News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

As usual, wonderful figure by PNSO yet again. I think I finally have a convincing way to deal with their releases, though: to only get the species I'm actually interested in. I pretty much like every single one of their new releases but, for me at least, being a PNSO completist is not viable.

I have some issues with the 'Museum Line' thing and pricing though.

Spoiler
Disclaimer: I am aware of the fact PNSO figures are more affordable in China, it's just that for me the difference in not only pricing, but the existence of the line itself is pointless. I don't think the current difference in price is justifiable for the extras and the packaging, because when you buy a figure, it's safe to assume you are paying for the figure, not the figure + whathever extras are included. And the quality of the figures themselves is literally the same as the standard line.

To be honest, even their medium sized line with their packaging, booklets and art already feels like a 'Museum Line' compared to pretty much all the rest of companies. With the Iguanodon, iirc they included something like a tribute to the history of paleontology - why not create a separate book about that? They have certainly released books, why not create one with that theme (pretty good one btw) that doesn't increase the price so clearly on a figure? I think the extras are just an excuse for charging more (won't comment on species choices for the line because I think if the same figures were released under the standard line, they would cost the same)
[close]

Gothmog the Baryonyx

In reply to avatar_Sim @Sim from several pages ago, yes I would get a different species of Daspletosaurus as long as it was nice enough as I go by species not genus. (Though I would not buy 7 Mamenchisaurus and 8 Omeisaurus just to have them all - would be nice to get at least one Omeisaurus though...)

The Tsintaosaurus looks gorgeous, I would rank it as the nicest Hadrosaur they've done, though I would like to see some non-Hadrosaur Iguanodontians not named Iguanodon. I rate Hadrosaurus as 1. Tsintaosaurus, 2. Olorititan, 3. Parasaurolophus & Lambeosaurus, 5. Corythosaurus (and the last one is the only one of the ones I have that I would consider getting rid of right now.

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Sim on February 20, 2022, 07:44:37 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 19, 2022, 11:53:42 AM
I hope that one day PNSO will be encouraged to make a kosmoceratops and medusaceratops (two of my favorite ceratopsids) then I would buy them and whatever costs me a lot or a little, I take it off even for basic purchases in my life, I hope the members in charge listen to me of the PNSO company.

I'd like PNSO to make a Medusaceratops too!  Although PNSO has made 6 centrosaurines and only 1 chasmosaurine, so I think it would be good if their next couple of ceratopsids were chasmosaurines.  Chasmosaurus is the one I'd like most, though apparently a Torosaurus will be next.  When PNSO goes back to centrosaurines Medusaceratops is the one I'd most like them to make.

One other thing I've noticed is that all 5 of PNSO's "standard" hadrosauroids are lambeosaurines.  Maybe it would be good for PNSO's next one to be a saurolophine or a basal species.

Having said all that, ceratopsoids and hadrosauroids are among the most represented groups in PNSO's "standard" figures so I hope PNSO focuses on less represented groups like the ones I listed previously before making more ceratopsoids or hadrosauroids.

I agree with you, we need a saurolopine or a basal species, for example, a saurolophus that accompanies the tarbosaurus would be great and that competes with the great Japanese toy brand Favorite, it would be the ultimate PNSO.

It is good that PNSO focuses on all kinds of dinosaurs and in this case hadrosaurids, ceraptosids and I hope that it will also market different types of raptors and small herbivorous dinosaurs, such as orodromeus, parkosaurus although the latter would not be very marketable but if they took risks, it would be great.

The raptors and ostrich dinosaurs is another commercialization of dinosaurs that it would be interesting for PNSO to do, on the other hand I would like a gigantoraptor of a considerable size in PVC format I only have the one from Collecta and the small one from PNSO and honestly that figure needs more love for another part a highly scientific deinocheirus would buy it yes or yes as now I'm going to buy the tsintaosaurus, finally the tsintaosaurus that I need in my collection!

SRF

The first in hand pictures of the Tsintaosaurus have showed up. It's hard to judge the colors in this lighting though:

Compared to the Iguanodon it's quite small:

And lastly, the figure on its base. The colors seem to be as vibrant as on the promotional images.
But today, I'm just being father

Shonisaurus

Yes it is quite small but in my case I want it in my collection it is very nice. When will Aliexpress facilitate the purchase of said product? When will it be available? My greatest wish is to buy it immediately, it is a highly anticipated figure in my collection. It is a whim that I want to get from the magnificent PNSO company and a DTF member said that it would be available for 2-21-2022 but we are already on the 22nd and it is not for sale yet.

