin folds look great!
It has the boxer's chin, unlike the Vitae version.
That's my two cents.
He who dwells in pond

Lanthanotus

My exemplar of the figure can be seen here and while I have to admit, that the sustained stability in standing requires to be aided by a little bit of Blue Tack under its feet since somewhen in summer 2019 (review written in February), there are now other issues with the figure. The distorted jaws and visible hinge in your figure are in my opinion clearly a mistake in production or transportation. I`d return it and ask for a new one (or refund if that`s what you`d prefer).

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Duck on January 01, 2022, 07:49:45 PM
For one thing, the jaws are misaligned, resulting in a strange lopsided look.
It barely stands. I always need to support it with another dinosaur or against the wall.

Both of these issues are unique to yours from what i've seen. Shame you got such a bad copy
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

Yeah, that's clearly a factory defect.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Over9K

Like so many others, mine would not stand after a short time off the plastic packaging. I went ahead and made a base for the figure using Sculpey, an oven-cured clay, and eventually replacing that with a second base made with Apoxie air-cured clay, which I textured with a stone, and then dry-brushed to make the details pop.

SidB

Quite fitting avatar_Over9K @Over9K , it complements rather than dominates the figure, which remains, properly, the visual focal point.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.