Flaffy

Looking sweet! Nice to see that PNSO didn't skimp out on the paint work for this piece. (almost) Justifies it's higher price ;). Will be picking him up in the future.

And since we're on the topic of paint apps, have there been reports of PNSO lowering the quality of paint on their releases from just a couple months ago? Since PNSO seems to have a trend of doing so. E.g. Mamenchisaurus, Olorotitan, Tylosaurus, Livyatan, Himalayasaurus.

It would be a shame to spend so much on a PNSO model, only to find that it's from a later, sloppier batch with shoddy paint work.

SidB

Yes, again a reason to 'pull the trigger' quickly , when purchasing. Little sense in waiting many months for a major sale and then picking up a figure with greatly inferior paint work.

Psittacoraptor

Pics in daylight: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7735442501

Finally a colourful PNSO dinosaur (that isn't a mini)!

SidB

Quite striking color-wise, much better than I was expecting, I have to admit. And he's a sturdy fellow, might give the local tyrannosaurid pause before engaging with him.

Carnoking

Nice to see less of a drop off in paint with this one! He looks gorgeous!

Concavenator

Anyone knows how much the big AliExpress sales go for? On PNSO's official AliExpress store, the Styracosaurus has a 20% discount and I'm tempted to grab it, but avatar_Faras @Faras mentioned the big sales are on 18th June, 11th November and 12th December. I wouldn't mind waiting if I could get it cheaper than with this 20% discount.

SRF

Quote from: Concavenator on February 22, 2022, 03:31:05 PM
Anyone knows how much the big AliExpress sales go for? On PNSO's official AliExpress store, the Styracosaurus has a 20% discount and I'm tempted to grab it, but avatar_Faras @Faras mentioned the big sales are on 18th June, 11th November and 12th December. I wouldn't mind waiting if I could get it cheaper than with this 20% discount.

There was a big sale in January right before Chinese New Year which also offered discounts of around 20%. I purchased the Triceratops back then since I don't expect to get it at any lower price than that.
But today, I'm just being father

Concavenator

Quote from: SRF on February 22, 2022, 03:37:03 PM

There was a big sale in January right before Chinese New Year which also offered discounts of around 20%. I purchased the Triceratops back then since I don't expect to get it at any lower price than that.

So is 20% the biggest % sale they offer in the whole year? If so, I might just grab it now...

Gwangi

I don't know if it's the biggest sale they'll have but that's a pretty good sale. I would do it, in fact I just got myself the Centrosaurus.

Psittacoraptor

Never seen them offer a higher discount than 20%, and even that is rare.

Faras

Those are big sales on Taobao, I'm not very familiar with AliExpress sales except from they often start simultaneously, sorry :(

Faelrin

Thank goodness the paint came out well with this one. I still lament about the price, especially considering the size, but at least it's pretty faithful to the prototype, something the hadrosaurids, have all been really good with thankfully so far. Looking forward to seeing this one in the hands of folks here.
Edit: I think it looks really nice alongside that Zhuchengtyrannus as well, especially color wise, in those sunlit pics, although I can't remember if those were contemporary or not. Time to read up on it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Samrukia

sorry for offtopic

after reading your recent posts i checked aliexpress and bought my first PNSO figures (Lambeosaurus and Ankylosaurus, $18 each with free shipping).

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on February 22, 2022, 04:09:49 PM
Never seen them offer a higher discount than 20%, and even that is rare.
and Essien is on sale too (25% off)!

quite decent sale's going on right now, folks.

it is so tempting to get the new Styracosaurus too  ::)

Duna

Quote from: Concavenator on February 22, 2022, 03:45:59 PM
So is 20% the biggest % sale they offer in the whole year? If so, I might just grab it now...
Styracosaurus has a very good discount, I've never seen any of the line go under 32-34€, so 30€ is a very good price. I would buy it, but I have bought it. :D I paid more. I highly recommend that figure, it's very very good.

Medzo

Beautiful Tsintaosaurus sculpt, but I'd lose that stand. Just looks cheap in quality but still elevates costs. Unwarranted imho.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: